Brawl Minus 4.2 Bug Report Thread

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
New version of Minus, new Bug Report Thread. Show me ya bugs!

Moderators and I will update this thread as more bugs are reported.

Note: This is the Bug Report Thread, not the Community Request Thread. Please only report bugs in here. Some examples of bugs are graphical / audio glitches, things that do not load properly, freeze the game, make the game lag, and anything that does not work as the Developers intended.

If you have reasonable requests for changes to how Brawl Minus plays, or suggestions on how to make the game look and sound better, please submit those ideas to the Community Request Thread for the next version. Thank you.

=================================================================

Brawl Minus 4.2 Pending Bugs

General

:random: Miscellaneous:

---
The "vBrawl Art" build for consoles has "Minus Art" on the Match Results screen. [Bent 00]
---
During 3 and 4-player matches on console, the screen occasionally flickers black. [Bent 00]
---
Due to the current implementation of stages, the My Music menu has buggy icons and repeats of Battlefield. [FalconRPG]
Bent 00: "This S.E.P. bug will hopefully be fixed in 4.3, when we use a different method of adding stages."
---
On Ganondorf's Warlock punch, the 666% damage it does when it lands is not purple anymore but its a shade of red. [???]
Bent 00: "The damage gauge numbers' font and colors were changed in 4.1, IIRC. This is not a bug."
---

:random: Single-Player Modes:

---
In Single-Player Modes, CPU players default to Mario instead of Random. [unrelatedisme123]
Survivian: "Working on it."
---
In Practice Mode, the Combo Counter does not work properly. [unrelatedisme123]
Survivian: "No one knows what breaks this. Even the Project M Devs could not fix it."
---

:random: Special Brawl Modes:

---
Elemental Mode doesn't work properly. [unrelatedisme123]
---
Picking Random as a character in All-Star Mode always selects Mario. [unrelatedisme123]
---
Link no longer dies immediately after spawning in All-Star Mode, but now he appears in the wrong location. [unrelatedisme123]
---

Character

:bowser: Bowser:

---
Bowser's ROyal Rampage attempts to Grab Waddle Dees/Doos and Pikmin, when it should not. [???]
---

:falcon: Captain Falcon:

---
Charged Falcon Punch cannot be reversed on the ground. [Bent 00]
---

:charizard: Charizard:

---
Charizard's Neutral B can levitate in the air twice per airtime, rather than only once. [???]
---

:diddy: Diddy Kong:

---
Diddy Up-Throwing someone into Charizard's rocks freezes him. [EpicNonBread]
---

:falco: Falco:

---
On console, during Falco's Final Smash, firing a shot from Landmaster's cannon will crash the game. [???]
---

:ivysaur: Ivysaur:

---
Ivysaur's Final Smash, Solarbeam, is seriously bugged. [???]
---

:link:Link:
---
Link's left eye disappears when he performs Back Slice. [Bent 00]
3QagE74.jpg
KGdScsa.jpg
Survivian: "Animation issue. Can fix that in a minute or so."
---
If Link is Knocked Out while holding Mortal Draw, he will respawn in the wrong spot. [EpicNonBread]
---

:pikachu:Pikachu:
---
A fully-charged Skull Bash will go right through an opponent standing right beside Pikachu, without affecting the target at all. The hitbox does not come out soon enough when Pikachu shoots forward that fast -- it can hit foes point-blank if it's not fully-charged. [Bent 00]
---

:roy:Roy:
---
Awakening-Style Roy claps holding his sword in his lose animation. His sword should be put away. [Bent 00]
Survivian: "Silly feature."
Bent 00: "This should be an easy fix. Please don't keep it in as a 'feature'."
---
If Roy uses aerial Side-Special in the opposite direction he's moving, he loses a lot of speed unless he B-Reverses it. [???]
Survivian: "Roy’s Side-Special builds up momentum instead of being a sudden burst. Using it in the opposite direction understandably kills a lot of that momentum."
---

:sheik: SheiK:

---
Sheik still has the momentum glitch on her Side-Special. [Dusk]
---

:sonic: Sonic:

---
Using Up-Special as Sonic in his green and yellow costume crashes the game on Dolphin, and probably on Wii. [???]
Bent 00: "This will be fixed in 4.3, courtesy of Glitch."
---

