Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
Okay, so as a Wolf secondary, I can affirm that he is "Turbulent Combo City". As my friend (a Roy main) aptly puts it, "You can execute 5 moves in the span it takes me to perform Roy's Up Smash". However, one of the things that I have to complain about is his ledge-regrab options. I swear, I have had so many SD's in a match solely because I attempted to mix-up my strategy through dropping off the ledge-most likely into a fastfall-and airdodging only to realize the airdodge lasts long enough to lead me to the bottom blast zone. This is especially the problem in stages with low blast zones, as even if I drop off without airdodging, Wolf's fastfall is so...well, fast that if I try to recover-whether it be his Side-B or Up-B-the chance of an SD increases due to the momentum of the fastfall. Though, that doesn't happen as often as his airdodge SD, so that's entirely my blame to hold. Wolf's airdodge is the main issue, where it lingers so often that bottom blast zone SD's are almost unavoidable (I say almost because every once in a while I'm able to react just quick enough to not SD, following up with recuperation of a mini-heart attack). I thought of Wolf maybe having his fastfall or mass (Y'all call it weight. Smh...) changed to fix this issue, but this fastfall is what allows him to combo effectively and honestly, Wolf's mass goes along with how feral he is in how he moves about in such an erratic way. So, after all that exposition dumped out, here's what I would like to be changed.

Airdodge Cancel: Allow Wolf to cancel out of Airdodge. If possible, make this viable for all playable characters.
Allowing Wolf to cancel out of his airdodge using anyone of his specials, as he will be able to drastically lessen the chance of SD's from airdodging off-stage (sounds a lot like Melee, right?). An example would be canceling an airdodge by executing Wolf's Up-B or Side-B. However, due to the potential that this could inadvertently buff his combo potential to such a high degree, allow this change to be allowed on all playable characters-if possible.

Last edited:

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
Allowing Wolf to cancel out of his airdodge using his entire arsenal, as he will be able to drastically lessen the chance of SD's from airdodging off-stage (sounds like Melee, right?). An example would be canceling an airdodge by executing Wolf's Up-B or Side-B. However, due to the potential that this could inadvertently buff his combo potential to such a high degree, allow this change to allowed on all playable characters-if possible.

I don't really like talking about it because its not commonly known but you can airdodge cancel. As long as you MELEE AIRDODGE in a downward direction (Down left, Straight down, and Down right) it can cancel just like how foxes can cancel into shine. Also a fun fact is that if you cancel it into another side b and cancel that into an airdodge your 2nd airdodge comes out as a brawl airdodge.

Tl;DR: He can cancel out of melee airdodge.

SilverStarApple

Two things:
2) I liked future sight at first look, but I'm not sure of where to use it besides sometimes for edgeguarding, and I'm seeing a lot of complaints about the move. (This is probably because it's not exactly intuitive to use, and while those will leave with time if the move is good...) I have some ideas that are probably very hard to execute, but then thought of a potentially much simpler one [or not?] which is this: Could Mewtwo gain the ability to detonate Future Sight at will by pressing down+B again? In this way it'd be like a much shorter version of Snake's down+b [since it could still go off at the normal speed], and might make comboing into the move [or out of it] more practical.

Since I can't remember (and/or didn't check), is Future Sight only on a timer, or does it automatically go off if an opponent touches it [like Snake mines]? If it's the former, implementing the latter may also be a buff idea [assuming the dev team is willing to buff the move].

Make Future Sight work as it does now, BUT you can make multiple Future Sights faster and you can detonate them all at once early using held down-B. Early detonations deal less damage than timed detonations but you can layer detonations on each other for extra damage. If you've played Jojo ps1, you know how good this trick makes a character.

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
I don't really like talking about it because its not commonly known but you can airdodge cancel. As long as you MELEE AIRDODGE in a downward direction (Down left, Straight down, and Down right) it can cancel just like how foxes can cancel into shine. Also a fun fact is that if you cancel it into another side b and cancel that into an airdodge your 2nd airdodge comes out as a brawl airdodge.

Tl;DR: He can cancel out of melee airdodge.

