Project Ganondorf

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
While it's true that it was necro'd, the post in question was actually still relevant to the topic and opened up discussion again. It wasn't just a random comment that added nothing
I had a discussion with Bent on this and I agree. Also, Bent was like 2 days short of actually necroing the topic by this forums definitions.
Also, I want this Dorf so bad. It looks beautiful.
I agree but it ain't gonna happen. Might work on making a custom build with this when I'm done with Knuckles.

Mohl

Count me in wanting this ganon too.

Sword ganon and STAGE CLEAR are my mains for PM and it makes me sad because I know I'll never be in a competition.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
I'd just like to say that since joining this forum, I've never seen this many folks in our small community all say they want the same thing in Minus. Additionally, its something you already have approval to use. You don't have any time constraints and I believe I speak for many when I say we would GLADLY wait however long it takes to implement this content into the game.

C'mon guys. Come through for your fans and make this happen. It would be indescribably epic! SO DO IT!!!!!!!! :D

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
As much as I would like to see a sword and magic based Ganondorf, I just don't see it happening in Minus without him being unnecessarily broken or shit.

SSB Crusade did it well though, you should try that if you want a Sword Ganon experience.

Turk Injaydii

As much as I would like to see a sword and magic based Ganondorf, I just don't see it happening in Minus without him being unnecessarily broken or shit.

SSB Crusade did it well though, you should try that if you want a Sword Ganon experience.

Eh, it could be balanced to work. Just like all the other absurdity you all have put in. If you don't want to do it, that's one thing. [and if that's the case, we'll all just have to be disappointed and respect it] But claiming it couldn't be done is just silly.

Turk Injaydii

]

You said right here that it couldn't be done.

I never said it couldn't.

I said it wouldn't work. Not with what we have going for him; not to mention relearning a character again for any reason sucks.

Again...meh. Just an excuse not to do something the fans want. Phantom Ganon from Project Ganondorf could be implemented as a separate character just as he is intended to be, and Minus'dorf could remain a separate, untouched character.If yall don't want to do it, there is some projected release date yall want 4.0f out by and there's no time to put this in, or some other real reason... just say it, lol. Would respect you more for saying it outright than beating around the bush

snidbert63

Certified n00b
I never said it couldn't.

I said it wouldn't work. Not with what we have going for him; not to mention relearning a character again for any reason sucks.
In PG, it seems, there are two Ganons. The first is essentially vanilla Ganondorf, except his dtaunt switches him to sword mode. The other is an entirely new Magic-based Ganon. There is no reason why you couldn't at the very least add the sword mode to Minus Ganondorf. (Also the Magic Ganon would be cool but I would settle for either.)

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom

While I would like to see some LoZ-inspired moves on Ganondorf, and despite me being the only Ganondorf main on the dev team, ultimately it's not my decision, but the decision of the entire team.

Turk Injaydii

While I would like to see some LoZ-inspired moves on Ganondorf, and despite me being the only Ganondorf main on the dev team, ultimately it's not my decision, but the decision of the entire team.

I understand. And I thank you for taking the time to reply. Hopefully the MDT will consider adding this in given the community feedback in favor of its inclusion. Ultimately, I understand this is a volunteer project, you all have lives outside of Minus, and I don't know when you all plan to be done since this is the last major release of the game. I'll just keep my fingers crossed that the forum's feedback is seriously taken into consideration, and not ignored by the rest of the team. Again, thanks for the response. :)

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Looks like version 2.0 is out! Grab it here and check it out.
I would, except that I can't extract the .rar file! And I can't get a program for that, because I'm just a high schooler and I don't have Administrator privileges on any computer! What now?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I would, except that I can't extract the .rar file! And I can't get a program for that, because I'm just a high schooler and I don't have Administrator privileges on any computer! What now?
Your school's computers don't have any unzipping programs, like winRAR or 7zip?

All I know to suggest is to find a computer that you can install 7zip on, and unzip the .rar file using that. [more unzipping programs]

Or you could ask your teacher how to unzip a .rar file.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I hope you don't mean at home because limited computers suuuuuck.

snidbert63

Certified n00b
Your school's computers don't have any unzipping programs, like winRAR or 7zip?

All I know to suggest is to find a computer that you can install 7zip on, and unzip the .rar file using that. [more unzipping programs]

Or you could ask your teacher how to unzip a .rar file.
I'm actually homeschooled. And I've asked my dad and I think he might just install winRAR or something on his computer. Alternatively, I can get Minus, which is a .zip, instead of Project: G. Also, thank you both for responding to what was essentially a self-righteous whine.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Is anyone working on porting Project Ganondorf (in full or in part) to Minus?

Mario3785: You said in a profile post you had some success porting Project M Wario animations to Minus. Care to give this a try? Or at least share the guide you followed?

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
Is anyone working on porting Project Ganondorf (in full or in part) to Minus?

Mario3785: You said in a profile post you had some success porting Project M Wario animations to Minus. Care to give this a try? Or at least share the guide you followed?
Well, it would probably just be things that don't affect gameplay; the animations won't affect damage or hitboxes.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
That's a start. Which guide(s) did you follow, if any?
I didn't follow any guides at all. I opened Project M Wario's FitWarioMotionEtc.pac and extracted the animations I desired. Then, I opened the vBrawl (or Brawl Minus) FitWarioMotionEtc.pac and replaced the animations.

snidbert63

Certified n00b