:waluigi:Waluigi:
---
Waluigi's voice is too quiet in-game, and his victory animations have no sound at all. [Bent 00]
Survivian: "Waluigi being too quiet is a BrawlEx issue. His victory SFX have yet to be added by MK64DS."
---
waluigi can't reflect with a Perfect Shield, while every other character in the game can. [???]
Survivian: "He can reflect, but only for one frame, as opposed to everyone else’s. We’re gonna fix it."
---
Waluigi CPU A.I. is still broken. It is terrible at recovering. [???]
Survivian: "His A.I. will stay broken until MK64DS fixes it."
---
Waluigi loses all aerial momentum instantly if the Control Stick is not held. [Syn Starr]
Survivian: "I don’t know what to say about this."
---

:yoshi: Yoshi:

---
When landing on a slope from a double jump, Yoshi stutters for a few frames before being able to land and act. [???]
Survivian: "No clue what causes this. Doesn’t happen in vBrawl."
---

:zelda: Zelda:

---
Zelda's teleport ("Farore's Wind") still fails when touching a wall. [???]
---

Stage

---
Hanenbow displays correctly on Stage Select, but picking it will send you to Kongo Jungle instead. [lgnmcrules]
Survivian: "Kongo Jungle will only show up when Hanenbow is selected if you do not do a clean install of Minus."
---
Stages added via the Stage Expansion Project (SEP) cannot be toggled on or off in Random Stage Select. [DJbone]
Survivian: "We will fix this in version 4.3 by using a different method of adding in stages."
---
On the Mario Bros. stage, K.O.s cause a green flash which can crash the game. [Coepe]
---
In the Lavender Town stage, the SFX of Pichu, Roy, and Waluigi are too quiet. [4.0BC Bug Report Thread]
Pin Clock: "The audio of those three are quiet because they are loaded from Subspace Emissary files."
Survivian: "This is a BrawlEx issue, not something caused by anything we did."

---

Brawl Minus 4.2 Addressed Bugs

Character

:pichu: Pichu:

---
When Pichu gets Jab Reset, it gets stuck in a T-Pose until it leaves the ground. [Jankoe]
Survivian: "Fixed in 4.2-0104. Pichu was missing the 'DownDamageU3' and 'DownDamageD3' animations."
---

:pikachu: Pikachu:

---
Pikachu’s F-Smash now grows correctly [???]
Bent 00: "Fixed in 4.2-0104."
---

:rob: R.O.B.:

---
On console only, using Gyro while playing as Gamecube R.O.B. will freeze the game. [Survivian]
Bent 00: "Fixed in 4.2-0104."
---

Character

:luigi: Luigi:

---
Luigi's fireballs inflict a fire effect on foes for a longer time than Mario's fireballs. [???]
Survivian: "Negligible at best."
---

:toonlink: Toon Link:

---
While grounded, if Toon Link throws a Bomb straight down, it will set on the ground without exploding. [???]
Survivian: "Feature. This never happens in vBrawl, so this was a deliberate thing."
---

:yoshi: Yoshi:

---
Now that Back-Air has been Buffed, Yoshi shouldn't be able to land every hit in one go, but it can on certain foes. [???]
Survivian: "Yoshi should only be able to land all hits against a Super-Armored Bowser. Use D.I. to escape the hits."
---

:zss:Zero Suit Samus:
---
Z.S.S.' Final Smash does not work properly; she does not don her Power Suit at the end. [unrelatedisme123]
Survivian: "That is 100% on-purpose."
Bent 00: "IIRC, the Samus/Z.S.S. switch via Final Smash was disabled because of file size constraints."
---

=================================================================

Before posting a Bug Report, please check to make sure it has not already been reported in a previous version. Listed from newest to oldest...

https://forums.brawlminus.net/threads/bug-report-thread-for-4-1.1498/
https://forums.brawlminus.net/threads/brawl-minus-4-0bc-bug-report-thread.1203/

At some point, someone should go through the list of bugs from previous versions and add any that still exist to the list above.

Last edited 01/13/2018 at 08:07 PM.

Last edited:

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Correction for two bugs on that list:

GC ROB doesn’t crash the game because of crouching.
Attempting to use GC ROB’s Gyro crashes the game.
And only for console players.
Dolphin players are unaffected.

Kongo Jungle, the DK stage I assume, will only show up if you do not do a clean install of Minus.
Because of how some of the files merge, it doesn’t work right if not done from a clean install.
This goes for the console builds and the Dolphin build.