So, as a guy who's never played Melee ever (I like watching it, but trying to get to that high level play seems like it would take YEARS. Plus, the technicality to me seems just a bit much to grasp. Eh, I guess that's my fault. xD), what's the frames limit execution for a Melee Airdodge (30 frames before it resets, or...?). I ask this because attempting to regarab the ledge out of airdodge would require me to "fastfall from ledge, angle the joystick down left, move 90 degrees right, airdodge, Side-B/Up-B, regrab". I just feels needless, especially when Wolf's mass is like a neutron star, and thus you have to perform all of that in less than at maximum 45 frames. That's less than a second at maximum! As much as I would like to have the hands of Mew2King, I really can't keep up with something like that. Unless it's a stage where I can drop off the ledge without fear of SDing (I love you Fountain of Salty Te-I mean, Dreams), just a simple Brawl- airdodge cancel for Wolf-and maybe for all playable characters-will do for my casual hands. :p

Addendum: I will edit the Airdodge Cancel request so that it the airdodge can only be cancelled by Specials. Just to make things not as hectic, or broken, or whatever the case may be. Same applies if this were to be given to all playable characters.

Last edited:

SilverStarApple

Give melee airdodges to everyone because Brawl/Sm4sh airdodges are shit-tier uncompetitive invincibility-mode buttons that suck the thought out of airplay with a straw.

Malkasaur

BAir Master
Playtester
Give melee airdodges to everyone because Brawl/Sm4sh airdodges are shit-tier uncompetitive invincibility-mode buttons that suck the thought out of airplay with a straw.
That's like saying counters are "shit-tier uncompetitive invincibility-mode buttons that suck the thought out of airplay with a straw" but instead of airplay, it's the neutral. You're fucking retarded if you seriously think airdodging is in any way shape of form broken, or as you called it, "uncompetitive", especially in Smash 4 where airdodge punishes are standard. Even in Brawl, a game where you can airdodge out of hitstun, people couldn't abuse it. NOT ONLY THAT but airdodging is WORSE in Minus because you can't airdodge during tumble. And in other threads, you're telling people to "git gud". Get the fuck out of here. You clearly don't know anything about Minus let alone competitive Smash if you're complaining about fucking airdodging. You can't even deal with a simple defensive option that even the worst players can punish.

Last edited:

SilverStarApple

That's like saying counters are "shit-tier uncompetitive invincibility-mode buttons that suck the thought out of airplay with a straw" but instead of airplay, it's the neutral. You're fucking retarded if you seriously think airdodging is in any way shape of form broken, or as you called it, "uncompetitive", especially in Smash 4 where airdodge punishes are standard. Even in Brawl, a game where you can airdodge out of hitstun, people couldn't abuse it. NOT ONLY THAT but airdodging is WORSE in Minus because you can't airdodge during tumble. And in other threads, you're telling people to "git gud". Get the fuck out of here. You clearly don't know anything about Minus let alone competitive Smash if you're complaining about fucking airdodging. You can't even deal with a simple defensive option that even the worst players can punish.
Wow, I seriously didn't expect anyone to take that bait, let alone take it so hard they get this butthurt.

Is this reddit? Do I need to put a /s at the end of all jokes?

Malkasaur

BAir Master
Playtester
Inappropriate Behavior
Wow, I seriously didn't expect anyone to take that bait, let alone take it so hard they get this butthurt.

Is this reddit? Do I need to put a /s at the end of all jokes?
Sure it was bait. Just like everything you post on this forum, right?
If it was posted by anyone else, I would have known it was bait. But you posting it? I've seen you around, I've seen how you act, what you've posted on here. I wasn't mad, so much as I was fed up with you being fucking stupid, so when I saw you post something fucking stupid as usual and decided to take the opportunity to call you out on being a fucking idiot. Don't pretend that was bait, because unless everything you do is bait, then you can't expect me to believe you.

