Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
id like to make a suggestion to you and go into my music on brawl minus and click on final frusteration, and you will see the track no Johns, max out that track and then play on that map once, Then have a good time.
Doesn't work if you're doing netplay since the settings get reset to default

I don't know what No Johns is, but whatever, not gonna object to anything listed.

If Brawl had Tabuu's theme [the Boss Battle theme or whatever on Smash 4] on Final Destination, can that be made the default on FD? That song is amazing.

It's a slightly edited version of Juicy Fruit by Huw Williams. If you ever watched the melee documentary it's the song thats in it pretty much.

Mariosonicman1

Doesn't work if you're doing netplay since the settings get reset to default
isnt the my music randomly selected from the other persons my music? if they both have it maxed out on no johns then it should play all the time.

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
isnt the my music randomly selected from the other persons my music? if they both have it maxed out on no johns then it should play all the time.

I'm going to assume you haven't used dolphin netplay before, I apologize ahead of time if you have. One issue dolphin has is that saves can cause desyncs so to prevent this you boot with default game settings. So in order to change the music you either have to write a code to alter the default settings or you have to do it manually each time the players boot up netplay. Hopefully that helps you understand again sorry if you know already.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Gonna try and go through a lot of these:

:random:Use Unused sound stuff: Asides vague stuff, there are one or two we can use. Not a lot though.
:random:Trigger stuff: This desynchs wifi, throws off players, and can also desynch replays. For these reasons, we decline.
:random:Manual Buffer: We will do this. :fox:Will not have one and his buffer will be Melees.
:random:Unique nameplates: Uniformity>Series-based names
:random:Footstool stuff: Brawl had tons of footstool infinites, so we made footstools techable in Minus. They will remain this way.
:random:Yelling Brawl Minus: the only way to do this is to change the intro, which is only patchable by Riivolution which means we can't.
:random:Release more patches before the final version: Only if there are emergencies like CHUUUgate and bAir the Character.
:random:Shield Dropping: This is more a wii hardware issue than it is anything in-game specifically.

:bowser::diddy: Pichu stuff: We will wait until before we adjust our Pichu before we do anything here.

:falcon:Secret Taunt Yes: Elliot you goober you can request things in the dev room. We said no there.
:falcon:Normal Taunt Yes: Yeah sure
:falcon:Weight stuff: We can lower his shorthop and increase his weight a little bit

:fox:Fox melee weight stuff: We are already reverting his shorthop.
:fox:Dash Attack: No shine cancel but we will still make it not connect into itself and still connect into uSmash

:ganon:uTilt: It still doesn't need buffs.

:ike:Quick Draw into taunt: I swore we answered this, but yes it can.

:ivysaur:fSmash buffs: Yeah we can buff that. These are remnants of Kien's overnerf saga.
:ivysaur:dTilt damage: We will evaluate if she needs this.

:lucario:Double Team: We have our own solution to this, and we look forward to being able to show it off in the future!

:m2:uSmash: We will adjust Mewtwo's hitbox angles and knockback
:m2:Future Sight: It already automatically detonates upon hitting the

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
CHANGELOG

APPROVED

General

---
I request that more characters use all of their unused/cut dialogue from previous games' dialogue. Examples include Marth's Jump 1, Marth's Up-Special, and all of Ike's Counter lines. [666DAMAGE]
Pin Clock: "Asides vague stuff, there are one or two we can use. Not a lot though."
---
Please make Manual Buffer an option. Some players would prefer having less than 10 frames of Buffer. [Dusk]
Bent 00: The only way to implement Manual Buffer is to replace the Handicap setting with a Buffer Scale, and I think Stock Control would be a better replacement for that. If the universal Minus Buffer setting is ever changed from 10 frames, it should never be set below 6 frames."
Pin Clock: "We will do this. Fox Will not have one, and his Buffer will be zero like in Melee."
Bent 00: "Why force Fox's Buffer to 0 if we can set it manually? It's worth inconveniencing 0 Buffer fans, to allow others to use different settings."
---

Fighter

:falcon:Captain Falcon:

---
On Falcon's Secret Taunt, replace the "Show me ya Moves" SFX x3 with the quiet "Yess" SFX x3, and add the quiet "Yess" SFX x1 to Falcon's regular Up-Taunt (on frame 23, right before the DA8 SFX). Regular Up-Taunt sounds boring without it, and the quiet "Yess" fits it well. [Bent 00] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "Normal Taunt Yes: Yeah, sure."
---
Captain Falcon plays like he did in Melee with some added flair, but he's very light. Falcon can fast fall well, but that's not weight. His shorthop is too high to combo the same way as in Melee. Falcon's weight is too low. [AGentleStar]
Bent 00: "I'd need to test more to say for certain, but Falcon feels pretty good to me (a Falcon main). If anything, it feels like he can't jump high enough, and his recovery is still bad. I doubt more gravity or weight would help him."
Pin Clock: "We can lower his ShortHop and increase his Weight a little bit."
Bent 00: "A lower shorthop might be useful, but Falcon should NOT be any heavier unless Full Jump height is Buffed to compensate. Neither change is necessary. Get plenty of feedback from Falcon mains before changing anything."
---

:fox:Fox:

---
Nerf Foxes Dash Attack so that it doesn't consistently connect into itself, and compensate by giving it a Shine Cancel. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "No Shine Cancel, but we will make it not connect into itself and still connect into Up-Smash."
---

:ike:Ike:

---
Just for fun: Let Ike cancel Quick Draw into a taunt. [player_03]
Pin Clock: "Yes it can."
---

:ivysaur:Ivysaur:

---
Ivysaur needs buffed F-Smash knockback scaling and slightly more damage. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "Yeah, we can Buff that."
---

:m2:Mewtwo:

---
Tweak the hitbox on Mewtwo's Up-Smash. Even CPUs end up escaping from it; Up-Smash is also slow, so it may as well be punishable at low percentages even on-hit. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "We will adjust Mewtwo's hitbox angles and knockback."
---

:pichu:Pichu:

---
Feel free to use the "25% Bigger, Taller NeckN HurtBox Pichu (with fixed Squats)" set of tweaks I made. [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We're doing this."
---
UNDER CONSIDERATION

Fighter

:bowser:Bowser:

---
Bowser's Up Smash doesn't work well at all against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. Maybe this Attack needs a Buff? [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will wait until before we adjust our Pichu before we do anything here."
---

:diddy:Diddy Kong:

---
Diddy's Up Smash doesn't work well at all against Pichu, even after I increased its Size and NeckN HurtBox. Maybe this Attack needs a Buff? [Bent 00]
Pin Clock: "We will wait until before we adjust our Pichu before we do anything here."
---

:ivysaur:Ivysaur:

---
Ivysaur's D-Tilt needs to do slightly more damage, but the knockback is fine. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "We will evaluate if Ivysaur needs this."
---
REJECTED

General

---
Please make Light Presses on Triggers activate them, like in Project M. I really dislike that you have to fully press the triggers in order for them to register. [Malkasaur]
Pin Clock: "This desynchs wifi, throws off players, and can also desynch replays. For these reasons, we decline."
---
Unique nameplates would be cool. For example, look at these names from a notable Smash 4 mod, styled by series. [Sly]
Pin Clock: "Uniformity > Series-based names."
---
Footstools are good in teams, but not in singles. I suggest making them untechable, like in Smash 4. [Kymaera K1ng]
Pin Clock: "They already are, aren't they?"
fantasyDinosaur: "Footstools are techable."
Pin Clock: "Brawl had tons of Footstool infinites, so we made Footstools techable in Minus. They will remain this way."
---
Could the title screen have the announcer yell Brawl Minus on it? The Title Scream is awesome, it makes everything cooler. [SilverStarApple]
Pin Clock: "The only way to do this is to change the intro -- which is only patchable by Riivolution -- which means we can't."
---
Release more patches before the final release to patch up commonly known bugs, please. [Dusk]
Pin Clock: "Only if there are emergencies like CHUUUgate and Back-Air the Character."
---
Would it be possible to make Shield Dropping like how it is in Project M? Shield Dropping in Brawl is pretty inconsistent. [fantasyDinosaur]
Pin Clock: "This is more a Wii hardware issue than it is anything in-game specifically."