- Surv

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
Due to the current implementation of stages, the My Music menu has buggy icons and repeats of Battlefield.

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
Old Bugs Still Present In This Version:
Link's Left Eyes still disappears when performing a back
upload_2018-1-6_11-10-0.png

A fully-charged Skull Bash will go right through an opponent standing right beside Pikachu, without affecting the target at all. The hitbox does not come out soon enough when Pikachu shoots forward that fast -- it can hit foes point-blank if it's not fully-charged.
Awakening-Style Roy claps holding his sword in his lose animation. His sword should be put away.
Waluigi's voice is too quiet in-game, and his victory animations have no sound at all.
ZSS Final Smash does not work
Lavander Town - Pichu, Roy, and Waluigi are quiet.
Picking a random character in all star mode results in Mario.
Cpus in 1player modes default to mario instead of random.
Link no longer dies upon spawning in all star mode, but still spawns in the wrong lcoation.
Practice mode combo counter down work.
Elemental mode doesn't work properly at all.
Tink throwing his bomb down from the ground will not blow them up, but rather just set them down.(not sure if bug or feaeture)
When yoshi lands on something angled from a double jump, he stutters in the air for a few ms before landing and being able to act.
Charizard Neutral B levitates inn the air twice before touching the ground instead of once
Luigi's fireballs, when they hit people leave a fire effect on the character for quite a long while compared to mario's fireballs. Not sure if intentional.
waluigi can't reflect with a perfect shield, while every other character in the game can.
On Ganon's warlock punch, the 666% damage it does when it lands is not purple anymore but its a shade of red.
If Roy is moving one direction and uses his aerial side-B in the other direction, he loses a lot of speed. (He doesn't lose the speed if he B-reverses it, but not everyone knows about this.)
Waluigi CPU is still broken.
Waluigi still loses all aerial momentum instantly if the control stick is not held as shown in the first part of Syn's Video.
Zelda's teleport still fails when touching a wall.
Bowser's RR grabs waddles and pikmin.
Diddy upthrowing into zard's rocks freezes him.(Found by ENB)
https://gfycat.com/AgitatedOrneryIlladopsis
Link being killed while holding mortal draw makes him spawn in the wrong place.(Found by ENB)
https://gfycat.com/KlutzyFrequentFritillarybutterfly
Sheik still has the momentum glitch on her side-B(Dusk)

New Bugs:
Firing a falco landmaster shot crashes the game on wii.
Using up-b with sonic in his mountain dew(the green and yellow one) suit crashes the game on dolphin and probably on wii.
Ivysaur Final Smash is no longer solar beam.
On the results screen, the portraits are minus art on the vBrawl version.
IIn this version, each of yoshis hits does a lot more damage, because they are not all supposed to be able to hit, but on certain characters they do. Not sure if this counts as a bug, but here anyways. Diddy Kong was supposed to completely lose his dash attack cancel to being only on hit, but he can still cancel it with a dash, so being unable to always cancel is mostly not much of a change cause he can just hold the direction then jump or dtilt.

Last edited:

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Link’s Left Eyes still disappears when performing a back [slash].”
Animation issue. Can fix that in a minute or so.

Roy claps with his sword.”
Silly feature.

Waluigi quietness and Extra character quietness on Lavender Town”
BrawlEx issue (yes BrawlEx the system and not something we did) and also Waluigi probably just doesn’t have voice lines for Victory screen. Probably won’t get fixed until MK64DS releases his rework.

ZSS Final Smash doesn’t work.”
That is 100% intentional. Unless Samus’ spits her out as ZSS. Either way, there is an animation (a lazy one albeit) for coming down out of it which leads me to believe that’s intentional.

Default being Mario and Link All-Star problems”
Working on it.

Practice mode combo counter”
No one knows what breaks it. Not even PM could figure that out apparently. That’s what I’ve been told anyways.

Tink setting bombs down instead of blowing up”
Feature. This never happens in vBrawl so this was a deliberate thing.

Yoshi angled platform bug”
No clue what causes this. Doesn’t happen in vBrawl.

Luigi’s Fireballs leave the effect around for a long time”
Negligible at best.

Waluigi can’t perfect shield”
He can but only for 1 frame as opposed to everyone else’s. We’re aware and we’re gonna fix it.

Roy loses speed when doing Side-B in the opposite direction after the first one”
Roy’s Side-B builds up momentum instead of just a sudden speed burst type thing. Side-B in the opposite direction understandably kills a lot of that momentum.

