Brawl Minus 4.0b Bug Report Thread

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Pretty sure they messed up his aura percents so he gains no real advantage from being damaged. Don't use his ultrataunt.

This bug will be noted.

Lucario without Aura is an interesting thing to test, but certainly something that will not be kept.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Wario's crate can still be easily used against him if it is hit while he's standing on it. Not sure if that's a glitch or not.

This is intentional, as that is how the crate as an item functions. When he hits it himself, it has a "safe" hitbox on it for a period of time, counting it as his own attack. If someone else hits it, the same applies back to them, making it an enemy hitbox. Same thing happens with DK's barrels if they're hit back.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

Yeah....pin ike has been able to cancel grounded quickdraw into specials for a long time. That or i am FAR out of touch.

NEWB

Probably but seriously, someone else please confim that he could this before. Im pretty sure i remember doing this and concluding it wasnt that useful.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I've only ever used cancels out of the aerial version because it makes more sense with the momentum. I don't recall him canceling anything but a jump out of the grounded version.

Sammi-husky

Scientist #1
Minus Backroom
I never recalled him canceling grounded quickdraw into specials either. It was indeed jump cancel-able and normal cancel-able, but im not recalling special cancelling while still on the ground. Regardless, it's probably that 2.x never had it, but that it was added later and forgotten to be reimplemented. (that is if it was intentional to begin with, it could have been a bug or oversight)

NEWB

Grounded quickdraw didnt have a jc. People on the forums were saying that it should have jc so im assuming that means it doesnt.

Metavance

For the minus portraits:
Wairo's light blue outfit is shown as green in game on his stock picture, I'm not sure if any other characters have this issue but I've know this since 3.Q.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
These graphical bugs still exist, too.
- Link's left eye disappears during a Back Slice.
KGdScsa.jpg

8TDzOKY.jpg

- Roy's eyes and mouth glitch when he uses Side B in the air.
gbWiD8z.jpg

nsXKHd2.jpg

Pretty creepy-looking, huh?

On a different note, Warlock Punch isn't supposed to be Counterable, right? When Marth or Ike try to Counter it, they get blasted even if their timing was good. But if Roy Counters it, nothing happens. It's like he just dodges it. I'm using a slightly modified 'Dorf; that could be causing it, but I doubt it...

Last edited by a moderator:

Mariosonicman1

when i went into classic mode and hovered over ike the game suddenly froze.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
when i went into classic mode and hovered over ike the game suddenly froze.
For the minus portraits:
Wairo's light blue outfit is shown as green in game on his stock picture, I'm not sure if any other characters have this issue but I've know this since 3.Q.

These should be fixed in the hotpatch.

Mariosonicman1

herm..... how to put this... i was playing kirby in a free for all on lavaville. when i got his final smash and used it, donkey kong and one ice climber went inside it. for some reason the other ice climber ignored it intirely. cause kirby to freeze in place and constantly wack his pans, it didnt even matter if that other ice climer self destructed. kirby was stuck there and never stopped. didnt even add in new items.

so id like to call attention to this bug that may revolve around the ice climbers in kirbys final smash.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
That's probably not fixable, unfortunately, just due to how stupidly complicated Ice Climbers (and Kirby) are in code.

Mariosonicman1

hum..... im just gonna give a suggestion out of nowhere.... might not be possible but.... what if you press the A button during the pan taping part, where instead of waiting for something to jump into the pot, kirby just ups the temperture on it, the players have a low knockback from it, but any item that was in shoot some fire(cracker) out of the pot towards on the ground? thats my only idea of how to prevent a solflock on that... unless thats impossible to do. then thats fine... just wanted to give an idea.

After losing a stock with Pokemon trainer, if you are holding the analog stick (at least to the left), you will upB out of your pokeball upon respawn.
Edit: actually, having a hard time duplicating it when retrying, so I'm not sure exactly what triggers it, but I have upB'ed out of respawn a few times without pushing the B button

Valravn

It's been a thing for a while, I think I posted it in the last bug thread. Basically what happens is if you buffer a move as you die, you'll do it on respawn. Really annoying if you're trying to meteor cancel something too late as Charizard; you'll waste your whole grace period falling back to the ground.

Junior_Z

The Blazing Star
The 'Temple' stage loads the regular Temple instead of the modified version. Is this intentional?

Mariosonicman1

if you read the changelog, you would see it was. the only bug here is the stage select still uses the other stage picture.