[.:Release:.] MinimaLauncher v1.2

What do you use to play your Brawl Mods?

• MinimaLauncher

Votes: 19 34.5%
  • GeckoOS

Votes: 13 23.6%
  • NeoGamma

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • CFG USB Loader

Votes: 7 12.7%
  • USB Loader GX

Votes: 5 9.1%
  • WiiFlow

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • ProjectM Launcher

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • WiiLauncher

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 4 7.3%

• Total voters

Larsenv

OK, done, I had to change the number of mods to 13 to 12 temporarily.

Now here is the updated button guide:
  • If you hold down nothing, it will use the GCT in /codes/1/
  • If you hold down "LEFT", it will use the GCT in /codes/2/
  • If you hold down "RIGHT", it will use the GCT in /codes/3/
  • If you hold down "UP”, it will use the GCT in /codes/4/
  • If you hold down "DOWN”, it will use the GCT in /codes/5/
  • If you hold down "A”, it will use the GCT in /codes/6/
  • If you hold down "B”, it will use the GCT in /codes/7/
  • If you hold down "PLUS”, ("R" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/8/
  • If you hold down "MINUS”, ("L" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/9/
  • If you hold down "HOME”, ("Start" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/10/
  • If you hold down "1", ("X" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/11/
  • If you hold down "2", ("Y" on a GameCube Controller) it will use the GCT in /codes/12/
Here's the updated app:

https://mega.co.nz/#!TQ8k3KYQ!J9DfZ2x-YA-djMVGDzHmbdqwWKr55KBD5b1gOkRQfBE

I also made a pack with 7 mods:

The mods use this GCT folder:

• /codes/1/ = Pikezer's BrawlEx Pack
  • /codes/2/ = Brawl Minus 3.Q Online
  • /codes/3/ = Brawl Minus 3.Q Offline
  • /codes/4/ = Brawl Minus Zeus
  • /codes/5/ = Project M Online
  • /codes/6/ = Project M Offline
  • /codes/7/ = Project M Patt Edition
They all work correctly, and also work with SDHC Cards.

Please tell me if you want me to add more mods to the pack.

Here's the download for the pack:

Part 1:

https://mega.co.nz/#!LN1hFK4T!AT90SQjnKTVQqd0mH1zM_i4nLNzIrlJue0TYfhjVQmA

Part 2:

https://mega.co.nz/#!idcjxZLI!u8tLz_pRCYbIxsAtGh4LKQlLxEd0H82ZegcKwm4Al9Y

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

What controllers does this work for?

I,m just clarifying cuz it looks like one controller can't access all 12 mods. Is this just the wii mote and GC controller?

Larsenv

What controllers does this work for?

I,m just clarifying cuz it looks like one controller can't access all 12 mods. Is this just the wii mote and GC controller?

It is for the Wii Remote and GameCube Controller.

Only use one of them to do this, only the Wii Remote has been tested working but I don't know about the GameCube Controller

All of the buttons on the GameCube Controller use the same buttons that the Wii Remote uses, except:
  • 1 Button, which is changed to the Y button
  • 2 button, which is changed to the X button
  • HOME button, which is changed to the Start button
  • Minus button, which is changed to the L button
  • Plus button, which is changed to the R button
Please let me know if you encounter any problems..

Remember to hold down the button immediately after booting the app, until the mod loads, however, if you let go of the button before it boots up, it won't boot up the correct mod..

Also, the Classic Controller Pro and Classic Controller aren't supported..

Please unplug it if you have it on your Wii Remote when booting MinimaLauncher..

Last edited by a moderator:

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
I'm new to Minus, but I'm having trouble with the launcher. All I get is vBrawl. I just want to load Minus and PM on the same card. Using Homebrew and SDHC to let you know.

bandeaux

Oh, you know, that one DK main.
I'm new to Minus, but I'm having trouble with the launcher. All I get is vBrawl. I just want to load Minus and PM on the same card. Using Homebrew and SDHC to let you know.
i don't know anything about this type of stuff but i'm not sure that having PM and B- on the same card will work when trying to load only one of the mods. try taking anything PM-related out of your SD first, keep the contents somewhere in your PC for now and see if launching minus will work then.
EDIT: unless minus has already worked before for you... sometimes what i do is make a new folder on the SD (that's some random name like 'other mod') and store all of the contents on one mod there, and keep the other's contents on the root. so, technically both PM and B- are on the same card, but they won't really interfere with each other.

