Request Thread for Brawl Minus 4.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
From what I remember from the conversation, the dash dancing that Minus has is different from the one that PM has.

PM/Melee Dash-Dancing also put the player into a one frame standing turnaround animation as opposed to Minus just being an immediate dadh in the other direction.

Because of this, the moonwalking code that's built for PM doesn't work for either Minus or vBrawl.

Right now, as most of the coders haven't really looked into it, we're dropping moonwalking, whether it be for the long haul or just for right now. We see no reason to put a lot of time into it now when there are other pressing changes tht need to be made.

Could Yoshi's flutter jump snap the ledge? Its height makes it really annoying, since you have to time it perfectly to recover properly.

Thor

Could Yoshi's flutter jump snap the ledge? Its height makes it really annoying, since you have to time it perfectly to recover properly.

A better solution would be eggs snapping ledge - don't want players trying to jump past the ledge and accidentally grabbing it, but also, I can see why this would be annoying if you're playing in anything laggy or just new to Yoshi [although as someone who messes around with pathfinder jumps a fair bit, practice makes spacing jumps to ledge a lot easier].

MelonKeepR

A better solution would be eggs snapping ledge - don't want players trying to jump past the ledge and accidentally grabbing it, but also, I can see why this would be annoying if you're playing in anything laggy or just new to Yoshi [although as someone who messes around with pathfinder jumps a fair bit, practice makes spacing jumps to ledge a lot easier].
Couldn't you just jump and hold down if you wanted to go past the ledge?

Can Ike be given constant 1% armour for all physical damage if hes below 100%? The idea behind this is to have Ike take 1 less percentage from anything non-energy-based. I want this because Ike is a tank character in literally every game but the same games.

And yes, this is possible. Have a constant ticker that repeatedly resets Ikes armour (not any super armour) to 1%, and it is possible to distinguish whats a energy attack because GnW's bucket can tell projectiles apart. The only part I dont know if its possible is the "below 100%" thing.

Thor

Couldn't you just jump and hold down if you wanted to go past the ledge?

This seems needlessly technical if you want to immediately rising DJ nair past ledge.

Furthermore, Yoshi being the only character with a snapping double jump is extremely bizarre for a variety of reasons [I have no idea how they'd code it, and it's not something afforded to Ness, Lucas, or any other "awkward"/pathfinder double jump].

A snapping double jump is frankly nonsense - it's not in any other smash game, and doing it only for Yoshi is both unintuitive and without any canonical reason - but eggs snapping ledge would make sense, as up-specials that grab the ledge are extremely common.

Egg throw snapping the ledge (I'm pretty sure that's what you mean by eggs) would work too, double jump snapping was just the first thing that came to mind.

Edit: So yeah this is my request, not the other one.

Last edited:
Can we make it so Link can switch between his current Dash Attack and his Sm4sh Dash Attack, or just replace it entirely?

Monkeymorgan

And there is a way i can think of to chose one of the slow laser or fast laser that would be having 2 select able falco's Slow falco and fast falco it also would not be unfair because the other person would know wich one

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
And there is a way i can think of to chose one of the slow laser or fast laser that would be having 2 select able falco's Slow falco and fast falco it also would not be unfair because the other person would know wich one
Forgive me if I'm misinterpreting your post, but you're suggesting that we have two different Falcos as playable characters, with the only difference being the laser speed, right?
Personally, I think that's an unnecessary solution to something that's not much of an issue in the first place.

Personally, I think that's an unnecessary solution to something that's not much of an issue in the first place.

It isn't TOO much of an issue, but I think there should be some way to make it easier for Falco mains to switch laser types more easily. Maybe determine which one you fire depending on how long you hold the button down for, similar to Samus' missiles? Just a thought, one of my friends plays Falco and he finds it really hard to change them unless it's right after he takes a stock.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
It isn't TOO much of an issue, but I think there should be some way to make it easier for Falco mains to switch laser types more easily. Maybe determine which one you fire depending on how long you hold the button down for, similar to Samus' missiles? Just a thought, one of my friends plays Falco and he finds it really hard to change them unless it's right after he takes a stock.
Doing it that way for Falco's lasers would make it infinitely harder to do double lasers of either one or the other laser.
If slow was on hold, then SH Double Slow Lasers would be unnecessarily difficult for everyone that used it before.
If fast was on hold, the same deal.
The switching method appeases everyone.
We've already confirmed that it's impossible to load in Falco withone or the other laser from the beginning of the match, so until a legitimately better solution comes up, changing Falco's method of Laser switching is completely off the table.

Remove Donkey Kong's helpless landing animation. It's so stupid how Spinning Kong conserves DK's momentum until he's helpless, making it impossible to autocancel and essentially forcing him to land on the ledge when he recovers or he's dead.

Fix Waluigi's AI, and maybe increase his run/air speed a little more.

Buff Bowser and Ganondorf in some way, those two seem to be the only ones the community sees as truly lacking.

I feel like I have more, but considering how amazing this mod is and how most of the remainder of my needs can be solved with Project Smash Attacks, I can't think of any for now. (Although Roy/ZSS/Kirby don't seem to work for me in there)

You're not dumb, that's just one of Brawl-'s many undocumented features. As you watch others play, you'll pick up on more tricks like that. Also, watch my two videos with captions on. I go over a LOT of secrets.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
We've already confirmed that it's impossible to load in Falco withone or the other laser from the beginning of the match, so until a legitimately better solution comes up, changing Falco's method of Laser switching is completely off the table.
Where was that confirmed? If Project Ganondorf can have 'Dorf start the match in Sword Mode if you hold down a certain button, one would think it would be possible to do the same for Falco...

I'd prefer we just remove slow lasers, since they're nonsensical and no one else can have a taunt switch.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
This is sadly impossible, and if it were possible there'd be no way to do it without desynching Wifi, so this one will go in REJECTED
Pin in a much earlier post said that this sort of thing is impossible and doing so would desync Wifi.
Where was that confirmed? If Project Ganondorf can have 'Dorf start the match in Sword Mode if you hold down a certain button, one would think it would be possible to do the same for Falco.
Falco's lasers are different from Project Ganon as that's an entirely separate PSA and MotionEtc files. It's basically like it's own little L-Load or whatever.
Falco's laser is something that switches within the PSA itself (or maybe some other file, not entirely sure) and would be a lot more difficult to implement (I would think).
If you can find a way to do it and it doesn't desync Wifi, I'd be glad to test it with you.

P.S. You ain't slick. I saw that gray text.

:ike:Make Aerial Quick Draw hitbox optional - The issue isn't really the hit but that Ike loses his momentum when he gets the hit. We're going to get rid of the momentum loss instead.

Actually, here's a thought: what if using fair/nair after Quick Draw's attack caused you to lose momentum? Then there's still an option to stop, but by default you fly past. This would also give Ike a powerful mindgame: will he use fair and land in front of me, or will he use bair and land behind?

I suggest this because, as I pointed out earlier, aerial Quick Draw -> nair -> jab x3 is a decent pressure tool, and I'd hate for him to lose it.

Edit: never mind. I've been discovering some other cool stuff Ike can do, and I've come to the conclusion that he doesn't need this. In fact, if they don't shield, then keeping his momentum is a good thing: it makes nair more likely to connect as they go flying off.

Last edited:

Monkeymorgan

Can you make it where Kirby gets rest for absorbing Jigglypuff and make it where he can Kirby cide but they can not jump out of it is this possible pls an thank

Status
Not open for further replies.