Last edited:

SilverStarApple

Inappropriate Behavior
Sure it was bait. Just like everything you post on this forum, right?
If it was posted by anyone else, I would have known it was bait. But you posting it? I've seen you around, I've seen how you act, what you've posted on here. I wasn't mad, so much as I was fed up with you being fucking stupid, so when I saw you post something fucking stupid as usual and decided to take the opportunity to call you out on being a fucking idiot. Don't pretend that was bait, because unless everything you do is bait, then you can't expect me to believe you.
Looks like somebody's having a moment.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Okay girls take it outside

I'll answer more requests later I promise

baltarc

I didn't see this request added to the first post, so I'll submit it again.

Implement Mario's "So long-a, Bowser" / "So long, gay Bowser" line from Mario 64 (as shown in this vide0) when Mario uses his bthrow, possibly requiring a taunt input.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
^ Sorry, but I ignored that one because...

1.) It doesn't make sense for Mario to say that if Bowser's not his opponent.
2.) Despite being voiced by Charles Martinet in both Brawl and Super Mario 64, the clip you're asking for would clash with Mario's Brawl tone.
3.) It's too much trouble for the devs to add in SFX from a different game, for too little pay-off.
4.) It's just too silly. The Devs have better things to do, no offense.

I see every Request that's posted. If yours doesn't show up when I update, and it was a silly Request, it probably got Ignored.

Again, no offense, I just don't want to clutter up the Pending section of the Request List with useless Requests the Devs will most likely Reject.

While I'm on this topic, I Ignored SilverStarApple's last two Requests, as well, because I don't see any logic in them.

Not sure about S.S.A.'s Samus Requests, but they don't seem to be necessary either...

If the reasoning behind your Requests are not obvious, I recommend that you explain the logic behind them.

Last edited:

Thor

Jumping in because I actually enter tournaments for multiple Smash games rather regularly, and can link a variety of YouTube videos of me at various tournaments if you don't believe me : D

If you actually think that, you either have no idea how Brawl and Smash 4 work, or just not very bright. Or maybe both, but I'll kindly assume the former.

If you'd like help dealing with airdodges [and knowing when they're good and when they're bad, as well as how to bait and/or punish them], you can feel free to ask in another part of the forum [I don't think that's the sort of thing we discuss here, but you could probably put it in the general discussion of Brawl Minus very easily!]. Feel free to tag me and I can explain stuff too [I don't always see everything that goes on here >_>].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request: while I don't think we're allowed to rip off PM, a variation on a PM-exclusive idea could be quite interesting, so I'll suggest it [warning: might be infeasible].

In PM, if Snake holds the B button while using down+B when it's put somewhere, he fakes the detonation of the C4, and it doesn't go off.

I suggest that in Brawl Minus, a quick press and release functions normally, but otherwise, the C4 won't go off until he releases the B button. This could make for interesting setups/option coverage in a 2v1, or be used if you successfully stick someone as an airdodge read of sorts [setting it off when they can airdodge, but deliberately holding the button to wait out an airdodge].

It's a really silly idea, yes, but if it's not too tough, it adds a bit of extra flair to Snake. While it necessarily constitutes a buff [because more options and stuff], I think it's so extremely minor it can be justified pretty easily, and makes the move more Minus-y than just "yeah the explosion KOs earlier now."

In PM, if Snake holds the B button while using down+B when it's put somewhere, he fakes the detonation of the C4, and it doesn't go off.

I suggest that in Brawl Minus, a quick press and release functions normally, but otherwise, the C4 won't go off until he releases the B button.

What about being able to cancel the move before the C4 explodes? That's more Minus's style.

Thor

What about being able to cancel the move before the C4 explodes? That's more Minus's style.

That'd work too, but it'd be extremely similar to PM [not that my idea isn't]. It's also require some other input string, instead of just holding the button down.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
So what if everyone had Fox's air dodge? It would give the whole cast a ton of new options with wave-landing and could be used as a recovery mix-up for characters with bad recoveries. as a side note, Fox's current air-dodge gives more horizontal momentum that Captain Falcon's Up Special with reversed momentum. That should probably be fixed...

Also, Bent, since this is about to be a controversial topic, can we get a poll?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Jumping in because I actually enter tournaments for multiple Smash games rather regularly, and can link a variety of YouTube videos of me at various tournaments if you don't believe me : D

If you actually think that, you either have no idea how Brawl and Smash 4 work, or just not very bright. Or maybe both, but I'll kindly assume the former.