Waluigi CPU is broken” and “Waluigi air control is bad”
CPU will probably stay broken until MK64DS’ rework and I don’t know what to say about the air momentum thing.

Sonic’s Green Racing Suit spring crashes the game on Dolphin and Wii”
Thank Glitch for fixing that.

“Yoshi’s Back-Air does a lot of damage when all the hits connect”
Yoshi should never be able to land all the hits unless it’s against a super armored Bowser. Any amount of DI gets you out of the hits, and the example you showed is a No DI example. Not saying it should do that much damage, but in practice, it never turns out that way.

Diddy’s Kong Dash Attack cancels on Dash”
That’s the point. Always being able to cancel was too powerful of an approach option, so now if you want to get your cancels in, you have to do an extra input essentially. This is intended.

Aight I’m done.

Last edited:

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
More Bugs:
Olimar's down B can currently be reflected but it does not do damage back to Olimar. It should either be not reflectable or do damage to Olimar. Preferably the first.
Olimars side B can be refleced but it does not do the final hit with knockback when it latches onto olimar.

Lavaville no longer does the thing in the gfycat below. It may have been accidentally removed or something.
Samus d-tilt was supposed to be cancellable on hit, and have lag on whiff and lag. Its actually cancellable on hit/shield because whoever made the change didn't set it to differentiate between shield and hit.

Last edited:

GDSIlver

A bug I just found. I don't have a video, but here's what happened. I was playing DK on battlefield. I pulled a barrel and threw it(I missed) I went to go pick it up as it was flickering and the game crashed. This is probably because the barrel disappeared, and then DK picked up the barrel. But the barrel isn't there anymore, so it tries to put an object that doesn't exist in DK's hand.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Slight visual bug:
If Link has a Deku Nut ready to pull, any throws he does will cause the opponent to share the green overlay that he has.

K

Karbon

Due to the current implementation of stages, the My Music menu has buggy icons and repeats of Battlefield.
Furthermore, the only stage that actually DOES have the correct "Stage expansion" icon is battlefield, ironically enough.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
“Bowser attempts to grab Waddles and Pikmin.”
This was never our intent. I don’t know the specifics, but it’s a detection issue.

“Occasional black flickering during 3/4 Player matches.”
Stability issues that were introduced in 4.1. Currently have no clue how to fix them.

“Elemental Mode is broke.”
Since Elemental Mode is an ASM code, we’d have to run a lot more tests than necessary just to fix it. This is time that can be spent on other projects.

“PAWNCH can’t be reversed on the ground.”
Although I’m not entirely certain, I think this was something that made it’s way in 4.1 and was never found due to it not being obvious. Maybe.

“Charizard’s Neutral-B floats twice.”
Whoops.

“Diddy’s Up-Throw freezes him when he throws someone into a rock.”
In the .GIF provided, Diddy actually clangs with the rocks causing him to both lose Charizard and freeze him in place. While this explanation doesn’t fix anything, it allows us to diagnose the problem more accurately.

“Link getting knocked out while preparing a Mortal Draw messes with his respawn.”
This is due to Link’s crude PSA which already causes a lot of problems as is. Will be fixed next version.

“Ivysaur Solarbeam is messed up.”
I-I don’t... even know what to say about this one.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
“PAWNCH can’t be reversed on the ground.”
Although I’m not entirely certain, I think this was something that made it’s way in 4.1 and was never found due to it not being obvious. Maybe.
I found that bug quickly and reported it not long after the release of 4.1, IIRC.
I wasn't happy that Elliot put in the whole "Mash B" Boost Power mechanic without consulting any Falcon mains first.
The only good things he added to Falcon were the "You got Boost Power" line and the "charging" SFX from F-Zero GX.
Other than those two SFX, 4.0BC Falcon was better.

I wouldn't mind editing Boost-Powered Falcon (which was based off 4.0BC Falcon) as you like, if you would want to use it as a replacement for 4.2 Falcon.
I think BPF is a good fit as-is... the Boost Charge mechanic is certainly more polished in my version, you can reverse grounded Charged Falcon Punch, and there are no janky new animations. GFX/SFX polish is in the works.

Just offering, because official 4.1 / 4.2 Falcon makes me sad.

Coepe

Pikachu's back air and Sonic's dash attack with the C-stick (set to attack) causes the move to start, but then jumps before the move finishes.