Fighter

:falcon:Captain Falcon:

---
On Falcon's Secret Taunt, change his "Show me ya Moves" SFX x3 to the soft "Yess" SFX x1. [666DAMAGE] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "No."
---

:fox:Fox:

---
Fox plays like he did in Melee with some added flair, but he's very light. Fox can fast fall well, but that's not weight. His shorthop is too high to combo the same way as in Melee. Fox's weight is too low. Brawl Minus Zeus does him right. [AGentleStar]
Pin Clock: "We are already reverting his shorthop."
---

:ganon:Ganondorf:

---
Improve the knockback on the main hitbox of Ganondorf's Up-Tilt. I couldn't even kill Falco with it at 60% on Final Destination. [Xaxidoro]
Pin Clock: "Did you hit Falco right? Our testing confirmed Falco is K.O.ed by Ganondorf's Up-Tilt from the center of Final Destination at around 55%."
Xaxidoro: "I'd still like to Request to get it Buffed. Not '1.5b Buffed', but just Buffed a bit more."
Pin Clock: "It still doesn't need Buffs."
---

:lucario:Lucario:

---
Double Team hasn't been Nerfed enough. It's still a really good combo breaker on a character that's already hard to combo, and is nearly impossible to punish on a whiff or Shield. When Double Team hits a Shield, Lucario should get less momentum going through, so it can actually be punished. [Longbottom]
Pin Clock: "We have our own solution to this, and we look forward to being able to show it off in the future!"
---

:m2:Mewtwo:

---
Could Mewtwo gain the ability to detonate Future Sight at will, by pressing Down-Special again? Like a shorter version of Snake's C4. [Thor]
Pin Clock: "It already automatically detonates on contact once the delayed hitbox becomes active."
---

Pin Clock: A few comments...

Please make Manual Buffer an option. Some players would prefer having less than 10 frames of Buffer. [Dusk]
Bent 00: The only way to implement Manual Buffer is to replace the Handicap setting with a Buffer Scale, and I think Stock Control would be a better replacement for that. If the universal Minus Buffer setting is ever changed from 10 frames, it should never be set below 6 frames."
Pin Clock: "We will do this. Fox Will not have one, and his Buffer will be zero like in Melee."
Bent 00: "Why force Fox's Buffer to 0 if we can set it manually? It's worth inconveniencing 0 Buffer fans, to allow others to use different settings."
Wouldn't it make more sense to not lock Fox's Buffer to 0? Surely there are some ways he can make use of Buffer. I see no reason to force people to play Fox a certain way in regards to the amount of Buffer they can use, if the only advantage to doing so is eliminating a minor inconvenience (changing Fox's Buffer to 0 manually) to fans of 0 Buffer Fox.

Again, I think it would be much better to have Stock Control rather than Manual Buffer, and if you have to reduce Buffer, drop the universal Buffer to 6-9 frames. Buffer has many more good aspects than bad ones, no?

On Falcon's Secret Taunt, replace the "Show me ya Moves" SFX x3 with the quiet "Yess" SFX x3, and add the quiet "Yess" SFX x1 to Falcon's regular Up-Taunt (on frame 23, right before the DA8 SFX). Regular Up-Taunt sounds boring without it, and the quiet "Yess" fits it well. [Bent 00] (POLL)
Pin Clock: "Normal Taunt Yes: Yeah, sure."
I take it that this means Falcon's regular Up Taunt will feature 1x quiet "Yess", while the Super Taunt will still feature "Show me, Show me, Show me ya Moves"? "Yess, Yess, Yess" sounds better IMO. "Show me ya Moves" gets enough air time via Down-Taunt and Up-Special.

Captain Falcon plays like he did in Melee with some added flair, but he's very light. Falcon can fast fall well, but that's not weight. His shorthop is too high to combo the same way as in Melee. Falcon's weight is too low. [AGentleStar]
Bent 00: "I'd need to test more to say for certain, but Falcon feels pretty good to me (a Falcon main). If anything, it feels like he can't jump high enough, and his recovery is still bad. I doubt more gravity or weight would help him."
Pin Clock: "We can lower his ShortHop and increase his Weight a little bit."
Bent 00: "A lower shorthop might be useful, but Falcon should NOT be any heavier unless Full Jump height is Buffed to compensate. Neither change is necessary. Get plenty of feedback from Falcon mains before changing anything."
Please be very careful if you change these. Falcon's movement feels excellent to me as-is. I think his Full Jump height is lacking, so a Weight increase with no compensatory Buff to Full Jump height would be horrible. I'd prefer Falcon's Weight to be left alone. Not sure about a shorter ShortHop, I'd have to try it out.

