Brawl Minus' First Official Tier List!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
You've waited for a long time, and now it's here! Without any hesitation, let's get down to it! Here's the list (For Version 4.0BC):

Screen_Shot_2017-03-05_at_7.50.47_PM.png

S: :m2::lucario::falco::metaknight::sheik::zss::wolf:
A+: :marth::peach::pichu::squirtle::wario::ddd::charizard::roy::mario:
A: :falcon::rob::diddy::snake::luigi::gnw::fox::dk::samus::pikachu:
A-: :yoshi::ness::toonlink::sonic::zelda::bowser::kirby::lucas::waluigi::ike:
B: :pit::ganon::olimar::ivysaur::iceclimbers::jigglypuff::link:

How was the tier list determined?

First, players who had performed well in recent tournaments were placed into a council where everyone was asked to rank characters from 1-43, and the averaged results were compiled to a tier list, with the tier breaks determined from notable gaps in averages. Afterwards, it was determined from discussion of characters and their believed placements relative to those near them and their tier. The tiers were listed as such:

S - Character excels in most areas and has tools that can shut down certain characters as well as tools to cover up most of their weaknesses
A+ - Characters excel in the current metagame and generally have good match-ups, as well as cover up some of their weaknesses.
A: Character performs decently in the metagame, despite their weaknesses
A-: Characters have notable weaknesses, but are still capable of causing damage in the right hands
B: Characters have notable weaknesses or bugs easily abused by other characters, or simply struggle to keep up against the stronger characters

Here's the list and our reasonings, have fun and just remember, tiers are just data. If you think something isn't right, break the limits and fight for that change!

Last edited:

Kboomers1918

Mayor of Capetown, Rhode Island
Minus Backroom
When all your mains are B tier

studio laughter

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I think I'm most interested in tier lists like this because I'm curious about how much the tiers will change as Minus gets updated. Great job, all of you crazy people that worked on this! :kirby:
This list is inaccurate - Random has its own tier above everyone else.

Yama

DISCLAIMER TO THOSE WHO ARE UNAWARE, THIS TIER LIST IS ACTUALLY A FEW MONTHS OLD AND WAS JUST RELEASED DUE TO AVAILABILITY.