Brawl- Zeus EX- New version of Zeus, one of the best underrated mods.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I've tried this mod out and, just wanted to say, I am hopping on the Zeus bandwagon. This game is much more interesting, imo. It plays similar to Minus and Smash 4 because there is no L-canceling from what I can tell and most characters cant wave-dash, but the cast seems to be built more like PM characters.

Characters have unique traits and larger movesets thanks to certain button inputs and differing grounded and aerial specials for some characters. But, unlike in Minus, the new traits and moves aren't pushing the limits of absurdity (which is the goal of Minus that unfortunately deters many players from playing). Furthermore, recoveries are not EXTREMELY strong (as they are in Minus) and ledge hogging seems to be just as effective as it is in PM, making for more traditional edge guarding where gimping is possible; in Minus, gimps aren't to common unless fighting characters like Ganon or Ness who have weak recoveries by that game's standards .

I also enjoy the absence of spot dodges. It takes away a defensive option, making the game a bit more favorable of aggressive play in close quarters.

I'm sure the game has its flaws since its a mod with a small dev team. However, I look forward to digging deep into this game and learning what all the characters are capable of. I prefer Zeus greatly over Minus so far, and I've only played it for a day. Lol

Last edited:

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
I've tried this mod out and, just wanted to say, I am hopping on the Zeus bandwagon. This game is much more interesting, imo. It plays similar to Minus and Smash 4 because there is no L-canceling from what I can tell and most characters cant wave-dash, but the cast seems to be built more like PM characters.

Characters have unique traits and larger movesets thanks to certain button inputs and differing grounded and aerial specials for some characters. But, unlike in Minus, the new traits and moves aren't pushing the limits of absurdity (which is the goal of Minus that unfortunately deters many players from playing. Furthermore, recoveries are not EXTREMELY strong (as they are in Minus) and ledge hogging seems to be just as effective as it is in PM, making for more traditional edge guarding where gimping is possible; in Minus, gimps aren't to common unless fighting characters like Ganon or Ness who have weak recoveries by that game's standards .

I also enjoy the absence of spot dodges. It takes away a defensive option, making the game a bit more favorable of aggressive play in close quarters.

I'm sure the game has its flaws since its a mod with a small dev team. However, I look forward to digging deep into this game and learning what all the characters are capable of. I prefer Zeus greatly over Minus so far, and I've only played it for a day. Lol
It makes me so happy that people are actually starting to play this since my role as a Zeus Spokesperson. I want to see more and more people play it...

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Not gonna lie, this mod is extremely fun. The new characters are actually pretty fun to play as, with a few exceptions.(whatever that girl from Touhou's name is) The way the game is focused more around aggressive play is much better than Minus's super defensive style. I might jump on the bandwagon for this if there's enough ppl, and if the mod's got online in this build. I'm lookin at playin Ryu(those dodge taunts are so fun and broken XD), my man Yoshi(Smash 64 Bair for Minus, please? =3), and Lyn, who's probably the most fun sword character in this mod. Really lookin forward to playing this mod a lot more, and learning the characters to the fullest.

Also, just a heads up... the files seem to have disappeared from Mediafire today. Someone might want to get that checked out.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
Not gonna lie, this mod is extremely fun. The new characters are actually pretty fun to play as, with a few exceptions.(whatever that girl from Touhou's name is) The way the game is focused more around aggressive play is much better than Minus's super defensive style. I might jump on the bandwagon for this if there's enough ppl, and if the mod's got online in this build. I'm lookin at playin Ryu(those dodge taunts are so fun and broken XD), my man Yoshi(Smash 64 Bair for Minus, please? =3), and Lyn, who's probably the most fun sword character in this mod. Really lookin forward to playing this mod a lot more, and learning the characters to the fullest.

Also, just a heads up... the files seem to have disappeared from Mediafire today. Someone might want to get that checked out.
Im uploading new versions right now :). Only changed the stage variety for tournament play.

I have been playing with zeus and its contents since the 2.4 days and this new version is the best yet all the characters are so fun that I have no main (asides from maybe cloud if it was not for his weird wall jump I'll look in to his PSA files concerning that) and the fact that it is a lovely baby born from Project M and Brawl Minus is just jaw dropping levels of awesome ( for anyone that has not downloade this yet I would suggest going to the glitches thread for a fixed gct file that repairs the shield holding issue that you may have from the initial download).

