Request Thread for Brawl Minus 4.2!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Hey kid, got ideas? Okay, but how about ideas for BRAWL MINUS? I'm sure you do, and I'm sure you'd love to share 'em, so request away!

Here are some guidelines.
1. We will not be taking any character or costume requests. You can feel free to suggest them, but expect to be ignored.
2. Please don't post joke requests or memes. There are a million other threads you can do that in.
3. Please provide an explanation for your request when proposing it.
4. While we will respond to most requests, we will not respond to all of them. If this happens to you, please do not constantly post it.
5. If there is a bug in the game you'd like to see fixed, please post those in the Bug Reports Thread instead. This thread is for new features, not current ones.

And with that out of the way, let the games begin!

Last edited:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Curret Request Progress! Under Consideration and Pending are lifted from Bent00's 4.0BC Request Thread.

LAST UPDATED: December 18th

APPROVED

General
---
Fully playable WarioMan and Giga Bowser
---
Please fix Tilt Stick Buffering, as of now Buffering any Tilt Stick input while doing another action causes a Jump. [Petro]
Pin Clock: "This is fixable and we'll fix it."
---
Stages should be strikable via the Stage Select Screen, like they are in Project M. [sealedinterface]
Pin Clock: "I've seen nothing but support from the BackRoom for this, so I'm assuming the answer here is 'Yes'."
---
Please make Manual Buffer an option. Some players would prefer having less than 10 frames of Buffer. [Dusk]
Bent 00: The only way to implement Manual Buffer is to replace the Handicap setting with a Buffer Scale, and I think Stock Control would be a better replacement for that. If the universal Minus Buffer setting is ever changed from 10 frames, it should never be set below 6 frames."
Pin Clock: "We will do this. Fox Will not have one, and his Buffer will be 0 like in Melee."
Bent 00: "Why force Fox's Buffer to 0 if we can set it manually? It's worth inconveniencing 0 Buffer fans, to allow others to use different settings."
Farkus: "I think Fox should still have the option to use Manual Buffer if he wants, since there are some advantages."
---
Please remove the "Spin Control Stick to Glide" input. [player_03]
Sometimes when I change my mind about what Aerial to do, I start Gliding instead of doing any Aerial at all. If spinning the Control Stick started a Glide at any time (not just after a midair Jump), I'd approve. But if you have to midair Jump anyway, you may as well just hold the Jump button.
---
Make Attack stick (C-Stick to attack) function as it does in Smash 4

Fighter

:bowser:Bowser:
---
Readd the old Stage Get Up option as a special button press on the edge
---

:falcon:Captain Falcon:
---
Please make reverse Falcon Dive grant the same amount of horizontal momentum as the non-reversed version does. Falcon's recovery is awful. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "We can make it match the normal variant."
---

:ganon:Ganondorf
---
Make Gandouken's hitbox bigger, fix its glitches [[Bent00]]
---
:ike:Ike:
--
Quick Draw cancellable into specials on the ground: This was taken out without mention in a changelog, but now we will put it back. Quick Draw however will not be able to cancel into Quick Draw on the ground, so some dedication to the move is required.
---
Quick Draw to no longer lose momentum on hit: The request was to make the hitbox optional, but there was no way to determine a tap hold system and this idea makes a lot more sense anyways.

---
:kirby:Kirby:
---
Buff Final Smash
---
Gain a hitbox on the "I ate an explosion" animation
---
Copy Abilities will be buffed and modified more
---
:ddd:King Dedede:
---
Gain a hitbox on the "I ate an explosion" animation
---

:jigglypuff:Jiggs:
---
Secret Power: Let this move hit in the direction you taunted in [[Bent00]]
---
Low/No Charge Roll Out will now do something
---
:lucas::chimeralucas:Lucas:
---
Slow down PK Freeze Projectile
---
Give Lucas PK Thunder back when it collides with something that is not Lucas
---
:luigi::princessluigi:Luigi:
---
Goomba Stomp Sound on Footstool
---

:mario:Mario:
---
Mario should be able to hold his Down-Taunt to just "fly" for a while. This would be useless but hilarious. [Green Hell Zone]
Pin Clock: "Sounds awesome, let's do it."