Last edited:

ThatViolaGuy32

Pikachu's back air and Sonic's dash attack with the C-stick (set to attack) causes the move to start, but then jumps before the move finishes.

This happens with many moves when done with tilt stick. This is annoying since the jump is often unintentional, but can be OP when used properly, as it cancels all ending, and, in some cases, the jump puts you in the perfect spot for a follow-up. Some moves, like Sheik's forward tilt, only do this if the move connects.

PickL

This happens with many moves when done with tilt stick. This is annoying since the jump is often unintentional, but can be OP when used properly, as it cancels all ending, and, in some cases, the jump puts you in the perfect spot for a follow-up. Some moves, like Sheik's forward tilt, only do this if the move connects.
wow! I need to test this

Brosiyeah

Talentless
Snake's explosives don't show up on the water part of Fountain of Dreams. They sit under the water, impossible to see.

Theroux

After a lot of random-alls and resetting, everything I found is below. Some things were mentioned already. Although, I don't know what is easier/quicker (or even possible) to fix, or what is more vital to fix.

Crashes
-Finishing Stage 11 in Classic (just before Master Hand) with one of the 4 new characters (or at least Roy. Only tested once.)
-Looking at SD card in stage builder (only if that custom “stage” file is there. Just had to delete it.)
-Checking 'Group Records.'
-Falco’s landmaster for some reason crashes the game roughly 3/4 of the way in after summoning. Fox and Wolf’s work fine.
-SSE softlocks right around the Wario/Pokemon Trainer segment. Opening the stickers menu (as well as in the Vault) seems to freeze.
-Multiple Battlefields appear under ‘My Music,’ and many stage icons are messed up. Attempting to open some of them freezes.
-Game seems to freeze if the automatic intro matches load.

Unknown Crashes
-Game froze with stage select set to random in rules. Worked fine many times before. So far it never froze if I manually went to SSS and chose random there. I did turn off random custom stages, so I don't know what stage it tried to load.
-At least one of Mewtwo’s attacks?
-At least one of Snake's attacks or nikita?
-Complete random crashes at times, usually in training mode.

Less Important
-Occasionally, the Minus announcer will fail to load and the normal Brawl voice clips will play.
-The custom Brawl Minus art is displayed on the results screen, even if one downloaded the regular art version of the mod (which I don't mind).
-Voice clips of Pichu, Mewtwo, Roy, and Waluigi can still be heard when they are metal. They are also generally not loud enough and can sometimes fail to load outright (or Mewtwo's at least), making them mostly silent. They seem to be quieter farther off stage.
-Single-player records and brawl stats for the 4some cannot be saved.
-Kirby cannot copy the 4some.
-Roy’s sword swipes are sometimes white instead of orange.
-CPU Waluigi will not attempt to recover at all if knocked off stage, usually not even double jumping.
-Mario Bros stage is visually glitchy when people are koed, same with Smash64 stages. Might've also occured when Waluigi was attacked?
-Luigi CPUs excessively spam dash attacks (maybe because it has the extra move?) They may also simply spam fireballs, smash attacks, or stand completely still during their final smash.
-Lucario’s aura doesn’t work at all; seems to leave him at his very weak initial level. Only when he’s at 999% specifically does he have the super buff. Also his down-tilt seems to be unaffected by both, dealing around 9%.
-Barrels disappear quickly, probably because of DK.
-Wario sometimes uses his medium fart when down b is used.
-Custom stages cannot be played.
-In training mode, combos and total damage aren’t registered. Sometimes it might say 1 combo, presumably from a stage hazard.
-In Special Brawl, Element Mode just loads the flowers and All Star Mode always starts with Mario and doesn't switch (likely tried the latter incorrectly though. Wasn’t sure if you could use Random stocks.)
-In All Star Mode, Charizard will be fought with three stocks. After defeating Olimar the game instantly returns to the CSS without recording anything.
-Target Test records don't seem to save even for regular characters, although announcer did say “New record" once.
-All replays show incorrect stage name and photo. Watching Brawlminus replays in the normal game, and vice versa, doesn't work properly.
-Occasionally whenever I selected a new stage, such as Hyrule Castle 64 (that played a custom track), exited, then selected another stage, it would play the same music (IE Step: The Plain which is actually HC64’s theme now) there also. This seemed to just happen in training mode and on the very next stage only. I’ve also seen the game say “Go KK Rider” for the Golden Sun track on Norfair. Just some weird loading issues I suppose.
-Damage% Given and Hit% in battle results say 0. This seemed to be happening with everyone suddenly.

