New Tournament! Minus After Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bluepears

There's a google form above where you submit your fc.

Also, registration will be closing at midnight EST today. We'll be randomizing the seeds and finalizing the bracket so y'all will be able to see your first round matchups tomorrow. If you won't be able to make it, be sure you tell us so we can remove you. Just to check, Doqtor Kirby you won't be available right?
Hey could you remove me from the challonge? it turns out I have plans tomorrow.. Sorry for the late notice and good luck to all yall who entered

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
Oh god I fight the winner of Darx and Bent.

Looks like Ima be going Falcon either way.
-----
What's the logistics of the seeding? Because earlier Pin was #1 seed.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
People have entred and dropped (I know, letting people in *gasp* so I'm pretty sure you'll be playing different people.
Oh god I fight the winner of Darx and Bent.

Looks like Ima be going Falcon either way.
-----
What's the logistics of the seeding? Because earlier Pin was #1 seed.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I'll be using this WiFi info:

Bent | 3141-3264-2114

EDIT: Didn't see the rule about checking in, so I missed the check-in window by 7 minutes. Great. :/

Last edited:

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Congrats BC.

You did really well too, Darx -- making it all the way to the Grand Finals like that. Great job.

Thanks for the practice matches earlier. I didn't get to participate in the tourney, but those matches were fun.

Also, props to Thor for actually winning a tournament match as Ganondorf.

Pin Clock: Can check-in be an hour long next time, instead of only 30 minutes?

Last edited:

Joeybeta

The birdcario community member
Playtester
Good job out there guys. All I learned from this is not to play Falco on wifi.

You think we can have a netplay tourney at some point?

BC

Momentum Based Player
Playtester
Can I just say that I never expected to win this whole thing? I thought from the start that either LB, Thor, or Darx was going to completely wreck me. XD

I'm happy I won, but I feel that if I had faced LB in bracket, the results may have been different. Just sayin.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom

We'be discovered issues with Dolphin emulation of Minus that cause Desynchs on netplay. If we can sort these out we will for sure consider a netplay tournament.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
We'be discovered issues with Dolphin emulation of Minus that cause Desynchs on netplay. If we can sort these out we will for sure consider a netplay tournament.
This isn't quite accurate. We've discovered issues with Dolphin which prevent Dolphin and Wii players from playing WiFi together, as certain moves for certain fighters cause desyncs. Dolphin netplay itself is completely functional (as is Dolphin-Dolphin WiFi play, if for some reason you want to do that).

Joeybeta

The birdcario community member
Playtester
Yes I solely mean Dolphin to Dolphin netplay. I don't believe(at least with the people I've played with) have ever had any desync issues at all for the past couple years and just basically assumed we've done everything right every time we play which is why we were satisfied with the stability as it is. I don't believe I've ever experimented Dolphin wifi to Wii wifi in the past and that wasn't what I was getting at before.

Thor

I'm of the opinion Falco functions decently on Wi-Fi, but if you have someone you feel works better, by all means.

I need to figure out who I actually want to use, or else give up results in favor of showing off as many characters as possible...

Status
Not open for further replies.