Just for fun: Let Ike cancel Quick Draw into a taunt. [player_03]
Pin Clock: "Yes it can."
Does this mean you're making it easier for Ike to do this, or that he already can, and it won't be made easier to do?

Fox plays like he did in Melee with some added flair, but he's very light. Fox can fast fall well, but that's not weight. His shorthop is too high to combo the same way as in Melee. Fox's weight is too low. Brawl Minus Zeus does him right. [AGentleStar]
Pin Clock: "We are already reverting his shorthop."
I put this in REJECTED because it sounds like AGentleStar is asking for a Fox Weight increase, while you're saying he's just getting his ShortHop height reverted. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

Mariosonicman1

I'm going to assume you haven't used dolphin netplay before, I apologize ahead of time if you have. One issue dolphin has is that saves can cause desyncs so to prevent this you boot with default game settings. So in order to change the music you either have to write a code to alter the default settings or you have to do it manually each time the players boot up netplay. Hopefully that helps you understand again sorry if you know already.
i actually didnt know that.... but that doesnt mean it cant work on the nintendo wii itself right? cause i only play brawl - on my wii. so i dont think i would encounter this issue.

baltarc

The Battle Portraits for the Brawl art versions are currently not editable. Could this be fixed?
I assume you're referring to the error returned by Brawlbox when you attempt to replace a texture. This is a bug in Brawlbox v0.77; downgrading to 0.76b should allow you to replace the textures.

Well I'm gonna share my thoughts but it's mostly likely been said but w/e's. My thoughts that Ganon needs some serious buffs. He has problems dealing with characters that make him one of the most gimpable characters in the game. His speed needs to be increased. His frame data is okay for the most part. His bair needs to decrease on the amount of frames it has. Make it so it can come out a lot quicker similar to Melee/PM. His Neutral B needs to have super armor. I can count how times I have been attacked while preforming the move and at that moment it should've had armor. This will buff his defense and give him a benefit. Everything else for Ganon he's fine at the moment. I request that Mario has his wall Jump Cancel or "Scar Jump", like he has in Melee and PM. Mario will have better recovery and edge guarding options. This benefits for him being able to keep on his toes. The WJC should allow him to cancel from his up-B and preform all of his attacks he can in air. Well that's all of my thoughts for the moment. Thanks for taking the time to read this Minus team and for making Minus fun as heck!

Thor

Well I'm gonna share my thoughts but it's mostly likely been said but w/e's. My thoughts that Ganon needs some serious buffs. He has problems dealing with characters that make him one of the most gimpable characters in the game. His speed needs to be increased. His frame data is okay for the most part. His bair needs to decrease on the amount of frames it has. Make it so it can come out a lot quicker similar to Melee/PM. His Neutral B needs to have super armor. I can count how times I have been attacked while preforming the move and at that moment it should've had armor. This will buff his defense and give him a benefit. Everything else for Ganon he's fine at the moment. I request that Mario has his wall Jump Cancel or "Scar Jump", like he has in Melee and PM. Mario will have better recovery and edge guarding options. This benefits for him being able to keep on his toes. The WJC should allow him to cancel from his up-B and preform all of his attacks he can in air. Well that's all of my thoughts for the moment. Thanks for taking the time to read this Minus team and for making Minus fun as heck!

Ganondorf needs something but large speed buffs could be the wrong direction [something is probably good but Ganondorf might become the best in the game if he could run around like Falcon, and while it'd be really cool for a really long time, it'd eventually just be obnoxious because he'd be able to combo off of every hit and they'd all also kill you >_>].

The pre-nerf Wizard's Foot could be a good start to making him better though. I'd suggest a Smash 4 up+b with armor on it, a new hitbox at the base, and the grab removed [so that people can't walltech walljump to punish the move] but I don't think the devs want to remove the move as it is [but seriously that would be awesome, since it removes a spike while giving him a risky but more useful OoS option thanks to the armor.]