Turk Injaydii

Anyone looking to get into this game should message ThePoisonMirage for his build. It has a WAY better stage selection. He added FoD, Yoshi's Island, Yoshi's Story, BF, Lavender Town, Warioland from PM, Dreamland, Yoshi's Island 64, and maybe a couple more...which beats the hell out of the regular build that only has like 5 unique stages and 20'ish omega stages, lol

Thor

I've heard in the past it has L-cancelling, and some aerials just feel weird [Falcon, for all his other shenanigans, can't SH dair safely in this as far as I can tell, but Ganondorf can, which just seems wrong]. If someone can confirm or deny definitively that the game has L-cancelling, that'd be nice, because some aerials just seem laggy and others don't.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
I've heard in the past it has L-cancelling, and some aerials just feel weird [Falcon, for all his other shenanigans, can't SH dair safely in this as far as I can tell, but Ganondorf can, which just seems wrong]. If someone can confirm or deny definitively that the game has L-cancelling, that'd be nice, because some aerials just seem laggy and others don't.
From what i see and have tested their is not L-Canceling

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
I have been playing with zeus and its contents since the 2.4 days and this new version is the best yet all the characters are so fun that I have no main (asides from maybe cloud if it was not for his weird wall jump I'll look in to his PSA files concerning that) and the fact that it is a lovely baby born from Project M and Brawl Minus is just jaw dropping levels of awesome ( for anyone that has not downloade this yet I would suggest going to the glitches thread for a fixed gct file that repairs the shield holding issue that you may have from the initial download).
The newest download in my post has a updated gct and download for Homebrew/Hackless in form of a All-In-One Package. I'm also editing it right now with a netplay build.

Nandino

Oh my god. Yes. Holy crap I love this mod, it just got over shadowed by project M by my friends. I can't wait to show them this. Quick Question, why are all the Dark pit colors the same? are there just no recolors for him yet?

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
Oh my god. Yes. Holy crap I love this mod, it just got over shadowed by project M by my friends. I can't wait to show them this. Quick Question, why are all the Dark pit colors the same? are there just no recolors for him yet?
I guess n lol. From what i see there isnt, but im currently getting all this fixed

Sinaladel

Has anyone tested out the Isaac files in the mod yet? I see them and he seems like he would play fine, but I don't want to have to do a fresh install of the mod when I'm done with it. If anyone has tested it tell me if it works please. He's an Ike clone so I'd much rather have Isaac than Ike.
EDIT: I put in the Isaac files and renamed them all. Isaac is... Broken, to say the least. Every move but his side-B seems to work, but his side-B crashes the game on my Wii. Might work better on Dolphin. Hopefully Isaac is added soon though! He seems pretty fun to play.
Edit 2: His recovery is really nice! Sadly, Isaac has no limits on his recovery and can use it infinite times, his up-B is the only special move that works. I think this is something similar to when Raichu's CSS files were placed in Brawl Minus 3.Q, something that may or may not have been accidental that gave players views into what's coming next. I, for one, very much like this and I'm excited to see stuff like this. Discovering Raichu's files and then Raichu getting announced days after was amazing for me, and I feel like Isaac will be amazing in the final build, but it's really nice to see this unpolished, broken version and it makes me feel better about myself as a modder because nothing starts out perfect and that's shown. What this means for me and the community is we have a broken character and a definite update coming.

