Competitive Discussion

Thor

I mean, you balance how you do it, it's your self-modding, I just realized how laugh-worthy running up to a GnW who's charging smashes in teams or FFAs would be if you were Jiggs and shielded - guaranteed trade if no armor.

Other Aether

Mediator
I mean, you balance how you do it, it's your self-modding, I just realized how laugh-worthy running up to a GnW who's charging smashes in teams or FFAs would be if you were Jiggs and shielded - guaranteed trade if no armor.
Well, I guess with great power comes great risk. On the flip side, Jigglypuff can't shield your smashes without trading.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
That's good and all, but what about their meta game so far? It's barely been anytime to develop anything since it's soo new (3-4 days) but I'm curious though.
It's all about forcing the opponent to approach with eggs and then punishing approaches hard with Yoshi's godlike dashgrabs, which are relatively hard to punish considering they're "tether" grabs.
Since the grabs have pretty low endlag, Yoshi can play pretty darn aggressively too when he wants to. In fact, I'm not sure whether it's better to go in with smart approaches, or to try to annoy with eggs...

I have NO idea what to use Egg Roll for at all though. I don't find the bounce to be all that useful, but then again I haven't found any good applications for it + cancel.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I never use the bounce for very much.

Baby_Sneak

you guys know yoshi still has the Dragonic reverse which gives yoshi even more mobility options? absolutely crazy if you can master them all...

also, after testing yoshi can also ISJR (instant second jump recover) with aerial egg roll. this can be used for chases, edgeguarding, combos ( if you jump at the right time, youll hit the opponent and footstool at the same time), and possiblely more since i just messed with the move.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

You use the egg roll to tech chase or just chase foes and do a smash. A sliding dsmash is pretty decent since foes will shield the first hit, but not always the second.

As for the bounce, it's just for chasing or mobility purposes. With timing, you can chase with yoshi foot.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Has anyone found a useful combat tactic that involves Sheik's whip?

Thor

I can't tell if you're saying you have or you find the whip useless, but... it doesn't seem that great to me, except as a tether recovery. It's certainly a "shocking" option though, heh heh.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I'm asking if anyone has found any combat use for it, for I have not. Yes, it is an effective tether recovery, but I'm looking for an effective way of incorporating it into an attack or combo.

NEWB

It can temporarily wall someone like that. It's also suppossed to link with a grab somehow. Like, I think it's when she flicks the whip up someway, it knocks foes towards you. I can't do it.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
If you have any videos of you playing (for those who haven't played you themself), then that'd be a huge help.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
You could upload them in a .zip to a site like Mediafire, then PM him.