---
Goomba Stop sound on Footstool
---
Walljump Cancel on the second Super Jump Punch
:pikachu:Pikachu:
---
Fully charged Skull Bash will ignore shields
---
Tap/Hold variants for bAir (Hold to Pikacopter once per airtime)
---
:rob: R.O.B.:
---
Fix R.O.B. not being able to pick up Gyro sometimes
---
:samus: Samus:
---
Metroid will be able to Crawl
---
:snake::mgssnake:Snake:
---
First and Second hits of nAir's properties should match those of the third hit
---
dTilt should behave as it did in 2.x.6
---
Slightly increase start-up of fAir, slightly decrease endlag of bAir
---
Walking Box taunts
---
GOOD! PM 2.5 Taunt
---

:wario:Wario:
---
Please make it take longer to charge up a Rolling Crate, so there's a bigger time window to use the penultimate stage of Waft. As-is, it can only be used between 30-40 seconds of a fresh charge. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "We'll increase it, and give more time to the potent fart."
---
Since Wario is going all-out with the flatulence in Minus, I think his Footstool should feature a fart. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "Seems silly enough."
---

Stages

---
Final Frustration will be more chaotic
---
A training room stage will be added
---

Misc.

---
The official download for Brawl Minus should be able to be unzipped with WinRAR or any other unzipper the player desires. Limiting the unzipping to 7-Zip (and worse, not making it clear that 7-Zip must be used) does nothing but needlessly prevent potential players from ever getting into the game. [Sly]
Longbottom: "When a game's playerbase is this small, accessibility should come before everything else."
Pin Clock: "This is coming soon."

UNDER CONSIDERATION

General
---
When multiple characters are airborne and one of them is launched, they can collide with each other. This can elongate doubles matches, and it isn't fun to launch someone only for him to be saved by hitting his teammate. I do like having teammates try to hit each other to help them recover, but character collisions aren't really fair, since they don't take damage from it. Plus they're pretty unpredictable. [AGentleStar]
Bent 00: "You're not the first to want this fixed in Minus. I wonder if the 'Body Collisions Only Apply When Thrown v1.1' code by Shanus would help?"
Pin Clock: "It would make Free for Alls and Team Battles go faster, so we'll look into it."
---
Change the existing random name tags to Minus references, like the names of notable contributors. [Young Boy Bread]
Pin Clock: "We want to do this, but the Name Tags are much more complex than any other text. We need to research more."
---
Fix Tether glitches
---
Let everyone crawl/Crawldash
---

Fighter

---
Bowser's Up Smash doesn't work well at all against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. Maybe this Attack needs a Buff? [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will wait until before we adjust our Pichu before we do anything here."
---

:charizard:Charizard:

---
Give Charizard the ability to change the direction of his projectiles in his Final Smash. [Darxmarx]
Pin Clock: "We will research this as much as we can."

:diddy:Diddy Kong:

---
Diddy's Up Smash doesn't work well at all against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. Maybe this Attack needs a Buff? [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will wait until before we adjust our Pichu before we do anything here."
---

:falco:Falco:

---
Make Shortening simpler (similar to slow Fox Illusion) and easier to do consistently online, perhaps by moving the input to Shield or Grab. This would allow Falco players to actually use an underrated part of Falco's kit. [Ludacario]
Pin Clock: "We can probably make it like Fox's."
---

:ganon:Ganondorf:

---
Improve the hitbox on Ganondorf's Back-Air; I can't hit small crouching enemies with it. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We'll consider the possibility."
---

:ike::grielike:Ike:

---
Improve the hitbox on Ike's Back-Air. I can't hit small crouching enemies with this. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We'll consider the possibility."
---

:ivysaur:Ivysaur:

---
If Ivysaur is hanging from a ledge with a vertical wall below it (like the ones on WarioWare, Inc. and Hyrule Castle), and you press the Control Stick away from the ledge, Ivysaur will immediately Wall Jump. This turns Ivysaur around, preventing you from using options like Forward-Air or Giga Drain. You can press the Control Stick down, but then you risk Fast-Falling. Is there a solution for this? [player_03]
Pin Clock: "We're thinking about this, but aren't 100% sure of a fix?"

---
:kirby:Kirby
---
Allow him to get rid of copy abilities in the air: We just need to figure out an input for this

:lucario:Lucario:

---
Canceled ExtremeSpeed will always leave Lucario facing right, regardless of the direction it was facing previously. Please make Lucario keep the direction it was facing previously. [Kymaera K1ng]
Sammi Husky: "Huh? I never noticed if this was a thing. If it is, I'll look into it."
---

:roy::awakeningroy:Roy:

---
I'm no Roy main, but I get the feeling that the Double-Edge Dance sword swings triggered by pressing Up should have bigger hitboxes. They doen't work well against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will adjust this in accordance to how we adjust our Pichu."
---

Stage

Misc.

NONE

PENDING

General:
---
PM Stamina Mode
---
Make Group Records not crash the game
---

Fighter

---
New Bowser losing on the Results screen animation? [EpicNonBread]
giphy.gif
---
:fox:Fox:
---
Fox should not fall while charging his UpB.
---

----
Lasers should do no damage but still induce hitstun (if that is possible)
---

:falcon:Captain Falcon:

---
Change uSmash's lowest hitbox to X Offset to 10

---
---

:iceclimbers::nana:Ice Climbers:
---
Give Popo, and only Popo, a Jump-Cancel Grab. [MelonKeepR]
The I.C.s, as they are now, have a few options to Grab with. These include (but are not limited to):
Dash Grab / Standing Grab
Pivot Grab
Down-B Grab
Side-B Grab
...and they have a few Throw followups. These include (but are not limited to):
Smash Attacks
Re-Grabs
Aerials
Down-B
Now, these follow-ups are generally not too strong. The majority end up being almost trivial in the end.
If Popo is given a Jump-Cancel Grab, it would not only give the I.C.s more Grab options, such as:
Running Grab
Down-Tilt Grab
Side-B Grab (Again)
Up-Tilt Grab
It would also give them a powerful follow-up in a fast, true, Up-Throw Up-Air combo (Also connects with Up-Tilt at low percents, you cannot re-grab from this, however):
Up-Throw Up-Air
Up-Throw Up-Air Up-Tilt
Do note that Up-Throw > Up-Air > Up-Tilt is a difficult combo, and is far less consistent than, say, Up-Throw > Up-Tilt > Down-Air, however, for the really daring, it is theoretically possible to do Up-Throw > Up-Air > Up-Tilt > Up-B / Up-Smash, but it's unreasonable to attempt that.

As the I.C.s are now, at low and high percentages, their Grabs can be fruitful, and they have a variety of ways to Grab foes, but at mid percentages, they feel quite lacking in this. Giving Popo a Jump-Cancel Grab allows for the I.C.s to get better combos from Up-Throw, and more Grab opportunities.

This Buff may seem unnecessary, but I thought it was simple enough (yet still very impactful) to where there'd be no harm in recommending it. Since the icicles are being "Nerfed" (though really, it's just a fix), it'd be nice to see them trade off with something along these lines.
---

:ike::grielike: Ike:
---
Allow Ike to store the charge progress of Aether (think how Samus and DK can) as Ike currently has to start from zero if he cancels his charge
---

:jigglypuff:Jigglypuff:
---
---

---
---

:link::skywardlink:Link:
---
Make Link still able to pull bombs when he has a Deku Nut ready
---

:lucario:Lucario:
---
---

---
---

:luigi:Luigi:
---
Make his final smash even more of a Jojo reference with sfx/animations?
---

:mario:Mario:
---
---

:gnw:Mr. Game & Watch:
---
Either make Parachute come out faster or scrap Fish for Parachute. Its long start-up and Melee properties simply aren't as good in a Minus environment (nAir)
---
dTilt windbox from Sm4sh
---

:olimar:Olimar:
---
---

:ness::pjness:Ness:
---
Have dTaunt hitboxes last until the sparks actually go away
---
Allow the SLAPYO Glitch to be activated on-command via either taunt or button during uSmash, for fun
---

:pikachu:Pikachu:
---
Can uAir be identical to Melee's?
---

:rob:R.O.B.:
---
---

:snake:Snake:
---
MGS1 Snake Revamp in Minus 4.2
---
Snake should not be able to walljump out of Cypher
---

:squirtle:Squirtle:
---
fSmash should go off platforms (hitbox/animations last as long as they normally do)
---

:samus: Samus:
---
Speed up her grabs
---

:toonlink:Toon Link:
---
Bombs should function as they do in Sm4sh, not damaging TL if both he and his foe get hit by a blast
---

:waluigi::bikerwaluigi:Waluigi:
---
Increase his run/air speed a little more
---

:yoshi: Yoshi:
---
Make Egg Lay harder to break out of
---
Make Flutter Jump snap to the ledge
---

:zelda::youngzelda:Zelda:
---
Change/Make an alternate input for her teleports, since it is harder to do with the teleport button also being the attack button
---

Stages

---

PM-Style stage Lighting
---
Make Green Hill something not awful
---
Please use the competitive Shadow Moses posted in this thread
---

Misc.

NONE

REJECTED

General

---
Discuss the stagelist before release!
REASONING: It will only be discussed with our playtesters, but it will be discussed!
---
Change Results Screen to more "Minusey things" IE Taunts used, Meteor Cancels
REASONING: Altering any of them may make some Challenges (IE the one that rewards you the Tails trophy) impossible to complete. In addition, we don't know all the information the game actually keeps track of.
---
Moonwalking
REASONING: When put into the game, it broke dash dancing, and the only character who got anything out of it was Sonic, so we don't see a reason to make it work.
---

Fighter
---

Low % Armor against projectiles to help him approach
REASONING: Armor cannot distinguish what's a projectile and what's a direct attack, so giving him this armor would be disgusting, to say the least.
---
ULTRATAUNT that makes him into Giga Bowser
REASONING: This move would either be disgustingly overpowered with our not-balanced-for-comp Giga Bowser, or would make him a giant 999% hitbox asking for the sweet release of death. Etiher or, it isn't something that would help Bowser or be remotely fair.
---
Move Royal Rampage to SideB, put Fire Breath on B.
REASONING: Both grab moves are very good, while Fire Breath was always situational at best.

---
Falco should choose between fast and slow lasers before the start of a match
REASONING: This is impossible to code, and if it were there would be no way to do it without desynching Wifi.
---
---
PM fTilt
REASONING: Animations and the Minus Sparta Kick always sends foes at the optimal angles.
---
Cape from PM
REASONING: Perfect Shields reflect and Warlock Punch will always be B.
---
Nerf throws
REASONING: They're fine. Ganon has to work for his non-command grabs.
---
Tap/Hold uTilt for varying powers
REASONING: Ganon has more ways to start combos in 4.1, and we don't want to add more Tap/Holds into the game
---
Revert WizFoot to pre-nerf power
REASONING: Wizard's Foot is already a powerful option right now
---
:iceclimbers::nana: Ice Climbers:
---
Let them combo throws without there being infinites (No freeze throws from Nana)
REASONING: This is sadly impossible, as so long as Popo is able to grab from Nana throws, IC infinites will exist.
---
:ike::grielike:Ike:
---
Buff windboxes
REASONING: You don't want this windboxes are jank as hell
---
:jigglypuff:Jiggs:
---
Change her Final Smash it sucks
REASONING: Jigg's final smash is fine, and there are no better ideas on what to make it into, on top of having tons of other content on our plate, so we are leaving this move as is.
---
Make Sing uncounterable
REASONING: This is impossible by the game's coding, since sleep hitboxes are still hitboxes.
---
---
64 uTilt hitboxes
REASONING: In Minus his uTilt is already a quick and powerful tool, giving it the N64 disjoint would just put it over the edge.
---
:lucario: Lucario:
---
Remove Double Extreme Speed or penalize him for it
REASONING: Double Extreme Speed is a huge part of how Lucario plays, so we will not take it out or punish him.
---

