Brawl Minus 4.0 Changelog Preview!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mariosonicman1

You could just... Not use the other two hits so you can act sooner. Making all 3 hit would require damage lowering so it isn't stupid, since he is already pretty dang strong.
well then the question is whats the use of the other two hits if they are super tough to use? they can jump over them after the first attack is used, and they can easily air dodge the hits if your trying to edgeguard with em, so im wondering if im missing something about them, or if they can be improved slightly for the better.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
You can charge the other two hits as well. They're mostly for hard reads, not for reliability.

Thor

Snake's fsmash has 3 explosions, and as Gold_TSG mentioned, you can charge the extra hits.

I assume you know that angling Snake's fsmash causes a chain of explosions. What you may not have known is that you can angle it on ANY of the three explosions that normally happen, so you can do the first one just in place [or the first two], then make the second or third one the chain of explosions outward.

Mariosonicman1

Snake's fsmash has 3 explosions, and as Gold_TSG mentioned, you can charge the extra hits.

I assume you know that angling Snake's fsmash causes a chain of explosions. What you may not have known is that you can angle it on ANY of the three explosions that normally happen, so you can do the first one just in place [or the first two], then make the second or third one the chain of explosions outward.
wait, so i can have the first part of the smash attack on the spot the third hit would attack on and vice versa? if that's so that changes everything.

Thor

wait, so i can have the first part of the smash attack on the spot the third hit would attack on and vice versa? if that's so that changes everything.

I do not understand this comment >_>

Essentially, if memory serves [this may not be accurate], you can do the following.

- One hit of Snake fsmash only, and in the normal spot.
- One hit of Snake fsmash only, but it's a chain of explosions [angle it up or down, direction doesn't matter].
- Two hits of Snake fsmash only, and in the normal spot both times.
- Two hits of Snake fsmash only, and in the normal spot the first time, the chain of explosions the second time.
- Three hits of Snake fsmash, all three in the normal spot
- Three hits of Snake fsmash, in the normal spot the first two times, the chain of explosions the third time.

EDIT: As Pin Clock stated below, once you do the chain of explosions, the move ends [you can't do something crazy like the chain of explosions 3 times consecutively - you'd need to go through fsmash startup 3 times for that].

Last edited:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
You cannot continue Snake's fSmash after the chain of explosions.

Thor

You cannot continue Snake's fSmash after the chain of explosions.

I could not remember exactly how the move functioned, but I will edit my post above to reflect that [to avoid spreading misinformation].

Thor

What about warlock punch?

I will say nothing beyond this: Bent doesn't agree with the current design philosophy behind Warlock Punch, or at least some of the changes that have been put in since it was made. There are original devs that also disagree with changes made to the move since, but suffice to say, if Bent or I or some of those people had a say, Warlock Punch would be changed somehow in 4.0 [although variations vary wildly, due to all kinds of ideas proposed by Bent in other sub-forums].

Does Luigi taunt actually OHKO? I don't like spikes in Minus on certain moves and not other moves [either there should be a real reason to make something a spike and then be consistent, or remove all spikes, at least in my opinion], but if any move deserved to be a spike, it'd probably be that one simply because of how hard it is to land it in a position where it will actually spike them...

Last edited:

FalconRPG

Smash Modder
Pin Clock Please tell me your team will take care of the CSP order next time, I just got into the game and I've noticed a handful of misplaced costume pics.

Mario3785

Enjoyer of Ironic Memes
I'm assuming 4.0f will have ASL, right? I've seen L and R variants in the files for Battlefield, and the Bowser's Castle alt seems to hint at that.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I'm assuming 4.0f will have ASL, right? I've seen L and R variants in the files for Battlefield, and the Bowser's Castle alt seems to hint at that.
IIRC, BrawlEx is incompatible with ASL. Also, will vBrawl CSPs for Lucario and co. be recolored to match the costumes replaced?

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Not sure if I should necropost in the Sonic D-Air thread, or post this here, where the most recent discussion is... Going with the latter.

Someone finally posted video footage that happens to show Sonic's overpowered OHKO D-Air in action.

Notice how little damage Diddy has, and how he cannot act out of the hitstun before he hits the bottom blast zone.

Disregard Sonic's suicide; he can normally save himself after using D-Air.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
Regarding release date for 4.0f...I dont expect you guys to give us a date right now..but can we be confident that it will release by the end of 2016?

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
Regarding release date for 4.0f...I dont expect you guys to give us a date right now..but can we be confident that it will release by the end of 2016?
Isn't it obvious? We'll get it on April 4th, 4444 at 4:44.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
i think you mean june 6, 2016. cause that would be like... 3 sixes in one date. its the perfect time to release minus
Too soon. No way 4.0f will be done in a mere two months.

I wish 666 wasn't so heavily associated with Minus. It's not a positive association at all...

32-66 damage with more flexibility would have been better IMO. Oh well.

Turk Injaydii

Brawl Zeus Bandwagon-Rider
Too soon. No way 4.0f will be done in a mere two months.

I wish 666 wasn't so heavily associated with Minus. It's not a positive association at all...

32-66 damage with more flexibility would have been better IMO. Oh well.

Agreed. Why is that even a thing? I mean, I know Ganon's Warlock Punch deals 666% damage...but that's because its "The Number of the Beast." Something that's only relevant to Ganon. How did that become all encompassing of Minus?

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Agreed. Why is that even a thing? I mean, I know Ganon's Warlock Punch deals 666% damage...but that's because its "The Number of the Beast." Something that's only relevant to Ganon. How did that become all encompassing of Minus?
It's because 'Dorf is the Minus Mascot. He's on most Minus promotional material.

Status
Not open for further replies.