I don't *think* bair is slower than Melee/PM but I frankly don't know. If it is, I don't think it's by much [certainly doesn't have a large windup on it like his fair].

Mario already has double jump up+b... walljumping out of it seems a little much, and "Scar Jumping" is actually something else entirely [it's drop from ledge [almost always with c-stick] -> walljump without using your double jump].

Agree 100% on the last sentence.

Farkus

Retired
My 2 cents, I think fox should still have the option to use buffer if he wants since there are some advantages. Also, could we get shine recolors like making fox's black and white? Would it be possible to recolor them for each skin? Or is it just on a character by character basis. Also, could we see the stages a couple days before the release so we can see what stages should be legal and have them be the default selection on bootup. Because in 4.0BC the legal stages are not the default ones.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I probably brought it up in the Discord before, but I never actually requested this. Not like it's terribly important anyway, but:

Give Kirby's ftilt a proper upwards angle, and move current upward ftilt's tripping properties to the downward-angled variant.

Kirby's ftilt has three variants, like some other ftilts in the game, based on what angle you input. However, two of Kirby's ftilts go downwards, preventing him from angling upwards. While Kirby's range is great enough to not necessarily need the slight boost to upward range, I feel that it it redundant for Kirby to have two downward ftilts.

Pikmin1211

Pikmin Sergeant.
Just some things...

While playing Meta Knight and Pit, I found the glide input very finicky. While trying to jump, I found myself occasionally getting a glide on accident, which really screwed up my combos. Could you possibly increase the amount of time you have to hold X/Y to enter a glide?

I feel like (the Netplay build especially) should have more custom music, like the PM netplay build. (I understand BRSTMs take up a lot of space - perhaps offer it as an add-on or separate download?)

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
:random:Menu Shortcuts: Could you specify what kinds of shortcuts you would want?
:random:Default Music settings: This shouldn't be too hard, we just need to figure out a few things
:random:Subspace Boss/Tabuu's theme on FD: We would like to do this but have no idea how, nor have we seen it been done without replacing other songs.
:ike:Meteor dTaunt hitbox: Sounds fun combined with the Quick Draw into Taunts
:pit:Fix Wings of Icarus: Of course we would fix this!
:toonlink:Redesign the whole character: It is very unlikely we will be fully redesigning characters at this stage in the game.
:roy:Double Edge Dance: We will adjust this in accordance to how we adjust our Pichu.
:peach:Give Parasol Back on hit: This is fair as Peach has one of the worst vertical recoveries in the game
:peach:Intangibly on a successful Toad: This is basic and makes sense.
:ddd:Waddles stop jumping: This would lead to unwanted Waddle kills on all instances.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Please be very careful if you change these. Falcon's movement feels excellent to me as-is. I think his Full Jump height is lacking, so a Weight increase with no compensatory Buff to Full Jump height would be horrible. I'd prefer Falcon's Weight to be left alone. Not sure about a shorter ShortHop, I'd have to try it out.
You're thinking of gravity, higher weight reduces knockback from moves and has no relation to fall speed. For an easy example, Yoshi weighs significantly more than Fox, but Fox falls significantly faster than Yoshi.

Pikmin1211

Pikmin Sergeant.
:random:Subspace Boss/Tabuu's theme on FD: We would like to do this but have no idea how, nor have we seen it been done without replacing other songs.

Sort of roundabout way of doing this, but you could swap FD with another stage entirely to switch all the music slots. For example, switching FD and Green Hill Zone around would provide a ton more music slots for FD.

Is it possible you're spinning the control stick in a circle (or just side to side)? Doing this after a midair jump starts a glide.

That may be the issue. In which case, I feel that should be removed since it doesn't do anything but interrupt movement inputs (why would you do this to glide instead of just holding jump???)

That may be the issue. In which case, I feel that should be removed since it doesn't do anything but interrupt movement inputs (why would you do this to glide instead of just holding jump???)

Agreed. As I said earlier:

To get back on-topic, here's a request: remove the "spin control stick to glide" input. I'm trying to learn Charizard, and sometimes when I change my mind about what aerial to do, I start gliding instead of doing any aerial at all.

If spinning the control stick started a glide at any time (not just after a midair jump), I'd approve. But if you have to midair jump anyway, you may as well just hold the jump button.