Other Info
-I noticed an unusually high rate of matches (felt like at least half) with 2 of the same character (out of 4), despite such a large roster. Could be nothing though.
-I don't know if you keep stickers picked up by the 4some (it does show Items Picked up in results).
-A lot of Mewtwo's moves seem weak in terms of knockback, mainly fair and his smashes. Plus his forward throw seems worse.
-The blast zones on Venus Lighthouse feel a lot farther away than normal.

Last edited:

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Theroux

Thanks for your bug searching, though I do have a few things to say.

Crashes:
- If by “looking at the SD card anywhere,” you mean looking in the SD card when viewing replays, stages, or screenshots, it shouldn’t; I use the SD card slot regularly for replays and nothing has happened; I know many others without this problem as well

Unknown:
- Stage select is buggy right now, so random ruleset probably tried to load a stage that wasn’t there or something along those lines
- Mewtwo is a BrawlEx bug magnet; it’s not an Eldin thing
- SD card files sometimes not getting read happens; announcer probably got the boot while getting read off the SD card

Less Important:
- All-Star’s busted with added characters period
- Target Tests do save; weird that it doesn't for you
- Replays are fine from my experience, weird bug on your end
- You can’t play custom stages because there’s a code in the .gct file preventing you from doing so; it’s so that you don’t try to play the stage that hackless Wii users need to boot up the mod
- Curry is Turbo now; it just doesn’t have the space gobbling model that PM has; functions the exact same as their Turbo mode except you can cancel a move into the same move
- Kirby not copying new characters is not possible in the current moment; BrawlEx isn’t that wizardy yet
- Waluigi’s AI is just straight up corrupted; he’s basically a cripple when it comes to recovering

Other:
- SSE is fine up until the Ruined Zoo where Pokemon Trainer just breaks everything; you can brute force through it on Dolphin
- What do you mean, “mixed character art?”
- Replays not being right for you is weird as they’ve always been fine on my end; transferring replays to a Dolphin build of the game from console will just make the desync errors worse

Theroux

I went with the Homebrew method over the stage builder one, but I was given the custom “stage” file with the download anyway, which explained the freezing there. It’s gone so the SD card should be fine now.

I tested Target Test easy with DDD who was clocked at 17:35. I completed it again in 14:20 and this time funnily enough the announcer said “complete” rather than “new record.” And it still says 17:35.

I’m not sure what happened with the replays. They all said “home run contest” and the stage photos were mostly random. I could watch them but obviously in the normal game it showed a completely different match, I assume because all the characters and stages had different stats/moves and it tries to replicate them. It also occurs the other way around; watching normal replays in minus produces the same wonky results since all the characters and stages are different. Sometimes the stage name will be blank instead of HRC.

The “mixed art” was the brawl minus art displaying on the results screen even though I downloaded the Brawl art. Someone said this was an issue but I still think it’s neat.

For bringing replays to PC I meant just watching them there or even uploading to YouTube. I don’t know if it would show the same “modded” match.

I updated the wiki, including the character changes page, as best as I could, but it’s not perfect. (https://www.ssbwiki.com/Brawl-)

As for other general suggestions, I thought maybe everyone could have cancelable Taunts and/or have more Taunts do unique effects, like ZSS’ side and down taunt dealing damage. Also maybe adding “Captain Olimar, Princess Peach, and Princess Zelda” to that whole ‘full name’ thing that was being done. And organizing the SSS better.

Last edited:

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Theroux

When you’re talking about the replays, what kinds are you trying to view? Are they replays from vBrawl or are they replays from an earlier version of Minus?

Bringing replays to Dolphin still doesn’r translate 1:1. Even if it did show the same match initially, it’ll end completely different or just hang at a weird spot.

Again, it’s not a specific move that causes Mewtwo to freeze the game. There’s just some things that float around him (mainly due to BraqlEx) that cause him to be somewhat buggy. First I’ve heard of major freezing though.

EDIT: The reason the stage photos in replays are bugged is because the game doesn’t know which stage to load for the extra stages. Same goes for the characters added into Minus.

If you load directly into the replay viewer on top of one of those bugged replays, it’ll show it as a stage builder stage.

The extra characters when doing the same thing will show as “no character” icons.