[Koder] The Doqtor Kirby (Hope I do good!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Mornin' Guys. Just gonna leave this here.

1) What skills can you provide for the team? (PSA programming, BrawlBox Animation, ASM coding, etc.)
  • Well, I can code. Not as well as like Dantarion, but I can code.
2) Please provide a sample of your work. (Video, Picture, etc)
*Posting work is a plus.
  • I helped out and essentially finished the Wifi patch code alongside Diddy Kong. I don't have many codes, if at all, primarily because it's likely already been done, or it's unnecessary or not in high (or even moderate) demand. Plus there's nothing TO do anyway. I'm a task coder, I can't do stuff for myself; rather, I do stuff for others. Matter of fact I've been doing more Melee than Brawl recently, due to my lack of interest and lack of available tasks.
3) How much free time can you devote to the project?
  • It really depends on the day. Sometimes I can spend all day on it and sometimes I can't even get five minutes in.
4) How long have you been playing Smash?
  • I've been playing since, oh, 2006-07? Competitive Melee since about 2010.
5) Why do you deserve to be on the team?
  • In short, I don't, but I tried. If I don't make it, it's no big deal. I can work on more Melee Minus that way.

NEWB

Well, I figure just wanting to is a good enough reason.

If I had to choose, it doesn't make sense to turn away someone that can do something. The onky reason why they wouldn't take a coder is if he was too inexperience.

I know they use skype, so you should have that.

Btw, the new servers seem to be less laggy, but more desynchy.... Would you know why?

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Well, I figure just wanting to is a good enough reason.

If I had to choose, it doesn't make sense to turn away someone that can do something. The onky reason why they wouldn't take a coder is if he was too inexperience.

I know they use skype, so you should have that.
I have a skype. Just not installed to this computer. :p
Btw, the new servers seem to be less laggy, but more desynchy.... Would you know why?
The server isn't Nintendo quality, yet. As for less laggy, that's just your internet giving you a boost, as all the server does is take you to the game. From then on it's P2P. Server disconnections happen in game because if the game ends, where will it go? You're disconnected.

Then again this is all educated speculation. I actually didn't have a hand in developing the server. Just the code to make it Brawl compatible.

Other Aether

Mediator
You sure? The same people I played before I connect better with.
That's because it's P2P connection, which means that you're not connecting through the server. The server connects you to your partner, so then the only limits are your internet, your partners internet, and the strength of your connection (distance and such). Since there is no server reliance, you could theoretically get almost no lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.