Pichu tech: faster healing

As you know, Pichu heals while it crouches. What you might not know is, there's a way to dramatically speed up the process.

When you crouch, the game starts a half-second timer. When the timer reaches 0, you heal, and then it starts a new timer for roughly 1.33 seconds. From then on, you only heal one percent per 1.33 seconds.

Each time you stop crouching, the game cancels the 1.33 second timer. Each time you begin crouching, the game starts the 0.5 second timer. That means that if you stop and then start crouching fast enough, you'll be able to heal again before the 1.33 second timer would have ended. Repeat this consistently, and you can heal at a rate of more than 1% per second.

Pichu's dtilt is fast, but its jab is very slightly faster. It isn't worth changing your controls just to make jab work, but if you're already using a tilt stick, then just tap it backwards to jab while crouching.

Finally, try to attack on the same frame that the bubbles appear. The sooner you start your attack, the sooner it ends, and the sooner the 0.5 second timer starts.

Last edited:

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Good stuff! I know i'll be showing this to HASH.

We need more little tech threads like this around the character boards

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Ah, I see the Rest+Sleep Talk strategy is working!

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Bad pun clock, no bad puns!