[Request] Jump-cancel Grab ICs

MelonKeepR

So, I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask or anything, but if it's not too much trouble for anyone, could you provide a .pac for jump-cancel grab on the Brawl Minus ICs? I don't really do any of the modding stuff and wouldn't know how to go about doing this myself.

Thanks in advance!:iceclimbers::nana:

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Jump-cancel grab? I might be able to arrange that (don't count on it though) but I don't exactly understand what precisely "jump-cancel grab" means.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Try this, MelonKeepR. (If it doesn't work, please don't hold it personally against me. I have not tested it.)

Attachments

• FitPopo.pac
    315.3 KB · Views: 499
My question is, do Ice Climbers really need another move that slides around and cancels into grab? What does Squall Hammer do that Blizzard doesn't? (Besides go into the air, that is.)

MelonKeepR

My question is, do Ice Climbers really need another move that slides around and cancels into grab? What does Squall Hammer do that Blizzard doesn't? (Besides go into the air, that is.)

I'm definitely not saying they need it, I just wanted to see how it would work. And It's certainly not like this only buffs their side-b. Popo can grab out of d-tilt and u-tilt, too. And if you jump-cancel grab out of shield, Nana does an aerial. I still plan on testing this a lot more, but it certainly gives ICs a nice few new options without totally breaking them.

And allowing SoPo to grab out of side-b has certainly proven to be very useful, too.

Edit: I'd also like to add that grabbing out of side-b via the jump-cancel allows for Nana to act out of it, whereas with down-b you'll oftentimes find that Nana is still in the middle of doing her down-b when Popo grabs. It's a nice little addition that doesn't amount to anything too much, but it's there.

Interesting.

In other games, they have a hard time grabbing, but each grab tends to lead to a KO. Their grab has been nerfed in Minus, so instead, they have a bunch more ways to land the grab.

MelonKeepR

Interesting.

In other games, they have a hard time grabbing, but each grab tends to lead to a KO. Their grab has been nerfed in Minus, so instead, they have a bunch more ways to land the grab.

Indeed. Their grab is powerful at low percents in Brawl Minus, and can lead to kill confirms at high percents, but there's a huge middle area where, sure, it's good to grab, but there's not a huge amount of powerful follow-ups that are available, so buffing their ability to grab seems logical.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
And surely enough, it works! Thanks a bunch.
No problem. That was actually the first Brawl .pac file I ever made. Glad it worked.