---
PK Thunder spawning away from walls above it
REASONING: Walls are impossible for the move to detect unless it is touching it, where it tells itself to delete itself. In addition, any altering to how the movement of the PK Projectile works would throw off PK Kid Players and send them to their doom.
---
Make Lucas' PSI Magnet Hitbox come out when he jump cancels, like Ness
REASONING: Lucas' PSI Magnet is not like Ness', it is a kill and should be treated differently
---
Make Lucas' Multishines good!
REASONING: See above
---
Give Lucas PSI Magnet similar frame data to Ness'
REASONING: See above
---
:gnw:Mr. Game and Watch
---
Remove Sliding Dash Attack Cancel or make it easier to do
REASONING: This is fairly strong, so it should stay there and as execution heavy as it is.
---
Shield Cancel UpB
REASONING: The reasons we got for it were simply confusing and we still don't know what this would do for Game and Watch
---
:ness::pjness:Ness:
---
PK Thunder spawning away from walls above it
REASONING: Walls are impossible for the move to detect unless it is touching it, where it tells itself to delete itself. In addition, any altering to how the movement of the PK Projectile works would throw off PK Kid Players and send them to their doom.
---
:snake::mgssnake: Snake:
---
Have Snake pause in the air when he hits with nAir
REASONING: It wasn't good o Ganon, it wouldn't be good on Snake either
---
More control over C4 Detonation (don't go off until Snake lets go of B)
REASONING: The foe needs a fair indicator of when you set it off too. This is a fighting game, not a stealth game.
---
Snake should jump cancel his dash attack
REASONING: That just sounds like a buff for buff's sake with no rhyme or reason behind it.
---

Stages
---
Norfair 3.3 Please
REASONING: If we are bringing Norfair back, it will be the original, not just for the event match, but because we want to have more zany stages in the game.
---
NONE

Misc.

NONE

Last edited:

Gingar

Ness/Lucas' PK Thunder should spawn away from the wall with their "second try" ability. Often times it just gets nullified by the wall and I fall to my doom.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Just couldn't wait for me to make the new Community Request thread for 4.1, huh?

I still plan on getting this all back up-to-date -- there are several pages of Requests I don't have sorted into the list yet.

This thread will do for now, but I'll be starting a new one once I have everything sorted.

Pin Clock: Will 4.2 be the final update? The final "major" update? Or just a "fixed" version of 4.1? Estimated release date?

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
One more because Why Not.

On today's episode I'm gonna address some of the posts Under Consideration and Pending

Please make permanent Giga Bowser and permanent Wario Man selectable fighters via the Character Select Screen. [someone from the Special Fall tournament chat
We are planning to do this. Just gotta make them beatable and not seem inferior to their regular Minus counterparts in any shape or form.
APPROVED!
Falco should also be able to choose between fast or slow lasers right at the start of the match, instead of always starting with fast lasers by default, and having to taunt mid-game to switch laser speeds. [Joeybeta]
This is sadly impossible, and if it were possible there'd be no way to do it without desynching Wifi, so this one will go in REJECTED
Change Jigglypuff's Final Smash, it sucks. [Xaxidoro]
No thought has actually gone into it, and we have a lot of other important decisions on our plate, so this will go to

