Announcing Brawl Minus 4.0!

Thor

The Norfair/Lavaville compromise sounds interesting... if there's any way to make two different CSS icons for them that would be cool, but I understand the redundancy issues...

Thanks for the update Pin!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
...If you're living with both your parents, it should be obvious they each have a someone special...
I was referring to people on the forums...no one here has anyone special sans like 3 people. And believe me, if it weren't for their several kids, I don't think my parents would still be together.

Mariosonicman1

wow.... hearing pichu getting reworked entirely different has me intrigued... i cant wait to see how she turns out... by the way... once this update gets released, will the character section on the minus site get updated to discribe the characters lacking a description?

Valravn

Wow, I hope the Sonic changes aren't as devastating as they look. I'll wait and see how it ends up, but it sounds like he'll be a lot less mobile and be forced even more to run straight at people.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
Wow, I hope the Sonic changes aren't as devastating as they look. I'll wait and see how it ends up, but it sounds like he'll be a lot less mobile and be forced even more to run straight at people.

It does sound like Sonic is being butchered heavily. I don't like it at all. Upscales power on most characters, takes down one of Sonic's few powerful tools.

Thor

Did you all miss the words "Boost has a hitbox again"?

Also Sonic still runs faster than anyone else in the whole game without Boost. These boost changes sound like huge buffs [like seriously, my Falco will have to work that much harder to keep up... or I'll have to use a lot more Sheik since Sheik's nair and bair are moves Falco's bair doesn't really match], with the cooldown only being there to avoid making Sonic become utterly stupid.

If it's really a recovery fear, maybe make Boost refresh whenever Sonic gets hit?

Valravn

I don't want Boost to have a hitbox. It made him the most annoying character to play against in the entire game. (And perhaps any fighting game I've ever played.) With that cooldown, there will be no more boost-dancing, and no more ridiculous offstage plays. It might be a buff in some ways, but it sounds like the character is changing so much that I might not even want to play them anymore - he'll be a different character entirely. Three seconds is forever in Minus.

Ph0x3h

I don't want Boost to have a hitbox. It made him the most annoying character to play against in the entire game. (And perhaps any fighting game I've ever played.) With that cooldown, there will be no more boost-dancing, and no more ridiculous offstage plays. It might be a buff in some ways, but it sounds like the character is changing so much that I might not even want to play them anymore - he'll be a different character entirely. Three seconds is forever in Minus.
What if they just mean the hitbox has a 3 second refresh time and not the move itself?

NEWB

I don't think the exact same hitbox is coming back guys.....really. The boost hitbox in the Max beta made him the strongest character in minus ever. I have to think its not going to as good as it was before.

And to be fair, boost dancing was pretty silly. The cooldown adds risk to the move so he has to commit to whoever he is going. Same concept as Jiggs losing her extra jumps.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I don't think the exact same hitbox is coming back guys.....really. The boost hitbox in the Max beta made him the strongest character in minus ever. I have to think its not going to as good as it was before.

The hitbox is fairly similar to the one from Beta, as Boost is going to be a combo starter. It was the hitbox with the lack of a cooldown that made him the strongest character ever. Boost comboing into itself for like 40%, good times.

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

That.....does worry me a bit. I think we need a bit more info on that. That move sounds like it has absolutely no counter play whatsoever.

Thor

That.....does worry me a bit. I think we need a bit more info on that. That move sounds like it has absolutely no counter play whatsoever.

Sheik nair is one example of counterplay, but it still requires a fair bit of prediction. If it's negatively disjointed, Falco's aerials are a form of counterplay, but requires just as much [if not more] prediction. I suppose you could just hold jab, but if Sonic doesn't boost you look silly.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Wait is the hitbox going to be only at the end of the move or will the hitbox be there during the dash too?