Official Tier List Creation

That was a couple versions ago, the meta has changed.

Maybe we should get BC involved in this conversation rather than just writing Ivysaur off.

Though... I gotta say, as a resident Ivysaur main, I can say with confidence that she really doesn't need a buff. She has plenty of options and tools that make her one of the best characters in the game, in my personal opinion. Most who have played me would probably agree with me.

(This is from after 4.0BC came out.)

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
You guys could just message me on here... or on Discord. I'd be happy to be a part of the discussion, if you want me to be.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
You guys could just message me on here... or on Discord. I'd be happy to be a part of the discussion, if you want me to be.
Well, shit me sideways
Yeah, having your input would be great. What do you think of the current list?

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Well... now that I've gotten my first look at it, I can say that for the most part, characters are generally where they're supposed to be.
I won't say anything about Ivy's placing, as it would be bias, as the only Ivy main, and she has no results.(yet. =3) Just know, that I believe her to be a top 10 character. If you want me to elaborate, I will.
Toon Link and Olimar are a lot lower than I expected, but I can see how the conclusion was reached, and they have no reasonable results yet. I would believe them to be higher,(Toon Link in A-, and Olimar in high A) but that's not my decision.
Ike... what the hell is he doing in the bottom tier...? His Side B and Fair alone make him at the very least an A- tier... Can I get some reasoning why he's so low?

I'd list more... but I'm kinda tired. I'd be happy to explain any specifics you have questions about. Just message me on Discord, if you can.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I won't say anything about Ivy's placing, as it would be bias, as the only Ivy main, and she has no results.(yet. =3) Just know, that I believe her to be a top 10 character.
Not gonna lie, I'm kinda scared of you getting access to netplay lol

Ike... what the hell is he doing in the bottom tier...? His Side B and Fair alone make him at the very least an A- tier... Can I get some reasoning why he's so low?
Ike is low for the same reason as toon Link, olimar, and puff. No results yet.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
What's there to be scared about? I'm just a guy who plays most of the roster for fun... and only play my mains when people ask, or if the match is serious. =3

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
What's there to be scared about? I'm just a guy who plays most of the roster for fun... and only play my mains when people ask, or if the match is serious. =3
Idk if you remember when we played, but you back to back four stocked me... I figured it out eventually, but still...

Also, would you like to play again? I'll not be satisfied till I take a game.

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Yes. Please.

I won't lie, I rarely get to play people. If you want, we could play tonight. Just hit me up on Discord. I don't check the forums that often.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
Yes. Please.

I won't lie, I rarely get to play people. If you want, we could play tonight. Just hit me up on Discord. I don't check the forums that often.
Can't play tonight, I'll definitely contact you on discord. Last time was fun till you picked d3

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
No one has fun against D3. XD

I only pick him so people can learn the matchup. You think I enjoy maining this Rosalina wannabe? XD

Ike is low for the same reason as toon Link, olimar, and puff. No results yet.

I need to work on my tech skill so that I can use him in tournament. Currently my best three characters (G&W, Ike, and Charizard) are about even, but I have a lot more room for improvement with Ike.

Between B-reversed Quick Draw, wave-bounced Quick Draw, and fast-fall nairs, Ike has a lot of options that send him in all different directions and that cancel into one another. Plus, FF nair cancels into any of Ike's other moves (not just the limited set of moves he can do out of grounded Quick Draw; Ike can do anything), meaning I have even more options to learn.

For reference, here's a TAS:

Last edited:

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I need to work on my tech skill so that I can use him in tournament. Currently my best three characters (G&W, Ike, and Charizard) are about even, but I have a lot more room for improvement with Ike.

Between B-reversed Quick Draw, wave-bounced Quick Draw, and fast-fall nairs, Ike has a lot of options that send him in all different directions and that cancel into one another. Plus, all of these options cancel into regular attacks, meaning I have even more options to learn.

For reference, here's a TAS:

Looking forward to good ike play! One of my friends messed around with him for a bit, it seems like he has a lot to offer. And when you get results, he'll finally be high on a tier list!

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
You should come back for a tournament and show the newer players how DK and 'Dorf are really played.

I haven't seen anyone else use DK's "Barrel Tricks" as well as you did.
After everything I developed in smash 4, I have a feeling I'd wind up being a nightmare.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
After everything I developed in smash 4, I have a feeling I'd wind up being a nightmare.
YZwhBzN.png

C'mon, Gold, Show us your Moves.

AGentleStar

Video Editor
One of these days, we all gotta meet up on Discord or something and create a matchup chart for every character currently. I can't do much for this list at the moment other than make educated guesses.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
One of these days, we all gotta meet up on Discord or something and create a matchup chart for every character currently. I can't do much for this list at the moment other than make educated guesses.
One day...
How about we shoot for one character per week, or per two weeks?

Let's go alphabetically, starting with Bowser... We could have his matchup chart done by January 7.

Probably ought to start a new topic for this. Should we discuss all characters' matchups in one separate thread, or discuss each character in their own thread in their respective subforums?