Community Request Thread for the next version after 4.0BC

Since I can't remember (and/or didn't check), is Future Sight only on a timer, or does it automatically go off if an opponent touches it [like Snake mines]?

A bit of both. It does nothing for a second or two, and opponents can freely walk through it. Then the purple GFX show up, and it goes off on contact.

Kymaera K1ng

A PMCC player
I play with Tap Jump Off, and I have my C-Stick set to Attack. I play on the Wii.

It happens to me, and I don't understand why. I've even gone into practice to test it out, and sure enough Roy's F-Air Cancel can only work before the doublejump, and if so it counts as a doublejump. It's frustrating to say the least.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THIS DOENT HEPPEN FOR ANYONE ELSE PLEASE PROVIDE FOOTAGE

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT THIS DOENT HEPPEN FOR ANYONE ELSE PLEASE PROVIDE FOOTAGE

*sigh* First off, I can't provide footage unless I had a sufficient computer to run Dolphin-which I don't. The only other option left is for me to video tape replayers of when it happens, but that might be too low quality (nonetheless, it's something to provide). Secondly, I get the fact that it doesn't happen for anyone else. I don't understand why it happens to me and not you or anyone else. Again, need to get the footage to satisfy y'all. It doesn't help that I now have a full-time job on top of full time college, so I can't focus on it as I would like to. Otherwise, everyone please calm down. I'm doing the best I can to get this glitch to light.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
*sigh* First off, I can't provide footage unless I had a sufficient computer to run Dolphin-which I don't. The only other option left is for me to video tape replayers of when it happens, but that might be too low quality (nonetheless, it's something to provide). Secondly, I get the fact that it doesn't happen for anyone else. I don't understand why it happens to me and not you or anyone else. Again, need to get the footage to satisfy y'all. It doesn't help that I now have a full-time job on top of full time college, so I can't focus on it as I would like to. Otherwise, everyone please calm down. I'm doing the best I can to get this glitch to light.
If it's difficult for you to provide video footage, couldn't you just upload a Replay .bin file, and have it converted into proper video format by one of our forum members with the ability to do so?

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
I noticed that there's a lot of things that are improperly pathed. For example some costumes lead to the wrong color like yellow gnw is actually green gnw, obviously there is more. Why not release another patch to fix up these issues like the yoshi story mismatch and some random character stock icons being improper. It could also be used to fix other known bugs if work is done. It also shows that you guys care about the community and gives us some hope before final release.

Tl;dr: Release more patches before final to patch up commonly known bugs please :).

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
Nerf Foxes dash attack so it doesn't consistently connect into itself but compensate it by giving it a shine cancel

Jigglypuff's side taunt should be reverted to Gravity from 4.0b.

Gravity was a huge part of Jiggs' edgeguarding game, with particular mention to matchups against characters whose recovery also had the potential to do heavy damage and/or meteor (e.g. spacies, pika, marth, etc.)

While I can see the counterargument revolving around the controversy that is the windbox, its huge startup and long endlag make it easily punishable if the opponent has basic spacing knowledge.

(Regardless of that, the current taunt always faces to the left, which makes it worthless outside of a few niche cases. The only circumstance I've had come up more than once is disrespecting off of sing, which can be much better handled via throws or even rest.)

-----
-----

Let Peach use other specials out of Side-B without having to constantly worry about not activating Toad every time.

I don't know if this may just be a bug, but unless Peach starts her specials really late into Bomber, it always results in using neutral B.
From a balance standpoint, I'd still recommend not allowing Bomber -> Bomber, because there are some really broken shenanigans that come from that.

-----
-----

Heavily slow down Olimar's Side-B speed

Olimar has been honestly sleeper OP for a while, with Pluck X number of Pikmin -> Side-B every Pikmin -> Win being a completely unstoppable strategy provided the Olimar can remember to refresh Pikmin every once in a while. It has come to the point where Olimar has been banned at my locals and even in friendlies.

My proposal would be to add something along the lines of 8-9 more frames of endlag between throws, allowing the Pikmin to still be used as intended.

The few times I've seen Olimar used on stream, Pin Clock played him like he is in the other games, with which I have no issue, but that doesn't prevent others from cheesing.

Mariosonicman1

can we have Roys idle animation thats seen in smash 4? its such a nice idle animation.

as for a stage request. think we can have the current final frusteration rock around a bit more then it does? i miss the chaotic nature of final frusteration from previous builds.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'd like to see the timer for charging Wario's Crate be made longer. The reason for this is so there is a bigger window to use the non fully charged waft. Right now, you can only use it between 30-40 seconds of a fresh charge.
Alternately, you could make Wario's crate into a "hidden" move -- "At full gas charge, press [button combo] to use the Crate, or just press Special to use the penultimate Waft." That way, there would be no downside to having a full gas charge, and you would not be rushed to use the penultimate Waft. I'm no Wario main, but I don't find the Crate to be very useful or reliable... I'd rather have access to a powerful Waft.

Request list updated.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Alternately, you could make Wario's crate into a "hidden" move -- "At full gas charge, press [button combo] to use the Crate, or just press Special to use the penultimate Waft." That way, there would be no downside to having a full gas charge, and you would not be rushed to use the penultimate Waft.
Not confirming or denying this or anything, but since MAX we've been trying to reduce the [button combo] things, and are hesitant to add more "Tap/Hold" things at this point as well.

snuffychris605

Your Resident Charizard Main, who also plays Link
Id Like to Request something for Falcon and Ganondorf. It could apply to other characters as well. Let Ganondorf and Falcon B-Reverse Falcon Kick/Wizards Foot. Dont you hate when your turned the wrong way off stage and falcon kick right into the blastzone? I do. It also gives us some creative combos for Falcon.

Dusk

Equals Trash
Playtester
Increase the skill ceiling of some characters please so that there are more characters that actually take mechanical skill to perform well with.

Rejnka

Certified All-Natural Pinkan Berry Saleschu
Increase the skill ceiling of some characters please so that there are more characters that actually take mechanical skill to perform well with.
Fox or Wolf. Also, Minus is meant to be FUN.

It might be nice to give Jigglypuff a real Neutral-B.

baltarc

Mario: Implement his "So long, gay Bowser" voice line from Mario 64. Maybe activate it when the player taunts while using back throw.

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
can we have Roys idle animation thats seen in smash 4? its such a nice idle animation.

as for a stage request. think we can have the current final frusteration rock around a bit more then it does? i miss the chaotic nature of final frusteration from previous builds.

^ This. It probably won't happen, as the animations from what I've seen won't be changed by the dev team unless it pertains to balancing and or making characters more ridiculous. However, I'm down for this change if that happens.

Just for fun: let Ike cancel Quick Draw into a taunt.

OMFG YES. A mid-air "Prepare Yourself" would make my day and then some. xD

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
List updated.

BTW, I'd like to remind everyone that you can still voice support for REJECTED Requests, ask me to put up POLLs for them, etc..

They won't be the "prime directive" of this thread, but if there's enough interest in certain Requests, perhaps someone will implement them eventually... At any rate, it's useful to know what the players want, even if those desires are unlikely to be fulfilled anytime soon, or ever.

K

Karbon

i have been working on improving kongo jungle, the changes i made remove the graininess in the song on it (File download below!), and the other thing gives the stage 3d characters, which instead, is a code: 046CF700 48000014

Attachments

• R03.brstm
    6.7 MB · Views: 494