Character Select Screen?

eggslayer

Using my SD card on the wii. When I load up Brawl Minus 3.Q and go to the character select screen, there isn't any Roy or Pichu! I see the pokemon trainer there, and when I click him, the announcer says "Roy!" Also Shiek and Zelda aren't separate characters, same with Samus and ZSS. Though the game still runs fine. What should I do?

Thor

Using my SD card on the wii. When I load up Brawl Minus 3.Q and go to the character select screen, there isn't any Roy or Pichu! I see the pokemon trainer there, and when I click him, the announcer says "Roy!" Also Shiek and Zelda aren't separate characters, same with Samus and ZSS. Though the game still runs fine. What should I do?

Switch mains?

Also, can you acess the other skins of Bowser Jr., even if Roy isn't there?

Doqtor Kirby is useful for helping tech issues. I'm not, so I'll tag him for this.

However, one suggestion from me before I pass off the reins and stop making terrible jokes; try redownloading Brawl Minus 3.Q and seeing if that fixes the problem.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
you may be missing a file if one that's necessary was excluded from the download link... if someone has the list of files that should be in there, that would help you have a reference, so you can see which files you're missing (if any)... maybe the XML is wrong, or maybe one of your "system" files are named wrong or missing... first make sure your launcher for it is something that we know works, like the minima launcher, and check the trouble shooting list on the forum to narrow down where your problem is.. ...sorry i can't help much, but i hope you can find out what's wrong soon and get to play ^^ good luck, eggslayer!

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
I feel like the CSS code is missing. You may have to redownload the GCT/game.

eggslayer

Thanks for the help guys, so I downloaded an older version (3.5) and took the code thingy and REPLACED the one of 3.q. Now my character select screen looks correct, though I'm not sure if replacing the code could cause any trouble. (for some reason, the 3.q I had didn't have the "memory expansion" code that was in the 3.5 coding, maybe that was my problem?)

eggslayer

I'm really not sure if I'm doing something wrong, because I downloaded brawl minus 3.q on this website, threw everything in my sd card, and played the game, and no difference was made.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
How big is your SD card?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
How are your stages?
Are they loading standard Brawl stages, even though the SSS may or may not look like the Minus one?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Your issue is a strange one indeed.
When was the last time your card was formatted?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Can I get an image of your file directories?

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
Open the codes folder.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
That's upsetting, that looks fine too.
There is a chance that a code wasn't turned on in the GCT.
You said earlier that when you added the code from the older Minus, it worked.
Check the Minus 3.Q codes.txt in a code manager and make sure things that need to be on are on, including the code you added.

eggslayer

That's upsetting, that looks fine too.
There is a chance that a code wasn't turned on in the GCT.
You said earlier that when you added the code from the older Minus, it worked.
Check the Minus 3.Q codes.txt in a code manager and make sure things that need to be on are on, including the code you added.
A code manager?

Gifted

The Mother Fucking Queen
That's where I come in.
Use this to load your GCT file and edit the codes.
I suggest you use a txt file to edit the codes, though.
Export them from the gct file, to txt. Edit that way.
Upload the txt file to the gct editor.
Should work.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/xkh9x522orbbdex/GCTEdit.exe?dl=0

Last edited by a moderator: