Request Thread for Brawl Minus 4.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
...but could get kills even earlier by resting near the side.

I assume that's what you meant to say, anyway.

Changing the angle is both a buff and a nerf.
i think it'd be a very slight nerf overall, but yea thats what i meant to say. I just think it would be more interesting.

Brosiyeah

Talentless
I was playing with final smashes yesterday and noticed that Luigi's freezes everyone else. I think it'd be a cool easter egg to replace his chanting sound with "Za Warudo" from Jojo's Bizzare Adventure.

Fountainboy

What I would really like to see is more customization on brawl- and some other stuff from project m. (Note: I may have stuff that people mentioned before. I just want to share my ideas)

First I will go what I like to see in old modes.

All Star Mode (Special Versus) : Right now I would want to see Random work for all star mode because it seems that random doesn't register as a character in All Star Mode, instead I usually get the characters I selected last time.

Stamina Mode: I want to see project m stamina mode with the 5 modes (Optional: Maybe except type 5) and make it so that you can have a max of 990 stamina, stocks go with stamina, and the time.

300% Mode: I want to change this mode to a handicap mode where you can change the starting percent of any character.

Now what I want fixed in the game (Only 1 thing)

Link: I want him to be back because links spawn is usually below other spawns or it instant kills him.

What I want to see new

Damage Ratio: If possible you can make it so that any player can set the damage ratio to whatever they want from 0.1 to 20.0 (Or just 10.0). This is what I call Breaking the Limits!

(Optional) Another Handicap Mode : In this handicap mode you can customize how much kb you take compared to other characters.

Fast mode: Instead of the game speed pretty much fast its the attack speed that's fast with lower landing lag and moves come out faster.

Other stuff I want to see.

Melee/Project m medium, hard hit sounds: Those sounds always satisfy me when I hit a opponent and launch them pretty far.

(Optional) Marth Electric stunning tippers: Inspired by rivals

(Don't do this devs its optional) Dev mode: I said it taking customization to the max but I don't ask you to do this.

Adding more customized and funny win animations: I noticed that more then half of these are gone when 4.1 came out but I want the return of them.

(Optional) 1 new character: I want at least 1 new character in the game. (Optional list that I like: Smash 4 Corrin, Smash 4 Bayo, Smash 4 Shulk, Melee Doc, Customized Lucina.

More limit breaking: Break some limits in rules which we had limits before

Old brawl minus css images, stock images and icons: I miss those cartoony stuff.

That's all I want to see!

Edit: As in Melee and PM Medium and hard hit sounds do not replace the crouds

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Already working on an All-Star Mode fix. Still figuring out the problem.

I don’t think we can change how big the damage ratio is, but there are crazy people who code on the team.

The KB Handicap IIRC is impossible to port over from melee. If it was, then PM or Smash 2 would’ve done it.

Fast Mode would require going through each character’s files and making adjustments for your Fast Mode, and no one has the time to do something so innocuous when MAX Mode is already gonna be a thing.

We’re mainly trying to stay away from Project M and Melee stuff in general (unless it’s like a joke; Ex. Fox). I’d imagine the hitsounds are a no go.

Electric tippers sound like something for MAX Mode instead of regular Minus. It’s much easier to get tippers in Minus, so the electricity would just get grating.

The heck would dev mode even be? The mod’s already completely open source.

The win animations that got cut from 4.1 are more than likely coming back. New ones, probably not though.

To any new characters ever: NO.
We aren’t taking requests. And even if we were, it definitely wouldn’t be those since we’re eventually going to transition to Smash 4 anyways.

There’s not a lot of limits left to break. But we’ll continue breaking the limits on how many we can break.

Old Brawl Minus CSS can easily be gotten back by downloading the Minus Art build for Wii. Anyone playing on Dolphin will always have the vBrawl art.

Again, that’s probably a NO for the hit sounds.

Overall, that’s a hell of a lot to ask for one update. Serting your bar that high is just gonna make you disappointed later. I’d advise setting it to a reasonable height.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
since we’re eventually going to transition to Smash 4 anyways.
Any word on whether this'll be for Cemu, Wii U, or switch? If you guys manage to bring it to the Switch I'd definitly buy one, but i don't want to get a Wii U.
although id be happy watching smash 4- even if i couldnt play it :)

Fountainboy

I don't really mind all that much... 4.0 to 4.1 satisfies most of the things I want. Also most of the stuff I said is optional. I didn't ask for any new characters like I said on the Beginning its optional. I'm not disappointed. I do ask a lot for 1 update but I only need very few changes ever since 4.1. The main thing I want is PM Stamina but I don't think I need anything else.

Note: When I say dev mode its like melee dev mode that replaces tournaments sections but I didn't ask for that.

There is other thing I found that needs fixing.

4.0 and 4.1 still have this issue but Waluigi doesn't even try to recover

(Edit: Now I get your trying to stay from project m, I was kind of hoping because element, turbo and all star mode came out)

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
Oh yeah, make Ganondorf's running animation literally anything else.

You mean the Melee animation?

I've mentioned this before, but wavebouncing with Quick Draw is pretty cool. Or at least, it should be.

Pros:
  • It gives you more movement options, making you less predictable.
  • You can release Quick Draw at any time (after the startup) and cancel into anything, making it pretty safe.

Cons:
  • If you get the timing wrong, you will wavebounce with Eruption and instantly die.

Please, please let Ike cancel Eruption in midair. I don't care if he can only cancel it into an airdodge or even if there's a laggy animation without any invincibility. Anything is better than dying at 0% just because you pressed B one frame too early.

(In other news, my new computer can record 60fps 1080p in real time! These GIFs are from three consecutive games I played to test OBS.)

Eruption Cancel via airdodge sounds like the best thing ever. Also, I never even knew you could wavebounce with QD. Neat!

AGentleStar: IIRC, the HitBox X Offset fix I suggested fixes sliding Up-Smash pretty well.
It catches foes better and links to the second kick more consistently.
With that tweak, Falcon shouldn't need any change to his initial Dash speed.
Falcon does not want to give up any speed. :)

I've decided I don't like reverse Knee, either. I prefer Knee to always launch forward.
I do like B-Reversible Falcon Kick, though.

AFAIK, mashing B to get Boost Power will no longer be a thing in 4.2 -- it will be "Hold B" instead -- but unfortunately, that awful 4.1 charge animation (and the unnecessary sped-up Up-Taunt at the end) will remain, and the charge will take longer to complete than it did in 4.0BC (which was the perfect length IMO).

BPF all the way.
Removing reverse knee is a bad idea for a huge variety of reasons. I could list them but I don't think I'll make much of an argument that way [it'll just devolve into text walls].

As for the usmash issue, I still just want 64 usmash, but apparently that's too overpowered (???)

Excited for more Pin Clock discussion of suggestions, but I understand there's a lot of them so I'll be patient with it... making sure the decisions are well-thought-out instead of making promises that must be rescinded is definitely the right thing to do.

Hmmm, I'm siding with Bent 00's premise for changing Falcon's U-Smash. Captain Falcon's 64 U-smash is cool and could present a nice retro touch to the game. Considering that there is no animation of him using his elbow for anything, and that the range of his elbow is very short, even if it was stretched (how is it overpowered again?), I don't know if the devs will agree to making that a reality. Plus, his current U-Smash is great for combos if you can place it with the right momentum. If anything, just relocating the offset of the current U-Smash would do fine right now, though that's not my decision to make.

Reverse knee can be annoying at times, but overall I think it's fun to see and shouldn't be taken out. Reverse knee combos are stylish as all hell, and even the move itself is representative of Captain Falcon himself going for extra sauce on top of the regular knee.

B-Reverseable Faclon Kick and Warlock Kick would be a fucking dream.

Thor

Hmmm, I'm siding with Bent 00's premise for changing Falcon's U-Smash. Captain Falcon's 64 U-smash is cool and could present a nice retro touch to the game. Considering that there is no animation of him using his elbow for anything, and that the range of his elbow is very short, even if it was stretched (how is it overpowered again?), I don't know if the devs will agree to making that a reality. Plus, his current U-Smash is great for combos if you can place it with the right momentum. If anything, just relocating the offset of the current U-Smash would do fine right now, though that's not my decision to make.

Reverse knee can be annoying at times, but overall I think it's fun to see and shouldn't be taken out. Reverse knee combos are stylish as all hell, and even the move itself is representative of Captain Falcon himself going for extra sauce on top of the regular knee.

"No animation of him using his elbow for anything"

I must not understand what you mean, because his fsmash is literally a giant lean back and an elbow smash... called Overheat Elbow... care to clarify what you mean?

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
"No animation of him using his elbow for anything"

I must not understand what you mean, because his fsmash is literally a giant lean back and an elbow smash... called Overheat Elbow... care to clarify what you mean?

*Facedesk* How could I forget that when I main the damn guy....

But you're right, that actually could be a good way to use as a base for the Up-Smash. Maybe starting off with a crouch as the charging animation, and then thrusting upwards with the tip of the elbow being a critical? That would be cool. My concern is how well would it combo, and be combo'ed into?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
These are already implemented in 4.1.

BTW, I believe some form of Falcon's 64-style Up-Smash has already been made for Brawl Minus Zeus.
Can't vouch for how good it is or is not, though, since I haven't played Zeus.

Here's an odd idea: What if Falcon did the regular Up-Smash out of Run/Walk/etc., and the 64-style Up-Smash out of Idle and Shield?
If that sounds too weird, perhaps Tapped Up-Smash could be 64-Style, while Held Up-Smash could remain the double kick. Just throwing out ideas.
The regular double-kick Up-Smash is great out of Dash, but 64-style Up-Smash is faster, and may be more useful out of Shield.

If it comes down to either...
A.) Keeping the regular double-kick Up-Smash with that one HitBox's X Offset set to 10, OR
B.) Replacing the regular double-kick Up-Smash with the 64-style one...

I think I would prefer option A, but I'd have to try out the 64-style Up-Smash in Minus to be sure.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Since I haven’t played Smash 64 in forever, can someone provide an example of a Smash 64 Up-Smash?

Not just words because all I can imagine with what you’re saying is just an Up-Angled F-Smash.

Thor

These are already implemented in 4.1.

BTW, I believe some form of Falcon's 64-style Up-Smash has already been made for Brawl Minus Zeus.
Can't vouch for how good it is or is not, though, since I haven't played Zeus.

Here's an odd idea: What if Falcon did the regular Up-Smash out of Run/Walk/etc., and the 64-style Up-Smash out of Idle and Shield?
If that sounds too weird, perhaps Tapped Up-Smash could be 64-Style, while Held Up-Smash could remain the double kick. Just throwing out ideas.
The regular double-kick Up-Smash is great out of Dash, but 64-style Up-Smash is faster, and may be more useful out of Shield.

If it comes down to either...
A.) Keeping the regular double-kick Up-Smash with that one HitBox's X Offset set to 10, OR
B.) Replacing the regular double-kick Up-Smash with the 64-style one...

I think I would prefer option A, but I'd have to try out the 64-style Up-Smash in Minus to be sure.

Holding smashes charges them, so that'd be hard to do... and usmash OoS is a jump-cancelled usmash, so you'd have to be careful mixing smashes... I suspect that will be very difficult to implement.

Zeus has a good usmash animation already if a 64-style one was wanted, but I'm not sure if the devs want one or not [I've brought it up in the past].

Since I haven’t played Smash 64 in forever, can someone provide an example of a Smash 64 Up-Smash?

Not just words because all I can imagine with what you’re saying is just an Up-Angled F-Smash.