If you'd like help dealing with airdodges [and knowing when they're good and when they're bad, as well as how to bait and/or punish them], you can feel free to ask in another part of the forum [I don't think that's the sort of thing we discuss here, but you could probably put it in the general discussion of Brawl Minus very easily!]. Feel free to tag me and I can explain stuff too [I don't always see everything that goes on here >_>].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request: while I don't think we're allowed to rip off PM, a variation on a PM-exclusive idea could be quite interesting, so I'll suggest it [warning: might be infeasible].

I suggest that in Brawl Minus, a quick press and release functions normally, but otherwise, the C4 won't go off until he releases the B button. This could make for interesting setups/option coverage in a 2v1, or be used if you successfully stick someone as an airdodge read of sorts [setting it off when they can airdodge, but deliberately holding the button to wait out an airdodge].

It's a really silly idea, yes, but if it's not too tough, it adds a bit of extra flair to Snake. While it necessarily constitutes a buff [because more options and stuff], I think it's so extremely minor it can be justified pretty easily, and makes the move more Minus-y than just "yeah the explosion KOs earlier now."
An Idea I was gonna meke for Snakes C4 was so the first explosion stuns for ZSS's stun effect and the c4 stays on the person for a couple seconds before disappearing and can be exploded normally the second time. I know that you can make it so the C4 doesn't disappear after exploding since I've seen mods with it but idk how to do it in PSA. Right now I don't think Snake getting a sticky is rewarding enough.

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
There's no need, Wavedashing outside of the select few that already have it is not going to be a thing.

BOO! Give everyone crouchdashing instead please even though you have to alter alot of crouches. Definitely worth as it adds another movement option to everyone.

So what if everyone had Fox's air dodge? It would give the whole cast a ton of new options with wave-landing and could be used as a recovery mix-up for characters with bad recoveries. as a side note, Fox's current air-dodge gives more horizontal momentum that Captain Falcon's Up Special with reversed momentum. That should probably be fixed...

Also, Bent, since this is about to be a controversial topic, can we get a poll?

As much as I love the options wavedashing gives in PM, I don't think it fits within Minus' style outside of a few characters. I would like to see wavelanding for Wolf though.

Also on the topic of wavedashing, is there any chance Luigi can get a pseudo-wavedash like Wolf has? Or at least some way to take advantage of his inherent slidiness?

I play with a lot of Melee and Smash 4 players, and the Melee players always complain about the floatier gravity whenever I bring out Minus. I know a couple Melee Fox mains who complain about the Fox's timing in Minus as well. Not sure what they mean by that specifically since I hardly ever play Fox, but I would like to see Minus Fox be able to go full 20XX.

Thor

An Idea I was gonna meke for Snakes C4 was so the first explosion stuns for ZSS's stun effect and the c4 stays on the person for a couple seconds before disappearing and can be exploded normally the second time. I know that you can make it so the C4 doesn't disappear after exploding since I've seen mods with it but idk how to do it in PSA. Right now I don't think Snake getting a sticky is rewarding enough.

I think sticking people is extremely rewarding, it's just that so many options are that by comparison sticks aren't amazing in this game... but it's functionally a command grab in that you can stick through shields, correct?
As much as I love the options wavedashing gives in PM, I don't think it fits within Minus' style outside of a few characters. I would like to see wavelanding for Wolf though.

Also on the topic of wavedashing, is there any chance Luigi can get a pseudo-wavedash like Wolf has? Or at least some way to take advantage of his inherent slidiness?

I play with a lot of Melee and Smash 4 players, and the Melee players always complain about the floatier gravity whenever I bring out Minus. I know a couple Melee Fox mains who complain about the Fox's timing in Minus as well. Not sure what they mean by that specifically since I hardly ever play Fox, but I would like to see Minus Fox be able to go full 20XX.

Fox jump height was screwed with really badly in the last patch. It makes short hop dair autocancel but most of his other aerials from shorthops are just bad [haven't tested fair but that's super awkward regardless] and makes shorthop lasers suck too.

He felt much more natural in 3.Q and 4.0B.