Announcing Brawl Minus 4.0!

Mariosonicman1

now that that is cleared up. who thinks pichu is gonna become super powerful in the next release?
the changes sound a bit interesting

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
now that that is cleared up. who thinks pichu is gonna become super powerful in the next release?
the changes sound a bit interesting

4.0 Pichu, in the right hands, is a devastating monster. He takes skill to use, but once he gets there he can get on you and refuse to leave until you are dead.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
4.0 Pichu, in the right hands, is a devastating monster. He takes skill to use, but once he gets there he can get on you and refuse to leave until you are dead.
So...Pichu is a ReDead?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Just to reiterate.

love_me__pichu_by_rokkoluna-d5gpt0h.jpg

sticker,375x360.u2.png

Lucis Perficio

Radiant Hero of Blue Flames
Gold is the best player on these forums and he plays nearly every character at a high skill level. His opinion cannot be simply swept under the table simply because he doesn't main Ike. This arguement is moot anyway since NSM in it's current form is being removed, and will be replaced with a version where Ike is simply faster while retaining the same power, which is much more dangerous in my opinion.

I wasn't disregarding his opinion. If you pay attention to my wording you'll see that I was merely seeking validation and despite his opinion, held my own.

Also, where have you heard that these will be the changes being made to Ike?

Thor

I wasn't disregarding his opinion. If you pay attention to my wording you'll see that I was merely seeking validation and despite his opinion, held my own.

Also, where have you heard that these will be the changes being made to Ike?

Waaaaaaaaaaay back in this thread somewhere [it might be the first page, but I think it's one that's a ways in], Pin Clock [head of development] made an announcement where he gave us a partial changelist [with some stuff omitted and everything subject to change]. One of the changes to Ike was something along the lines of "NSM mode being revamped, Ike can once again store Eruption [independent of NSM]".

Lucis Perficio

Waaaaaaaaaaay back in this thread somewhere [it might be the first page, but I think it's one that's a ways in], Pin Clock [head of development] made an announcement where he gave us a partial changelist [with some stuff omitted and everything subject to change]. One of the changes to Ike was something along the lines of "NSM mode being revamped, Ike can once again store Eruption [independent of NSM]".

Yeah ik that much. What I want to know is how MegaSaturn knows that those changes include Ike being faster in NSM.

Valravn

I haven't liked almost any character suggestions for this game*, but honestly ReDead would be kinda legit. I wouldn't have even thought of it.

*THEY ARE TOO BIG.

Mariosonicman1

when you mention redead, it kinda makes me wish there was a stage where some of the subspace enemies would appear on it as stage hazards.

Lucis Perficio

By the way, will Pit and Olimar be receiving nerfs of some sort? They're two characters whose performance is almost independent of whom they play against, with few exceptions. Where many characters oftentimes have a mismatch, it doesn't seem as though it applies to these characters.

I mean, as Olimar a person can literally just evade while b an side-b spamming, since Pikmin launch now.

And Pit has just about so many incidental kill moves, that it puts characters to shame. He can literally hang from the ledge and only a ttack b jumping off and shooting arrows. If his opponent is holding on to the ledge, he can easily just up-b next to them to spike them, where as any other character would require more skill to do so. Add to this the fact that his side-b has a wind effect, and he seems incredibly difficult to counter. I had been able to play Bowser against my friend's Pit until he decided to stay two character spaces away from me at all times and attack while my back was turned during my super armor moves.

ik that Pit was actually MORE broken in the past, but it still seems as though he simply rules the air. I understand that he's an angel, but no other character has as much air game as he does. Are there any sure-fire counters with for him?

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Pit also has the easy mode grab cancel out of his side b, which gives him extra free damage. Worse is that you're locked in your shield if you're foolish enough to block his side b

Valravn

Meta Knight can trash on anyone in the air if you play very sticky, and just chase them around in the sky stuffing aerials.

Thor

Meta Knight can trash on anyone in the air if you play very sticky, and just chase them around in the sky stuffing aerials.

Characters can actually deal with that effectively. Air camping has holes.

By the way, will Pit and Olimar be receiving nerfs of some sort? They're two characters whose performance is almost independent of whom they play against, with few exceptions. Where many characters oftentimes have a mismatch, it doesn't seem as though it applies to these characters.

I mean, as Olimar a person can literally just evade while b an side-b spamming, since Pikmin launch now.

And Pit has just about so many incidental kill moves, that it puts characters to shame. He can literally hang from the ledge and only a ttack b jumping off and shooting arrows. If his opponent is holding on to the ledge, he can easily just up-b next to them to spike them, where as any other character would require more skill to do so. Add to this the fact that his side-b has a wind effect, and he seems incredibly difficult to counter. I had been able to play Bowser against my friend's Pit until he decided to stay two character spaces away from me at all times and attack while my back was turned during my super armor moves.

ik that Pit was actually MORE broken in the past, but it still seems as though he simply rules the air. I understand that he's an angel, but no other character has as much air game as he does. Are there any sure-fire counters with for him?

Olimar I'm not sure needs nerfs, given that he's a paperweight, but I'd be unsurprised to see further damage nerfs. He is obscenely good in certain MUs [like Falco, he hard counters Luigi, since Luigi is basically reduced to only approaching with down+b].

I think Pit is well-balanced, although the free grabs from side+B are a little silly.

Also that's just sort of how people with projectiles are supposed to fight Bowser. It's bad vs Pit but especially terrible vs Falco, Link, Toon Link, and Snake.

I'm unaware of how Pit's up+B is able to meteor smash someone.

As for countering him... I'm not sure I could just name an ez-mode strategy to beating him, but I'd guess he struggles with Pikachu. There are probably others, but Pit's recovery being pretty linear and not ridiculously fast makes me thing he'd be very unhappy to deal with Thunder walls.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
He's talking about the hitbox on Pit's up b. It causes stage spikes.