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
i don't know anything about this type of stuff but i'm not sure that having PM and B- on the same card will work when trying to load only one of the mods. try taking anything PM-related out of your SD first, keep the contents somewhere in your PC for now and see if launching minus will work then.
EDIT: unless minus has already worked before for you... sometimes what i do is make a new folder on the SD (that's some random name like 'other mod') and store all of the contents on one mod there, and keep the other's contents on the root. so, technically both PM and B- are on the same card, but they won't really interfere with each other.
THX, but could you show a screenshot on file arrangement?

Lukas99

Hey guys. I am new to this.. Can somebody please send me the right links and Screenshots how it used to look like? I am simply to dumb for this but I want brawl minus so bad.. thanks for your help :)

bandeaux

This doesn't seem entirely clear to me, I had the files arranged somewhat like that. Where does the GCT and gameconfig go?

The gameconfig and GCT for B- all go in the same folder. Everything B- related will have to be in that folder (except MinimaLauncher). Meanwhile you'll have PM's GCT and gameconfig in their normal places (gameconfig on root, GCT in codes folder).

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
bandeaux Good+bad news, I know how to make it work, but I'm having trouble with Larsenv's version. The Codeset.txt for PM's stage expansion doesn't work and My Music freezes.

Lukas99

FalconRPG... I want to launch the game but it freezes After I press 'launch game' it gives me many code
This launcher is an alternative for GeckoOS, Project M launcher, etc.

It supports SDHC, cleans and organizes your SD card, as well as other things listed below the Features section. It's also so we don't have to rely on the Project M launcher if someone wishes to launch Minus on an SD card larger than 2 GB.

It's worth a shot, so I suggest downloading it and trying it out. :)

Do I have to put the files of the Minima launcher in the apps folder instead of the geckoOs files?

bandeaux

bandeaux Good+bad news, I know how to make it work, but I'm having trouble with Larsenv's version. The Codeset.txt for PM's stage expansion doesn't work and My Music freezes.
Well, I can't really help you much there 'cause I'm not familiar with this mod. If My Music freezes, my guess is because of the mod.

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
The problem is where the txt files should go isn't shown. They could be considered cheat files and I've read they go in the codes folder, but where? This caused the My Music to freeze and had to risk deleting my save or use a code (fixed now). A pic would've been convenient at that point.

Supahsawnik99

I am trying to get my mod to load up via this method (because A: My old SD Card broke, and B: I need more space). I have the apps folder (with Gecko OS, Minima Launcher and the Project M Launcher installed), the codes folder (with my own codeset named RSBE01.gct), and the Private folder (with all of my content, and some BrawlEx Stuff), and the gameconfig.txt file. I tried loading up my mod on my Wii, but, it just loads up regular Brawl instead. I'm using a 4GB SDHC card that came with my 3DS, and I have the SDHC Extension code. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks!

bandeaux

Sorry man, but at this point I'm completely lost. Try messaging someone more familiar with modding and see what they say.

If this discussion isn't dead yet, can I have a screenshot of Larsenv's twelve mod set-up. I'm a little bit lost.

Ebola16

I noticed a commit was recently made to the Minima Launcher repo to change the hook type. Can someone tell me how to build Minima Launcher on Windows or provide a compiled version with the hook type change?

Thanks!

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
I noticed a commit was recently made to the Minima Launcher repo to change the hook type. Can someone tell me how to build Minima Launcher on Windows or provide a compiled version with the hook type change?

Thanks!
It’s not live.

Ebola16

Whipped out a Linux VM and compiled the version of Minima Launcher that includes the Hook Fix. The latest version of Minima Launcher appears to solve https://bugs.dolphin-emu.org/issues/10033. The Minima forum post hasn't been updated so you'll need to build it yourself or download the version I compiled (http://www.mediafire.com/file/c80olbmtsjdlb11/MinimaLauncherHookFix.zip). I didn't need any workarounds for this launcher so it boosted Android's Brawl Mod performance from ~30FPS to ~37FPS!

Last edited: