Bug Report Thread for 4.1

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Kirby's burning Dash Attack HitBox lasts a bit longer than it should.
If something functions as intended, it's not a bug. If you don't like the intended function, that's a balance issue.

Event match 4 requires you to destroy all of the breakable terrain in Skyworld, but destroying the one breakable platform isn't enough. Presumably, the game is waiting for you to destroy five pieces, which there aren't anymore.

Same with event 6: it's waiting for the stage to scroll a certain distance, but the new stage doesn't scroll.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
If something functions as intended, it's not a bug. If you don't like the intended function, that's a balance issue.
Let me rephrase: The HitBox of the burning tackle lasts longer than the animation does.

After the fire GFX have subsided, and Kirby has come to a full stop into a standing animation, the burning tackle HitBox is still active for a few frames. Sounds more like a bug than "functioning as intended" to me.

Kirby's Reverse Warlock Punch HitBoxes are still too far behind him, as well.

Last edited:

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Credits to Atla on the Discord:

If you play doubles with double falcon vs anyone and the falcons charge neutral b, the game lags on console.

It's worse if the people the falcons are facing use a ton of particle effects.

I think its due to the outlines on characters in teams.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Sonic's Up-B is already a problem.
It also doesn't refresh if he touches the ground while in Spindash.
If he uses Up-B on stage and revs up Down-B mid-air, coming out of the move will put him in his special fall.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
This isn't s bug, more like a Quality issue -- but Skyward Sword Link's face and jawline could use some work.

2sQiB3r.png
Skyward Sword Link is looking a bit fat in the face and neck.

I'd post this in the Quality Control thread if there was one, but there isn't, so...

On a different note, what bugs does Snake have in 4.1?

There's Cypher not refreshing when Snake gets hit by something (like a foe's attack or his own C4).

How long has that been a problem? Started in 4.1, didn't it?

Did someone say something about his Grenades' throw trajectory/momentum reverting to vBrawl speed in 4.1?

Wondering how to fix these Snake bugs...
If they're not hard to correct, I'd like to go ahead and fix them, rather than wait for them to be addressed in 4.2.

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Snake's grenades are fixed in 4.2. The recovery issues started popping up in 4.1.
What exactly is wrong with Snake's Grenades in Brawl Minus 4.1?
How did you fix them?
Would you go ahead and share the fix, so those of us who play Custom Minus don't have to wait until 4.2 to fix this problem?

Reminder to only post bugs in this thread.
Where's the most appropriate place to post Quality issues? There is no Quality Control thread.

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Snake's Grenades pop-up instead of launching horizontally.
If I remember correctly, someone posted about it earlier in the thread.

EDIT: No one did, but it has been a source of grief on the Discord.

On console (or maybe on everything, idk), Spear Pillar crashes the game a lot. I think it has something to do with the pokemon on that stage not being able to act as they were originally intended, but whenever I go there the game ends up not working and I have to restart the Wii.

Also, a lot of the time, while playing elemental mode my character will disappear and become just graphical barf on the screen. I can still input controls, something on the screen moves and the sound effect plays but nothing happens. I really can't explain it too well but people probably know what I'm talking about.
actually dont fix that last one, its really funny