It's basically just an extremely fast shoulder bash upward... IIRC in 64 it's like frame 3 or 4, and because it's 64, it combos into almost everything.

If the game has shield mechanics like other smash games it'd be amazing to punish misspaced aerials, but given how shieldstun works in that game, it's rare that it's actually used as an OoS... but it's still a very fast launcher.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Yeah.
Words don’t help.
Now I just kinda see a dash attack, but he doesn’t move.

This video shows it several times, often to start combos. It's the one where Falcon spins in place.

(If the timestamp doesn't work automatically, skip to 1:13 because he uses it twice in the combo on DK.)

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
That video helps immensely.

But yeah, I don’t think the Smash 64 Up-Smash is gonna be in Minus.

I could probably animate it no problem, but overall it seems like that much of a change is somewhat unnecessary.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
In case I haven't Requested it already...

I think Link should be able to still pull Bombs when he has a Deku Nut ready.
Simply make the Deku Nut input "A+B" or "Hold Down-Special" instead of "Next Bomb pull".

Also, a friend of mine thought it may be a good idea to put a modest HitBox on Toad, since it's the worst Counter in the game.

Thor

In case I haven't Requested it already...

I think Link should be able to still pull Bombs when he has a Deku Nut ready.
Simply make the Deku Nut input "A+B" or "Hold Down-Special" instead of "Next Bomb pull".

Also, a friend of mine thought it may be a good idea to put a modest HitBox on Toad, since it's the worst Counter in the game.

Counter-suggestion:

Map bomb pulls to a special input instead of deku nuts, if possible [whether it's A+B (assuming we never make an A+B smash macro like smash 4) or B+R or something else].

We want to make the game user-friendly for newer players, and making deku nuts a special input, when deku nuts are generally superior to bombs, seems like it'd be harder for any of the young/casual Minus fans who don't read up on changelogs extensively for input changes [ex: if you have a young sibling who plays only in parties or something]. (Or even for people who play the game a lot, but don't extensively read changelogs...)

Meanwhile, anyone who consciously wants a bomb, not a deku nut, will probably be aware of how to pull them out instead of bombs when the time calls for bombs, because they'll likely to take note of the change and how to execute it [because in general, deku nuts are stronger than bombs... there are niche situations to pull bombs, as you've pointed out, but it'd unquestionably be a big buff to Link if he just pulled deku nuts all the time].

It is cool how you can teleport by holding A as some of Zelda's attacks connect. It's also cool how you can instantly act after teleporting.

The problem is that you teleport by holding A, and you also attack by pressing A. This makes the whole thing much harder than necessary. Once you teleport, you have to release A as quickly as possible, and then press it again. Sure this doesn't take long, but every frame counts when you just hit your opponent. Zelda's ranged hitboxes have decent knockback, and it doesn't take long for an enemy to get out of her reach.

Oh yeah, and if you release the A button one frame early, you won't teleport at all. You want frame-perfect inputs here: hold A to teleport -> release A -> press A to input an attack. And I for one am not capable of that.

Fortunately, there are some alternatives that don't require such quick finger movement.
  • It's easy to cancel into a special, shield, or dodge. Hold A the whole time, then press B/L/R once you teleport.
  • You can buffer attacks during fair and bair. Tap A to start the move, let go, then input another aerial and hold A until you teleport. You have about 1/3 of a second to do all this, and depending on positioning, you could combo into sweetspot fair or bair.
Anyway, on to my requests:

Request: allow buffering attacks when Zelda teleports out of dash attack or fsmash.
Request: allow Zelda to teleport by holding L or R (or A, as before).

Being able to teleport with the shoulder buttons leaves the A button free. No more risk of missing the teleport (you can hold L or R as long as you need), and you don't have to waste frames letting go of A after teleporting. Just initiate the first attack with A+L, then let go of A and wait until you're ready for the second attack. Much easier than button mashing!

Status
Not open for further replies.