Last edited:

Turk Injaydii

Has anyone tested out the Isaac files in the mod yet? I see them and he seems like he would play fine, but I don't want to have to do a fresh install of the mod when I'm done with it. If anyone has tested it tell me if it works please. He's an Ike clone so I'd much rather have Isaac than Ike.
EDIT: I put in the Isaac files and renamed them all. Isaac is... Broken, to say the least. Every move but his side-B seems to work, but his side-B crashes the game on my Wii. Might work better on Dolphin. Hopefully Isaac is added soon though! He seems pretty fun to play.
Edit 2: His recovery is really nice! Sadly, Isaac has no limits on his recovery and can use it infinite times, his up-B is the only special move that works. I think this is something similar to when Raichu's CSS files were placed in Brawl Minus 3.Q, something that may or may not have been accidental that gave players views into what's coming next. I, for one, very much like this and I'm excited to see stuff like this. Discovering Raichu's files and then Raichu getting announced days after was amazing for me, and I feel like Isaac will be amazing in the final build, but it's really nice to see this unpolished, broken version and it makes me feel better about myself as a modder because nothing starts out perfect and that's shown. What this means for me and the community is we have a broken character and a definite update coming.

I've been praying a new update was coming ever since I saw how low-quality Little Mac is. He looks like he's still in early development. Animations are bad, model looks sub-par, and he obviously hasn't been balanced well because KO punch kills at like 5%, he keeps it till use, AND they made his recovery exponentially better...all of which makes him too OP.

Ryu, while done well for the most part, needs his hadouken worked on. The projectile looks bad, travels VERY fast, and is VERY spammable due to virtually no start up or cool down. Other projectiles like Falco lasers and Mario's double fireball on the ground look great and aren't spammable, so I hope they'll balance it more.

Sinaladel

I've been praying a new update was coming ever since I saw how low-quality Little Mac is. He looks like he's still in early development. Animations are bad, model looks sub-par, and he obviously hasn't been balanced well because KO punch kills at like 5%, he keeps it till use, AND they made his recovery exponentially better...all of which makes him too OP.

Ryu, while done well for the most part, needs his hadouken worked on. The projectile looks bad, travels VERY fast, and is VERY spammable due to virtually no start up or cool down. Other projectiles like Falco lasers and Mario's double fireball on the ground look great and aren't spammable, so I hope they'll balance it more.
Yeah, little Mac definitely needs work, I didn't notice Ryu's hadouken was like that (but once I tested it, yeah you're right (also I've been playing Ryu for about 5 hours now and I still haven't used that too much so I will probably just stay away from that t0 not be that guy)). With something like this in the files we better have an update before I go crazy and finish Isaac myself. This mod needs more work, but it's the best and most fun Brawl mod I've played (This > PM in my opinion)

Sinaladel

There used to be a trailer for one of the older zeus builds. Does anyone have it? I've been looking for it forever (trust me this is kind of relevent if someone can find it)
This exists, if you were looking for proof of Isaac that helps. I'm looking for the trailer now though, I'll keep looking into it. I'll edit this post if I find it.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber
Yeah, little Mac definitely needs work, I didn't notice Ryu's hadouken was like that (but once I tested it, yeah you're right (also I've been playing Ryu for about 5 hours now and I still haven't used that too much so I will probably just stay away from that t0 not be that guy)). With something like this in the files we better have an update before I go crazy and finish Isaac myself. This mod needs more work, but it's the best and most fun Brawl mod I've played (This > PM in my opinion)
Yo can you send me those Issac files? Also join the Zeus discord, many Zeus lovers and people are wanting to finish the mod (aka Im the leader of it). If your a modder, we need as many people as we can get

Thor

His recovery is still bad and I'm pretty sure I've hit him to make him lose KO punch more than a few times... also KO punch not KOing at very close to 0 is kind of silly to me [it was advertised as an OHKO >_>], so if they made it KO earlier than Smash 4 that's probably a good thing.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I've been on the Zeus for a while.

REAL 2.x HOURS WHO'S UP

Darxmarx I have a tendency of pinging him because zoos

herigato

Hello everybody. The newest version of Zeus JUST came out last night, and it is possibly one of the best versions of Zeus, maybe even Brawl Mods ever. Basically if you dont know Zeus is a mix of Minus and PM, making a child of epic proportions. Thanks to the wonderful Glitch for porting this wonderful version of Zeus to the US. This new version adds characters such as Shadow, Ryu, Waluigi, Cloud and MUCH more. There will be a provided link to a screenshot of the Character Selection Screen with EVERY new character. If you would like to download Brawl- Zeus EX, download links will be below, also this game has a ultimate system for most of it's characters, all ultimates and how you do them can be found here.

