New Tournament! Minus After Christmas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
dfdcfa47bc.png

Good tidings we bring, to you and your kin!

On the day after Christmas, December 26th, at 8PM EST/5PM PST, Brawl Minus will be holding its first official tournament! Put those skills you've been practicing to the test as you battle for honor, glory, and money! If you're as excited as we are, here's how you can sign up!

1. Register for the tournament here: http://brawlminus.challonge.com/tournaments/signup/hsgjxzqyrW
2. On December 26th from 7:30 PM EST/4:30PM PST-8:00 PM EST/5:00PM PST, check in for the tournament on the same link you used to register!
3. Go to the chat here to meet up with the other participants: https://forums.brawlminus.net/pages/chatroom/
4. Once the tournament starts, find your foes and play your games!

You will also be able to watch the tournament here! twitch.tv/BrawlMinus

NOTE: For this tournament, we will be playing over Wii Wifi. However, if there is an overwhelming demand for Netplay, we can use that instead.
Posting your Friend Code in this thread is advised.
If you are having trouble connecting to Wii Wifi, refer to the guide here: https://forums.brawlminus.net/threa...fi-post-wfc-shutdown-read-this-right-now.361/

NOTE: You must share your friend code here if you wish to appear on the stream! https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1cVLujSK_r089NWIRQXa73zc3M0ylECCSsk79ZCITJVE/viewform?usp=send_form

Now, for the rules!

• 1v1 Tournament, Brawl Minus 4.0b
  • Items are set to Off and None.
  • Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes respectively.
  • Regular sets are best of 3 matches. The semi-final and championship sets should be in best of 5 format.
  • Blatant stalling is prohibited. What is considered stalling is up to the Tournament Host to determine.
  • Chaingrabs are limited to 3 of the same throw in a row. (EX: Pichu dThrow)
  • Suicide Rule: If a match ends by both remaining players losing their last stock at the same time due to a suicide move (EX: Flame Choke, Galactic Crusher) then the initiator of the suicide move is considered the winner of the match regardless of what the results screen says, and no tiebreaker is played.
  • Blind Picks: the first character selection of a set must be without prior knowledge of the opponent's character selection for both players.
  • Dave's Stupid Rule: No player can counter pick a stage he or she has previously won on unless agreed upon by both players.
  • Gentleman's clause: any stage may be played on so long as both players agree to it, including banned stages. This can be used in tandem with Dave's Stupid Rule (DSR).
  • Timed out matches will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, replay that match with one life and 3 minutes of time, using the same characters on the same stage. Any Sudden Death match is strictly not to be played.
Stages
Round 1: Each player strikes 2 stages, and the last stage remaining is chosen. The strike order is 1-2-2-1. In other words, one person strikes one, the second person strikes twice, and the first strikes last.
Round 2: Counterpick stages can now be selected. The Winner of the last round strikes 3 stages, and the loser of round 1 can choose any remaining stage to play the second match on.

Starters:
  • Battlefield
  • Final Destination
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Smashville
  • Spear Pillar
Counterpicks:
  • Yoshi's Island (Brawl)
  • Lavander Town
  • Castle Siege
  • Fountain of Dreams
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Halberd
  • Warioware

And the prizes! These are the current prizes right now, but if we get a bigger turnabout we'll have bigger prizes!

1st place: $25
2nd place: $15
3rd place: $10

Prizes will be distributed via Paypal. If you do not have a Paypal account, you will not be able to receive your winnings in cash form, and an alternative will be offered. If this is an issue, please contact me about it and I will see what can be done. Do not share Paypal info until requested.

Looking forward to seeing you there, and may we all BREAK THE LIMITS into a happy new year!

Last edited:

vanity.

Hardcore will never die, but you will.
New bracket? Okay. Fine by me. Thanks for all the info!

You can probably see my FC.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Unless my work schedule changes at the last minute, I may actually be able to participate in this. I'm really rusty, though...

Will we be trying to finish all the matches in 1-2 days, or will the time limits to get matches done be lenient, like they were in BDOT?

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Unless my work schedule changes at the last minute, I may actually be able to participate in this. I'm really rusty, though...

Will we be trying to finish all the matches in 1-2 days, or will the time limits to get matches done be lenient, like they were in BDOT?
We're going to try and finish it all on the same day, especially since we're live streaming it.

GallyG

40 Secondaries
Damn. I'd love to enter or even just watch this, but I'll be on a bus to New York. I'll be sure to check out the VODs if they're available. Good luck to everyone!

Joeybeta

The birdcario community member
Playtester
Just as a suggestion if you can post a google form for people to input their FC and have a chart available to view them somewhere as well.

Thor

I lack a challonge account... as I requested on the other thread, can someone enter me into the bracket please? Just "Thor" will do.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I lack a challonge account... as I requested on the other thread, can someone enter me into the bracket please? Just "Thor" will do.
Pretty sure you can enter without one. If the website is making you get one, I recommend getting one since it will allow you to check in for the tournament on your own since you won't be fully entered into the bracket without checking in.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
The accounts are free and if you don't want to give out your email address you can always use a 10 minute mail.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
I'm confused. Didn't WiFi shut down a long time ago?

Last edited:

Valravn

Dang, I'll be traveling on the 26th. Will anyone be recording the matches? I'd like to watch the final, at least.

Destructo

Failure Incarnate
We connect to a different wifi server. If you have a friendcode from before the shutdown, you must delete your Brawl Save Data and then connect to wifi.
I see. Sucks that I'm gonna be away the 26th. It would be sweet to be in the first tournament for the best Brawl mod out there.

wetf

I have a question... From what I can see, Brawl- already has built in WiFi support, so will that work or...?

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I have a question... From what I can see, Brawl- already has built in WiFi support, so will that work or...?
Yes, Brawl- comes with its own wifi support. However, if you have received a friend code before vBrawl's wifi was shut down, you must wipe your save and then receive a new friend code while playing Brawl-.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
There's a google form above where you submit your fc.
4040-1037-7664 - signed up as Bluepears

Also, registration will be closing at midnight EST today. We'll be randomizing the seeds and finalizing the bracket so y'all will be able to see your first round matchups tomorrow. If you won't be able to make it, be sure you tell us so we can remove you. Just to check, Doqtor Kirby you won't be available right?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.