Brawl Minus 4.0b Bug Report Thread

Mohl

Was that a typo and supposed to be 21%? We were aware that Pichu's dthrow was allowing ~3 regrabs depending on the opponent if done at 0% which is fine, but if it's somehow doing 80% damage (which is 0-death territory with up-throw thunderbolt as a finisher) then we'll have to fix that.
No typo. I did it like 8 times in a row.
Granted, it was a lvl 5 CPU, so a player might be able to get out of it easier.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
No typo. I did it like 8 times in a row.
Granted, it was a lvl 5 CPU, so a player might be able to get out of it easier.
Just tested, it is indeed largely unescapable. Due to the incredibly low knockback growth on the downthrow the .04 change in hitstun actually increases the required hitstun to knock the opponent to the ground by ~60% (varies by fighter, but still a huge amount) letting Pichu basically regrab till lethal. Kind of surprised that got through, I actually tested Pichu dthrow prior to release to make sure it was still fine but I must've messed something up.

Thor

Not a bug, this is how Brawl handles C-Sticking moves in general, as if it were a tap input. It's also why you can't charge a C-Sticked Smash Attack.

You can charge a c-sticked smash attack if you hold Z or A as you hit the c-stick [although this arguably defeats the point of c-sticking a smash attack].

Also chaingrabbing back = LOL. Sonic dair still a spike is saddening but whatever.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
C-stick plus Z is really good for Pichu and some of the other fighters with hold a for effect aerials. Also I can guarantee that Pichu's dthrow wont be a guaranteed 0-death come 4.0 full (I just hit it with the nerf hammer).

Mohl

Unsure if this is a bug or what, but on Marth's Dancing Blade, if the third hit is down, you can hit A to restart the attack.

This results in just forward-B,B,Down-B, A, and then you just keep holding down and repeating ABB for an infinite combo that spikes people when they inevitably hit the ledge at 100% or so.

Valravn

My roommate daftatt has mentioned that Marth's Dair is very difficult to tipper. He thinks it's caused by the flub hitboxes having a higher priority than the tipper hitbox, meaning the strong hitbox requires you to hit with just the tip to guarantee the strongest hit. I'm not sure on the hitbox data myself, but he found it to be really weird. Is that a balance decision?

(He's pretty familiar with how Marth's hitboxes work in Melee and PM.)

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
My roommate daftatt has mentioned that Marth's Dair is very difficult to tipper. He thinks it's caused by the flub hitboxes having a higher priority than the tipper hitbox, meaning the strong hitbox requires you to hit with just the tip to guarantee the strongest hit. I'm not sure on the hitbox data myself, but he found it to be really weird. Is that a balance decision?

(He's pretty familiar with how Marth's hitboxes work in Melee and PM.)
The flub hitboxes should have a higher priority since otherwise where you hit the opponent doesn't really matter unless you're basically standing inside them. It's possible that the hitboxes are improperly sized though, so we can look into that.

Thor

That isnt a bug for marths dancing blade. Its intendedm. Didnt think it locked though.

Unsure if this is a bug or what, but on Marth's Dancing Blade, if the third hit is down, you can hit A to restart the attack.

This results in just forward-B,B,Down-B, A, and then you just keep holding down and repeating ABB for an infinite combo that spikes people when they inevitably hit the ledge at 100% or so.

It shouldn't lock, [as NEWB said], it should be able to be teched. If you are unfamiliar with the tech lock-out window then this should explain the problem [or SDI up and then tech, whatever].

The flub hitboxes should have a higher priority since otherwise where you hit the opponent doesn't really matter unless you're basically standing inside them. It's possible that the hitboxes are improperly sized though, so we can look into that.

Couldn't we shrink the tipper hitboxes, expand the flub hitboxes, and then flip the priority? I agree that dair seems to be weird to sweetspot [it's downright easy to sweetspot with the back half but not the front half (which seems to require a great deal of precision)... this is what it was in Brawl, so if the dev team wants it like Brawl dair then don't change it, but if they want dair to be reliable from both sides some tweaks should be made.]