All-In-One Zeus EX - Please read the readme included for clarification on installing this hack

Zeus EX Netplay Build - For this build it is not tested, I need to know anything you guys find, if anything causes desyncs or if things look different from the All-In-One Zeus EX Build.

We also have a Discord for Zeus if you would like to join, Please click the link below:
https://discord.gg/012rKP1lIucDBDh4B

If you have any problems please let me know and i hope everyone enjoys the greatness that is Zeus.
I play this mod on wii and i've been excited but this have a some glitches, classic mode freezes the game and character can't use a final smash like marissa and others please fix the errors

Turk Injaydii

His recovery is still bad and I'm pretty sure I've hit him to make him lose KO punch more than a few times... also KO punch not KOing at very close to 0 is kind of silly to me [it was advertised as an OHKO >_>], so if they made it KO earlier than Smash 4 that's probably a good thing.

No its not, lol. No where near as bad as it is in Smash 4. His recovery is better than Cpt Falcon and Ganondorf in some instances. Up b is still bad, but it better be considering how good side b is now. He can side b, jump, then side b or up b. And side b covers SOOOOOO much distance now. And I haven't lost KO punch once. So you'll need to confirm that to support your side rather than saying. "I'm pretty sure its happened" lol.

Having a OHKO move that confirms out of grab is broken. At 0-10% (maybe even more of range) you can dthrow, dtilt, KO punch. I'll need to play with another person to see if you can SDI out; hopefully you can. If not, that's preeeeetty bananas.

Thor

No its not, lol. No where near as bad as it is in Smash 4. His recovery is better than Cpt Falcon and Ganondorf in some instances. Up b is still bad, but it better be considering how good side b is now. He can side b, jump, then side b or up b. And side b covers SOOOOOO much distance now. And I haven't lost KO punch once. So you'll need to confirm that to support your side rather than saying. "I'm pretty sure its happened" lol.

Having a OHKO move that confirms out of grab is broken. At 0-10% (maybe even more of range) you can dthrow, dtilt, KO punch. I'll need to play with another person to see if you can SDI out; hopefully you can. If not, that's preeeeetty bananas.

I missed the fact that he can jump out of side+B. That would explain why you think his recovery is so much better [because it is >_>].

So when I first played against Mac [just an AI], I either always somehow hit them before KO punch startup, and they lost it, or thought that they lost it because it sometimes doesn't display for a while when being launched, and they were KO'd. Awkward.

I am not sure why they built him as he is, but I would assume it's because if you intercept his side+b, he still has to do a very obvious jump that can be intercepted [and it's not like his side+B is fast], and while he can punch early, his punch sends him rocketing downward. I still think he has a mediocre recovery, but it is definitely better than Smash 4.

Does anyone remember where that guide on super taunts is? They still seem to be in because I've seen extremely high percents where the sparkles occur, but I don't know how to set it off.

Turk Injaydii

I missed the fact that he can jump out of side+B. That would explain why you think his recovery is so much better [because it is >_>].

So when I first played against Mac [just an AI], I either always somehow hit them before KO punch startup, and they lost it, or thought that they lost it because it sometimes doesn't display for a while when being launched, and they were KO'd. Awkward.

I am not sure why they built him as he is, but I would assume it's because if you intercept his side+b, he still has to do a very obvious jump that can be intercepted [and it's not like his side+B is fast], and while he can punch early, his punch sends him rocketing downward. I still think he has a mediocre recovery, but it is definitely better than Smash 4.

Does anyone remember where that guide on super taunts is? They still seem to be in because I've seen extremely high percents where the sparkles occur, but I don't know how to set it off.

We'll definitely have to test it out more. I like Mac keeping KO punch till use, I just think it should be blockable and only kill around 30-50% depending on character weight.

As for his recovery, I definitely agree its just mediocre. As you referenced, its one of the easiest to intercept due to its linear nature. However, its still respectable and has a lot of mix up potential since he can jump out of the side b.

I just hope we get "Zeus Ex 2.0' with a more polished Mac, a finished Isaac, and balancing.

ThePoisonMirage

The Labber

Look in the original post in the paragraph at the last sentence. Thats where all the ultimates lie.