REJECTED. Also I think her Final Smash is fine anyways.
Samus should be able to Crawl. [ALLCAPS]
There's honestly no harm in this.
APPROVED!
I want the Norfair stage from Minus 3.3 back. It was basically Norfair from Brawl with the three lower platforms widened, the top two removed, and no hazards. I don't care if it's re-textured so that it doesn't look like Norfair, I just really really like that stage's layout. [Thor]
If Norfair is being readded, it will most likely be the original simply because we want to add zany stages back to the game. This request will go to
REJECTED.
Give them a way to true combo when Nana gets a Grab. Freezing ain't cutting it. [Kymaera K1ng]
It's pretty unlikely we will come up with a way for Nana to have non-frozen throws without it leading to a Popo regrab. Unless miracles happen this will go to
REJECTED.
Ganondorf's "Energy Ball" Gandouken hitbox is too small. It has a much harder time "catching" opponents now, and foes with low damage can slip out of it easily (towards 'Dorf). I Request that you increase the hitbox size to around 1.5x its 4.0BC size, or halfway between its 3.Q size and its 4.0BC size. Check these pictures. [Bent 00]
We had Gandouken changes in 4.1, but they must have been lost when the Elliot Nation Attacked. They will be back for 4.2.
APPROVED!
Give Charizard the ability to change the direction of his projectiles in his Final Smash. [Darxmarx]
We really want to do this so the move doesn't suck, so for that reason this is going in
APPROVED!
Let's discuss the next version's Stages pre-release, so we can decide which should be legal, and set those as the default selections on bootup.
It will be discussed, but only with the playtesters. Therefore, this request is
REJECTED.
Can you make Bowser unable to be flinched by projectiles at lower percentages? Besides short-hop Neutral-Air and Neutral-Special, he lacks options to get in on fast characters with projectile spam. [lakumy]
Due to the earlier conversation about the fact that armor can't distinguish what's a projectile and what's a direct attack, this request will be REJECTED.
Add Super Armor to Up Taunt, and make it turn Bowser into Giga Bowser if certain conditions are met.
ULTRATAUNT, which you compared this move to, is balanced by the fact that it puts Lucario at 999%. Even if this put Bowser at 999%, it would still be extremely powerful since our Giga Bowser wouldn't exactly be balanced....or it'd be useless because there'd be this big fat target at 999% damage who has slow moves and is asking for a swift death. It'd be hard to make this fun, so this will be
REJECTED.
Make Jigglypuff's Side Taunt attack work in both directions. [Bent 00]
Absolutely. As it is only working from one side no matter how you press it is dang confusing.
APPROVED.
Give Snake more control over when placed C4 explodes, by making it not detonate until Special is released after being primed. [Thor]
I'm still confused by this request, given detonation happens immediately after triggering it anyways. What did you want changed and what would it do for Snake? Staying in
PENDING until I can get more details.
Ness/Lucas' PK Thunder should spawn away from the wall with their "second try" ability. Often times it just gets nullified by the wall and I fall to my doom.
I don't believe PK Thunder can actually tell where a wall is unless it hits one, where it is told to despawn. In addition anything we did would throw off PK Kid players leading them to fall to their doom anyways. Due to the impossibility of this request, it will have to go in REJECTED. [/QUOTE]
Just couldn't wait for me to make the new Community Request thread for 4.1, huh?

I still plan on getting this all back up-to-date -- there are several pages of Requests I don't have sorted into the list yet.

This thread will do for now, but I'll be starting a new one once I have everything sorted.

Pin Clock: Will 4.2 be the final update? The final "major" update? Or just a "fixed" version of 4.1? Estimated release date?
To be fair, it has been 3 weeks. Also for now? This is going to be the thread. I don't see the purpose of having two threads. In addition, since I can edit my posts and update whenever I respond, this makes the process a lot faster. 4.2 is both a fixed version of 4.1 and adding some things we want to add. We don't have a date yet.

Do we just comment a request?
Yes.

[/quote]

In the "Under Consideration" section:

Samus should be able to Crawl. [ALLCAPS]
Pin Clock: "We'll look into it."

In the "Approved" section:

Metroid will be able to Crawl

Hmm.

I don't believe PK Thunder can actually tell where a wall is unless it hits one, where it is told to despawn.

What if it spawned in the direction that the player held the control stick? Players are fully capable of detecting walls. As for throwing players off, maybe this change should only apply to the second-chance PK Thunder.

Alternate solution: wait a little longer to spawn the second PK Thunder. That gives Ness/Lucas a chance to fall away from the wall.

Brosiyeah

Talentless
I'd like to see Project M style stage lighting. I mean the non-vanilla brawl stages, such as Dream Land, Hyrule Castle, Metal Cavern, Saffron City, Wario Land, and Bowser's castle. I realize that the textures may also provide the effect, but the lighting is still a big part of it.
800px-WarioLandPM.png
800px-Bowser_Castle_PM.png

Why?
The lighting on those stages makes the skins on the characters appear higher definition, at least from my perspective, and have a special atmosphere that the vBrawl styled stages lack. Since 4.1 made menus look nicer, I think 4.2 should do the same for stages.
(Did I do this correctly? The only other post I've made was asking where to get the Minimal Launcher)

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Pin Clock said:
Also for now? This is going to be the thread. I don't see the purpose of having two threads.
The idea is to archive or delete this thread once I post a better, more up-to-date one.

