Brawl Minus 4.0b Bug Report Thread

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
You also have options like buffered roll and jump to air dodge to start the match if you're on a stage where Zelda can immediately jab you.

Valravn

It's a bit of a sticky situation because I'm not sure how to solve that problem. Maybe changing up stage starting locations, but I don't think it's a big enough problem to change how Zelda's ranged hitboxes work. I don't think anything can be done to change how quickly people can act out of the 'GO', but I'm no Brawl wizard.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Yeah you'd think one of those things would work absolutely, but when you need to think whether to grab, jump, or roll, it makes things difficult. Esp. if Zelda teleports BEHIND you. If I opt for the grab, she might go for more jabs. If I go for the roll, she could wait for me with a dsmash (if rolled to her side) or an fsmash (if I roll away). Go for the jump, and I may easily catch a lightning kick.

I don't think things should demand specific formulaic responses for them to be considered 'balanced' but that's just me.

We call them mind games and reading your opponent, as these are important to fighting any opponent. Consider their options, pick a counter option, and hope you picked right.

Thor

If you're playing serious, tournament-style games, ask for a neutral start. But this whole "Zelda has options when the game starts" shouldn't be an issue. Yes, she can theoretically cover all your options, but that's how the game works, similar to being tech-chased by Falcon. It's also quite difficult, especially for a slower character like Zelda.

Also, you can spotdodge stuff, and her grab is quite slow. But it's just about reacting and picking an option quickly, then making sure you don't always pick the same one.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
We call them mind games and reading your opponent, as these are important to fighting any opponent. Consider their options, pick a counter option, and hope you picked right.

Yes I'm sure you know I know about this concept.

I'm also sure you know that what I'm trying to get it at is that she shouldn't have a free hit at the beginning of a match in some stages or when playing with 3 or 4 players.

Lucis Perficio

If you're playing serious, tournament-style games, ask for a neutral start. But this whole "Zelda has options when the game starts" shouldn't be an issue. Yes, she can theoretically cover all your options, but that's how the game works, similar to being tech-chased by Falcon. It's also quite difficult, especially for a slower character like Zelda.

That's your opinion. Personally someone having a free hit at the beginning of the game is really unpolished imo.

Also, I've literally attempted every option in the match-up as have others and the only times we managed to get out if spawning next to Zelda is if Zelda messes up her input.

Valravn

Fox can laser you too. Most characters with projectiles can do this; it's been in every Smash game I've played, and I'm not sure there's a solution except giving people initial invulnerability.

Thor

That's your opinion. Personally someone having a free hit at the beginning of the game is really unpolished imo.

Also, I've literally attempted every option in the match-up as have others and the only times we managed to get out if spawning next to Zelda is if Zelda messes up her input.

It's only a free hit if you either don't powershield or powershield and then she reads your next option... that's called getting outplayed... which means I often get a free hit to start a lot of matches when I start with a SHDL as Falco <_<

Gold_TSG

Yes I'm sure you know I know about this concept.

I'm also sure you know that what I'm trying to get it at is that she shouldn't have a free hit at the beginning of a match in some stages or when playing with 3 or 4 players.

And I have reason to believe that this is only happening in certain stages with more than 2 people playing, thus making it FFA/Teams only, meaning you are putting yourself in this position by picking stages that put her on flat ground near you. You've been given solutions to this problem, and it's up to you to utilize them. She is definitely not likely not going to be changed because of where she spawns on the stage at the start.

Lucis Perficio

And I have reason to believe that this is only happening in certain stages with more than 2 people playing, thus making it FFA/Teams only, meaning you are putting yourself in this position by picking stages that put her on flat ground near you. You've been given solutions to this problem, and it's up to you to utilize them. She is definitely not likely not going to be changed because of where she spawns on the stage at the start.

Yes that's absolutely right. But you're implying that I have the stage pick every single time by that. If I don't pick the stage, I don't get to choose whether Zelda may or may not spawn near me.

As for someone like Fox, yeah, I understand, his lasers have transcendant priority just like Zelda's ranged hitboxes (and the same goes for just about any additional hitboxes added in Minus from what I've seen). But Fox can't limit your options as much with his blaster, as it doesn't cause flinching nor allow him to teleport toward you if one of them hits. Additionally, his blasters aren't combo starters.

On another note, Roy's sweetspots seem needlessly large on some of his attacks. uSmash's second hit deals sweetspot damage and knockback at the very top/tip of the sword. Roy's sweetspot is supposed to be in the middle of his sword, not the tip nor the hilt as I recall, as that's Marth and Ike territory (though I don't think Ike sweetspots at the hilt anymore in Minus). I just think Roy shouldn't be dealing so much knockback with the tip of his sword.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
On another note, Roy's sweetspots seem needlessly large on some of his attacks. uSmash's second hit deals sweetspot damage and knockback at the very top/tip of the sword. Roy's sweetspot is supposed to be in the middle of his sword, not the tip nor the hilt as I recall, as that's Marth and Ike territory (though I don't think Ike sweetspots at the hilt anymore in Minus). I just think Roy shouldn't be dealing so much knockback with the tip of his sword.
Isn't Roy's sweetspot supposed to include both the middle and the hilt of the sword, not just the middle? My memory isn't always the greatest, but that's what I recall in Melee, and the hilt is also a sweetspot in Smash 4.

