Minus 4.1 on Dolphin For Android

Jade_Rock

I was wondering if there is a way to patch an is to have minus 4.1? I know a virtual sd is possible, but I'm not even sure if that works with Ex files. I did not see a virtual sd card option on Dolphin for Android.

Jade_Rock

Got it to work! It is similar to how you would do it on a PC, but due to having less settings it has a few extra steps.

1. Make a virtual sd card(1gb was enough) sd.raw. I used winimage I believe.
2. Put it in the dolphin-emu/Wii folder
3 Put the boot.elf for a launcher like minima or gecko in the same folder.
4. Here is where it gets different since I could not find insert SD card or set as default iso in settings
5. You need to edit the dolphin.ini in dolphin-emu/config. Use a text editor to do this. I used jota text editor from the play store.
6. Change "WiiSDCard= False to True. Remember the space after equal sign.
7. Change DefaultISO to the path where your brawl iso is.
8. Load the boot.elf in dolphin.

It seems to crash more often than vbrawl for me and has some graphical glitches and screen flickering than vbrawl, but it does work at least. I'm using a oneplus5 to load dolphin, am getting a good 50-60 fps unless there some larger attacks happening like final smashes, but is not entirely smooth. Maybe locking it at around 50 may be a better idea?

Jade_Rock

Because it is portable. Now I can play brawl wherever. Getting a Bluetooth controller to make it easier to play games.

unrelatedisme123

Minusaur
Playtester
It would lag on most androids though, but if you have a powerful android its actually good, I played melee on my brothers s8 with my gamecube adapter and it runs pretty well.

Jade_Rock

Phones pretty similar to s8 hardware wise and yeah melee works great.

Gota Bluetooth controller with a phone holder on top, game still crashes pretty often especially with hacks compared to vbrawl. Oh well suppose we're still a year or two away from great dolphin emulation.