NEWB

Ive also noticed that spiking with the front part of martns dair is really difficult. I can get it much easier on the back part.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Hitstun still feels just a bit odd to me. I mainly find it weird when my character is launched at a very slow rate and the hitstun lasts all the way until I reach the blast zone.

Would it be possible to add a Death Proof to Minus much like Smash 4 and PM have with the lightning and wind explosion, respectively?

Mohl

Hitstun still feels just a bit odd to me. I mainly find it weird when my character is launched at a very slow rate and the hitstun lasts all the way until I reach the blast zone.

Would it be possible to add a Death Proof to Minus much like Smash 4 and PM have with the lightning and wind explosion, respectively?
Even that's not accurate a good deal of the time. I've been hit with the lightning effects and survived, like 5 times in a row.

Thor

Even that's not accurate a good deal of the time. I've been hit with the lightning effects and survived, like 5 times in a row.

Those are intended to show high KB, not death [although the biggest death GFX in PM is all-but-certain death (I've lived it once)]. I don't know how needed they are to be honest, and I'd frankly rather keep it out of Minus since it's occurring in PM and Smash 4.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Also, this is a thread for bugs.

Feedback and suggestions can go in the 4.0b thread!

Mariosonicman1

:the cockroach living under my bed would love this thread of bugs:

there is a minor bug with toon links arrows. if they are on the ground and an enemy goes up and perfect guards it. the arrow will not dissapear. but will also no longer have a hitstun.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
:there is a minor bug with toon links arrows. if they are on the ground and an enemy goes up and perfect guards it. the arrow will not dissapear. but will also no longer have a hitstun.
I'm assuming you meant no hitbox rather than hitstun?
This bug has been around since Toon Link got trap arrows.

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Ike's counter still seems to have some holes in its intangibility.

Previously in 3.Q, would he counter C. Falcon's PAWNCH on the first hit, he'd avoid the 1st hit as it would activate the counter, and as he's attacking he would take the 3 last hits.

In the case of Marth, he would always counter the first hit and execute the attacking portion of his counter in a laggy manner due to C. Falcon being covered in transcendent hitboxes, but also being protected by the counter's intangibility.

In 4.0b, Ike's counter seems to have been fixed, activating more quickly overall, and now upon counterin the 1st hit of the PAWNCH, will execute a quick counter and avoid the next two hits using the intangibility frames, however by the time he's done, the final hit will be out and Ike will take that hit as well.

I'm just curious as to whether or not this is also intentional since it's been around since I've started playing Minus (version 3.3)

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Ike's counter still seems to have some holes in its intangibility.

Previously in 3.Q, would he counter C. Falcon's PAWNCH on the first hit, he'd avoid the 1st hit as it would activate the counter, and as he's attacking he would take the 3 last hits.

In the case of Marth, he would always counter the first hit and execute the attacking portion of his counter in a laggy manner due to C. Falcon being covered in transcendent hitboxes, but also being protected by the counter's intangibility.

In 4.0b, Ike's counter seems to have been fixed, activating more quickly overall, and now upon counterin the 1st hit of the PAWNCH, will execute a quick counter and avoid the next two hits using the intangibility frames, however by the time he's done, the final hit will be out and Ike will take that hit as well.

I'm just curious as to whether or not this is also intentional since it's been around since I've started playing Minus (version 3.3)

You can't counter the Falcon Punch.

Thor

You can't counter the Falcon Punch.

Yes you can... the Warlock Punch is a different story [although Roy and Ike can use counter as a dodge to avoid it], but I've definitely seen Falcon Punch set counter off (although Falcon was not hit).

Bowser can also Royal Rampage through Falcon Punch and grab him mid-Falcon Punch [which looks hilarious].

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Yes you can... the Warlock Punch is a different story [although Roy and Ike can use counter as a dodge to avoid it], but I've definitely seen Falcon Punch set counter off (although Falcon was not hit).

Bowser can also Royal Rampage through Falcon Punch and grab him mid-Falcon Punch [which looks hilarious].
Falcon is invulnerable during the Falcon Punch, and Counter only takes off the first hit. Counter goes off, but the Counter will never hit Falcon unless they only countered the last hit.