Brawl Minus 3.3 is BACK!

?0123456789?

Everything is ready to go this time!

Hmm, it seems there is still an issue moving from the Stage Select Screen to the actual game sometimes. I'm assuming this is because some character portraits still having freeze-inducing loading issues? I've just been playing as random characters vs random CPUs on a random stages and it happens. I guess all the combinations would have to be tested to see who is actually causing the problem.

NEWB

I still freeze when I go to stage selection.

Cuz of that, I don't know about other issues....

And yes, I am deleting everything on my sd so it's fresh before I add the latest update. That being said, I USED to be able to select and play on a stage, but these updates actually ruined that for me.

Lightning

Ikesexual
I still freeze when I go to stage selection.
My guess is that they went over the file size limit. This happened to me when I tried to use the Stage Expansion.

Also, is this when you select any character?

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Hmm, it seems there is still an issue moving from the Stage Select Screen to the actual game sometimes. I'm assuming this is because some character portraits still having freeze-inducing loading issues? I've just been playing as random characters vs random CPUs on a random stages and it happens. I guess all the combinations would have to be tested to see who is actually causing the problem.

This in particular may be a problem. iirc using random so often has a chance to freeze currently. ONLY because we don't have the custom random code on to prevent the random slot from choosing itself (you can see how that would be a problem) lol

Also, newb, i'll have to look into the SSS freeze...would you happen to be using the vBrawl or Minus portraits common5?

WastedCrits

I'm having occasional freezes on stage select, too. It only happens when I spend time trying to actually select a stage, though. If I just immediately select random I don't get any freezes. I am choosing random opponents, I haven't tried it without yet. This is loading from Gecko on a 2GB sd card, and with the Minus portraits.

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Just put in the new update, Stage Select freezes. Which is sad, because before I put in the new update, I was able to pick Final Frustration (Best stage ever, IMO).
Now it freezes if I'm on the screen for longer than 4 seconds. I was really looking forward to trying out Pichu without crashing the game....

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
hmmmm....people who are having issues on the SSS. Do me a favor, and navigate to private/wii/app/rsbe/ and delete the st folder. This is the stacksmash level that allows hackless users to play. If your using the homebrew gct you will need to delete that i believe or the game will try to load the custom stage on the SSS

DubLTeamz

Master of Arbitrary Opnions
Taking out the st folder worked! Also, happy days, Pichu no longer is crashing my results screen!

Lightning

Ikesexual
I'm getting a freeze at the strap menu. I took out the new strap menu, but it still freezes (only less often..). :(

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
My brother reported a stage select freeze as well. It's not super often, but it happens.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Has the camera been changed for all stages, or just some? It's mostly noticeable in a 2-player match on Fourside or Hyrule Castle.

The way this new camera pans and zooms so quickly is pretty disorienting. It's too sensitive.

Please revert it back to the old camera.

Thor

I have a ton of bugs apparently (Final Frustration is just called Final Destination, and there's a gap between top and bottom section of stages, not sure if that's intended or not) but everything seems to run normally (no awkward character glitches, except I think I managed to once fire a fast (1.01) Thunderbrand - no idea how though - and it didn't cause any other glitches or a shutdown). Just thought I'd chip in that I'm running hackless and it seems to run well, despite some weirdness.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Characters are randomly not grabbing the ledge in all normal circumstances in which they should be.

Also, Planet Zebes ceiling is way too low. I can juggle kill at really low %s in there.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

I also wantto know that l plus r level 16 code. are codes like these still only working on gc controller?

ill try deleting the st folder...

NEWB

Deleting the st folder has fixed my SSS! Running max 3.3 with no issues so far!

I have not experienced issues with missing ledges, though I'm still testing all stages.

After deleting the st folder, I did freeze once on the first strap loader screen.

My brother claims and I have witnessed a possible error in sonics sideb. Twice he side sideb and he seemed to go know where.

Is heavy knockback SFX buggy or something? Some characters don't use heavy knockback SFX very much at all, not even within one stock. Others like yoshi seem to do it all the time.

Pichu grows three times larger when thrown. Do peaches forward throw :)

At lavender town, pichus voice clip is notably quieter then normal.

Helm splitter doesn't connect with everyone, even though it does throw them. Only one I've seen hit is pichu.helm splitter has no connecting sound, making it dumb....

The new sound effect luigi has on thunderbrand sucks IMO. The original one was way better.

Lol I said no issues, but these are minor.

So does random on CSS and SSS work right or not? Trying to avoid crashing my game in favor of testing other things.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Greetings to the Brawl Minus universe. I have been playing brawl minus since the first max beta release and I've been following it ever since. I got Minus3.3 on release, encompassing 3 different downloads. I joined this forum today(less than ten minutes from now) because I come bearing information and hopefully a gift. Originally, I was loading Brawl mods through Riivolution, being able to switch between Minus1.01, Zeus 2.2/2.3, and Project M on my 16GB SDHC. On the first release of Minus 3.3, I was able to play using this card and Gecko AxNextFrame, however Pichu couldn't finish a match(crash) and Lavender Town was Flat Zone 2. Somewhere between the first and final(3rd) release of Minus3.3, I lost the ability to load the mod from my 16GB card and had to move to my 1GB card, which worked. The game works fine on my end, as the previous errors are no longer occurring.

