4.0 Discussion: Lucario's Aura

Do you want Lucario to have his aura ability?

• OMG Yes!

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • I don't see why not.

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Whatever

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • I'd rather him not.

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • OH GOD! PLEASE NO!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Farkus

Retired
How do you guys feel about Lucario's aura? Should it return? Should it be nerfed/buffed? Discuss it here.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
We've come to the revelation that Lucario will be harder to balance around Aura, and this is a serious thread for feedback. I just didn't make it because I'm busy.

I should add, we do like Lucario having a unique mechanic, and if you guys want it, we will most likely do it.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
Keep in mind that in 4.0b and in the tournament, lucario had no aura. In the developement build he does, and it is pretty batshit crazy to be honest. Lucario in the tournament was very very fun to play as, and never once did i wish i had aura. In addition, aura makes the concept of set combos entirely impossible. Lucario is already volatile enough, and i don't believe he needs to be any more volatile mid stock. At the very most, i would like to see stock aura remain. Though i am just as happy not having it at all.

It is much much harder to completely rebalance and redesign lucario around aura again than it is to simply take the focus from it. I'd rather keep my set combos, and not kill people in 3 hits unless i work to get that setup. Not because im absurdly strong.

Joeybeta

The birdcario community member
Playtester
As a Lucario player myself, I'm rather neutral about it to be honest. I'm happy with the way Lucario is at the moment, but if you want my hyperbolic thought on how aura would be on him, it would just be on very limited amount of his moves that would otherwise not interfere with combos. Like the obvious aura sphere and maybe smash attacks??? Well yea that's kinda my stance on it I guess.

Thor

I just want his Brawl fair where it effortlessly combo'd into itself back...