Hitstun Jank

MelonKeepR

When you're hit with a move, you're put into hitstun. During hitstun, if you jump out as soon as possible and follow it by Fox's directional airdodge or Diddy Kong's up B, you're flung into the air very quickly. I'm sure this works with other moves/characters, but I've yet to find anything else.

Green Hell Zone

Absolutely positively the best Sonic player ever.
Can we have a gif or video of this phenomenon?

MelonKeepR

Can we have a gif or video of this phenomenon?
Yeah, give me a mo'

Edit:
x3wZkvp.gif

Last edited:

Green Hell Zone

Absolutely positively the best Sonic player ever.
Dang, that's weird as heck.

Ludacario

Resident of the blastzone
Playtester
Jump > Upb is a property of Diddy Kong, it allows his momentum to carry better / boost his recovery. It's also in smash 4 (and brawl...?).

Last edited:

Ludacario

Playtester
Right, that's what I was trying to explain. It's not a glitch. It doesn't matter if you act directly out of hitstun or not.

Ludacario

Playtester
After trying to replicate it again, it does seem you are correct... But I could have sworn it was in a previous version... Who knows.

Thor

This is the kind of mentality that more developers need.

So long as it doesn't produce other game-breaking glitches, agreed [see: Infinite Dimensional Cape in Brawl. Helped MK avoid damage... a little TOO well...]

EpicNonBread

Malfunctioning Machinery
Minus Backroom
Playtester
Decided to look into this. It's very similar to the effect of bucket breaking but strangely it only seems to work if you jump out of the hitstun and not if you use the move itself to cancel the hitstun, which is odd but makes me believe that it is related to the momentum glitch.