Now for the possible gift:
On the first post of the Minus3.3 release thread(the post with the changelog), it stated that Minus3.3 cannot be loaded through Riivolution. Having dealt with Riivolution with other mods and previous versions of Minus, this made sense because of the BrawlEX folder. Today, I decided to try something that I knew would fail. I wrote a Riivolution patch that only referenced the Minus3.3 gct file. My reasoning for trying this was that perhaps it will just load the gct codes, including the File Patch Code within. I loaded it into the 1GB SD card, and launched Riivolution 1.06 with my USA Brawl disc (RSBE01). I then chose the name of my patch, "minus33test", with AxNextFrame as my Ocarina hook and launched. To my surprise: the modified loading screen came on. Everything seems to be working fine, even Pichu works and can even finish a match. I believe that this was something amazing, so here I am, telling the world. I have attached a zip folder containing the xml file that my Riivolution loaded to produce my results.

My Specs:
1GB SD card
USA Super Smash Bros. Brawl Disc
Riivolution 1.06 through Homebrew Channel
The Final Release of Brawl Minus 3.3 - the download file was "Brawl Minus 3.3 (Minus Art)(2).zip"

There was one error in which some of the character portraits in the Match Results screen revert back to their retail Brawl portraits. Other than that I haven't found any errors. I will continue testing this, as well as testing to see if this will work on my 16GB SDHC, which would be amazing. You will hear from me soon. Thank you for your efforts and time.
Good day.

EDIT: It did not work on the 16GB SDHC. Seems that it's limited to standard SD cards(2GB and below).

EDIT 2: Did you know that there is a code in the codes text file that is called "SDHC Expansion"? I didn't. Until now. Above method tested with my 16GB SDHC card, with this magnificent hidden gem of a code activated (I made no other changes to the homebrew gct file) with success. The same result screen errors brought up above still apply. To all users who want to use this method with their SD cards of 4GB and up, you will need to turn on this code along with the rest of the previously activated codes. Glorious day indeed as now I can have all my mods and emulators on one SD card once more.

EDIT 3: Reuploaded the file since we changed sites.

Attachments

• Brawl Minus 3.3 Riivolution.zip
    1.9 MB · Views: 699
Last edited by a moderator:

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I don't mind at all, I would actually appreciate it. I would like to see if it works for other users as well.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Improvements and edits to my method have been posted in my original post. Please contact me if anyone encounters errors.
Peace and happy brawling.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
Greetings to the Brawl Minus universe. I have been playing brawl minus since the first max beta release and I've been following it ever since. I got Minus3.3 on release, encompassing 3 different downloads. I joined this forum today(less than ten minutes from now) because I come bearing information and hopefully a gift. Originally, I was loading Brawl mods through Riivolution, being able to switch between Minus1.01, Zeus 2.2/2.3, and Project M on my 16GB SDHC. On the first release of Minus 3.3, I was able to play using this card and Gecko AxNextFrame, however Pichu couldn't finish a match(crash) and Lavender Town was Flat Zone 2. Somewhere between the first and final(3rd) release of Minus3.3, I lost the ability to load the mod from my 16GB card and had to move to my 1GB card, which worked. The game works fine on my end, as the previous errors are no longer occurring.

Now for the possible gift:
On the first post of the Minus3.3 release thread(the post with the changelog), it stated that Minus3.3 cannot be loaded through Riivolution. Having dealt with Riivolution with other mods and previous versions of Minus, this made sense because of the BrawlEX folder. Today, I decided to try something that I knew would fail. I wrote a Riivolution patch that only referenced the Minus3.3 gct file. My reasoning for trying this was that perhaps it will just load the gct codes, including the File Patch Code within. I loaded it into the 1GB SD card, and launched Riivolution 1.06 with my USA Brawl disc (RSBE01). I then chose the name of my patch, "minus33test", with AxNextFrame as my Ocarina hook and launched. To my surprise: the modified loading screen came on. Everything seems to be working fine, even Pichu works and can even finish a match. I believe that this was something amazing, so here I am, telling the world. I have attached a zip folder containing the xml file that my Riivolution loaded to produce my results.

My Specs:
1GB SD card
USA Super Smash Bros. Brawl Disc
Riivolution 1.06 through Homebrew Channel
The Final Release of Brawl Minus 3.3 - the download file was "Brawl Minus 3.3 (Minus Art)(2).zip"

There was one error in which some of the character portraits in the Match Results screen revert back to their retail Brawl portraits. Other than that I haven't found any errors. I will continue testing this, as well as testing to see if this will work on my 16GB SDHC, which would be amazing. You will hear from me soon. Thank you for your efforts and time.
Good day.

EDIT: It did not work on the 16GB SDHC. Seems that it's limited to standard SD cards(2GB and below).

EDIT 2: Did you know that there is a code in the codes text file that is called "SDHC Expansion"? I didn't. Until now. Above method tested with my 16GB SDHC card, with this magnificent hidden gem of a code activated (I made no other changes to the homebrew gct file) with success. The same result screen errors brought up above still apply. To all users who want to use this method with their SD cards of 4GB and up, you will need to turn on this code along with the rest of the previously activated codes. Glorious day indeed as now I can have all my mods and emulators on one SD card once more.

wow! :D that's awesome for riivo users! i'll probably even eventually put that on my 4GB SD card for a spare and for extra stuff, but for now, i don't really have other mods i use...

What does that "L+R = Lv. Sixteen" code in the codeset do?

yeah, i'd like to know too... is it like a computer level, or amount of item drop thing? (like that item rain code?) or is it a kind of alt version thing for some stage named "level 16" that changes with L and R? ...or something else entirely??

Smilindeth

Have used a level 16 CPU code, but it defaults AI to it (and it shows half of an infinite sign), and then if you change the level it goes back to the 1-9 range.
My guess would be that the L+R while selecting the CPU, difficulty, or something changes it to the level 16 difficulty, which is more responsive when fighting.