Keeping this thread properly maintained is more work than you think. It can take hours at a time to update.

Don't you have more important things to do, being Project Lead? If not, feel free to give it a try, but it's hard to do alone.

If I had made the topic and the first and second posts, we could both edit the list to keep everything updated.

The way you have it now, only you and other mods can edit it, and I get the feeling the other Devs are too busy.

Allow me to start the next Request thread (for the version after 4.2) once 4.2 launches, at least. Unless you don't want any help?

Last edited:

MelonKeepR

Make Ness' down taunt last until the little spark actually disappears. The way it is now is kind of misleading.

EDIT: Oh, and if it'd be possible, I think it would be pretty cool if the "SLAPAYO" glitch could be activated on command, either via a taunt or by pressing a button during up-smash. Just for fun.

Last edited:
First off, G&W's Nair has some pretty odd graphical issues, all of them involving his parachute.(Ex: Fish ending with the graphic of parachute, and more)

Despite that, a change I feel should be made is G&W's Nair in general. Fish is useful for combos, and does generally better damage(including the combos after) than parachute ever does. His parachute feels like it has the exact same damage and knockback as it did in melee, but because Brawl's stages have bigger blastboxes in general, parachute doesnt work as well. Plus because of the [hold] part of parachute it causes parachute to come out at a later time, making G&W punishable before the move even starts. (Ex: Ive had a Ganon Dair me AFTER I started parachute, because of the starting lag)

Id say just choose which Nair G&W should have and remove the other. I personally want parachute because it feels like a fresh move, and pretty much 80% of G&W's moves are combo moves as it is. Just tone down the starting lag or make the knockback greater. Or just keep Fish as it is.

Mimsy

Netplayer
Playtester
Fox falls when charging his up b. Can someone please make it so that he charges in a fixed position, i will love you forever.
1) Yes, it actually matters. I die all the time to this in areas near the bottom blastzone i could make it back from. Ask Luda if you don't believe me...
2) Some people have told me that spacies are supposed to fall when charging. My reply is that falco doesn't fall in his animation. So if they're supposed to fall make em all fall, but if not make them all fixed pls and thank you.

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
For Squirtle, can you make it so he f-smashes at an edge, he goes off the ledge with a hitbox as long as the animation would normally last.

Shren

Could that MGS1 Snake Revamp shown in January make it to 4.2? Because it was really weird that 4.1, which was released in July, didn't have it.

KLGB76

Mario Maker Fan
Hey! I would like to see the Project M Stamina Mode in Brawl Minus please! Could this be possible?

Thor

RIP Norfair 3.3 [yes this a serious post but I needed to get that out of the way]

Snake accidentally waljumping out of cypher seems like a critical annoyance for a lot of Snake mains [I myself don't play him but have died to it when messing around and I'll admit I could see it being very frustrated].

Two suggestions to remedy this:

EITHER
- Somehow adjust his walljump stats so that he goes significantly higher and less outward when walljumping. This would allow him to either
A) maybe chain walljumps, which wouldn't even be super broken because if he stops doing it he'd probably die, he needs a wall for it, and would need to do aerials or b-reverses between each walljump to stop his momentum outward... and it doesn't have any armor, unlike Cypher
or, if the walljump are stats are tweaked carefully, he'd still have
B) at least do a walljump aerial back onstage [or walljump b-reverse] so that accidental walljumps have a larger window to not die while doing them [assuming current ones can be salvaged and aren't an automatic SD].

OR

- Somehow disable Snake from doing walljumps during and after Cypher, until being hit, grabbing ledge, or touching down. I'll admit this state probably isn't perfect, but except for some very corner cases that aren't present on legal stage [ex: Saffron City], Snake has no reason to ever walljump after doing Cypher... not only does the move cover plenty of distance, but his walljump just leads to him losing his own stock post-Cypher anyway. Simply disabling his walljump until he's back to ledge/stage [or has been hit] would be more than enough to help players avoid those unfortunate SDs.

I understand if these things aren't technically possible [that is, that they'd be impossible to code], but I really think doing either of these would go a long way to helping Snake players not SD because they accidentally meteor cancelled near a wall and pressed away from the stage, or other silly things like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.