4.0b Lucario. The Aura Isn't With Him

Lucario's Future?

• Keep him without aura. He doesn't need it to be great.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Return aura and balance it. It makes him unique.

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • A less one dimensional Lucario rebuild would be nice.

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Say what you will about the aura. Some might call it a happy accident. One thing is for sure though, and that's the fact that Lucario does well even without aura. Some of us are partial to just leaving him as he is and fixing bugs and other things that he might have working in unintended ways, while others want to return and rebalance his aura.

In my mind, aura is what makes Lucario stand out. It makes him a character who you want to try and finish off as early as possible before he becomes an overwhelming force, and that adds to the excitement of fighting him to me. That said, I've always been the Lucario dominating everyone else, so I have no idea what it feels like to actually fight against him. I dislike how he previously didn't have to try to kill of the top. It was just braindead to always fish for utilt chains into uair chains, into up B uair for the quick kill. I personally miss the more precise and defensive Lucario from Vbrawl where he had a bit to worry about and couldn't always blindly rush in with incredible speed and disjoints with true combos everywhere. I've had a rebuild of Lucario ready that may need slight balancing, where he needs to use more of his moveset to make the most of his character. No one in the BR other than myself and Sammi ever use Lucario though, so that vote to change is sitting at a solid 50/50 between us.

What do you all think?

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
Definitely want to see a new Lucario. In the gameplay from the 6th anniversary tourney, he looked incredibly OP, even by Minus's standards. I'd like to see a Lucario that isn't so incredibly dominant. Its just CRAZY what he can do.