Gold_TSG

If you aren't picking the stage every time, they are specifically counter picking to give themselves that advantage, which is part of the game itself. That isn't zelda's fault.

Lucis Perficio

If you aren't picking the stage every time, they are specifically counter picking to give themselves that advantage, which is part of the game itself. That isn't zelda's fault.

Or we're setting it to Random stage select.

On another note, when using Ivysaur's bullet seed from the stage and then off the ledge, he will fall at normal speed while performing the move as well as transition into it.

Also, Ivysaur and Squirtle feel to be lacking in comparison to Charizard imo

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Maybe in terms of flair, but in terms of raw power Charizard is the weakest of the three pokemon trainer pokemon.

Lucis Perficio

From what I've played I have to try a lot harder playing Ivysaur or Squirtle than to play Charizard.

Also I'm certain Charizard is the strongest in terms of damage and knockback? lol

The other two may have longer/deadlier combos though.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Squirtle's nair and side b are some of the best moves in the game, he's got the best and easiest to pull off dacus in the game, and had a lot of fast strong moves. Ivysaur's leaf storm is also insanely stupid. Charizard is good but he doesn't have anything quite as dumb as the others, although he's definitely better in ffas due to his weight, range, and recovery.

Lucis Perficio

I should remind everyone this is the bug report thread.

I'm aware. I'm referring to these things in the hopes that they are bugs and should be addressed. One that I strongly believe is a bug is relating to using bullet stage from stage off the ledge, as I mentioned.

Guy_92

I found some things that aren't really bugs but should be known about.

Kirby with a Ganon hat has the old Ganon projectile.

Kirby also doesn't get powers from Roy or Pichu. That is a little bit more understandable.

Kirby also has something weird with a Yoshi hat. I don't know about Yoshi himself but: On Kongo Jungle 64, it might work on the other stages, if Kirby uses the tongue egg attack, the camera pans down the the bottom blast zone and then goes back up. I haven't tested this a whole lot but, I know for a fact that this happens on Kongo Jungle 64, as Kirby, in the center of the stage and the slants.

I also still have trouble with some of the single player modes. This is a real bug. I can't do events, and classic crashes when I try to fight master hand.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
Most events should work fine. If you're getting issues with them outside of events that rely on stage triggered and have different stages please elaborate. As for Master Hand we've been looking for a solution but haven't found one yet.

Lucis Perficio

Not sure if it's a bug, but seeing as to how often its been expressed that Minus is looked at from a 1v1 perspective moreso than an FFA perspective....

Is it intentional that Wario's fThrow is MUCH stronger on opponents he hits with the throwing portion moreso than the throw itself? It's crazy how much more the move can be used to hit people with other people than it can actually be used to reliable kill the person you're throwing. lol

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
I'm not sure if this has been found yet, but i found a bug relating to the "My Music" section of Brawl-.

In the My Music section, the music sliders for the Battlefield stage do not move at all. They only move very slightly forward and backward. However, they work for every other stage. I tested this in vanilla brawl and the sliders worked fine. Then when i rebooted brawl with brawl-, the same problem happened.

Video for proof:

Basically, the codes we're using fuck up Battlefield's music. Deleting having unlocked the music and never unlocking it again levels of fuck up. So there was a code used that always plays the Battlefield music at the same rates, which get's around the music being deleted. That's why it does that.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Here's just a small list of the issues I've run into. Not sure how many of them are actual bugs.
-Falco's slow lasers do not appear a lot of the time, even after doing the taunt.
-Meta Knight can cancel his Up-B into another Up-B
-Lucario's aura doesn't work, and he's stuck at dealing 1x damage and a lot of aura distance even at 0% damage
-I still cannot figure out how to git gud
-Lucario's ultra taunt puts him at 300%, despite the aura cap supposedly being at 200%
-Kirby's grab has grab frames that extend well-beyond his model
-R.O.B. no longer has his "blast across the stage" move, and that makes me sad.
-The Fourside stage has a strange glitchy wall on the far right building in the center of it, which prevents players from just sprinting or walking on that bit from right to left. You have to jump over it. (Not sure if this is a stage my group added in or not, so it might not be an issue to report here)
-If a character like Samus or Wario or R.O.B. attacks with their charged attack (plasma ball thing, poop crate, and laser, respectively), and they get attacked in the first couple of frames before the projectile is spawned, they lose that attack and have to charge all over again.
-With the increased gravity, Ivysaur's Bullet Seed no longer keeps him at the same altitude, and Ike's u-air no longer carries him nearly as much.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
-The Fourside stage has a strange glitchy wall on the far right building in the center of it, which prevents players from just sprinting or walking on that bit from right to left. You have to jump over it. (Not sure if this is a stage my group added in or not, so it might not be an issue to report here)
Fourside is not an official stage in the current build of Brawl Minus.