Announcing Brawl Minus 4.0!

Thor

I think the hype train is running out of gas... are we gonna reach a refueling station soon?

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I think the hype train is running out of gas... are we gonna reach a refueling station soon?

I'm still incredibly hype for this update.
...I just don't seem to speak my mind as often.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
well for one thing, Valentinus's imprisonment and death.. buuut, that's literally ancient history

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Nothing, but it's still disgusting to see everyone holding hands, hugging, kissing, and so on. My plan for Valentines Day include a closet, a tub of ice cream and one lonely Greatest_Aether.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
Nothing, but it's still disgusting to see everyone holding hands, hugging, kissing, and so on. My plan for Valentines Day include a closet, a tub of ice cream and one lonely Greatest_Aether.
What are you, a middle aged woman after a breakup?

Ph0x3h

This will be the first Valentine's day where I'm not alone. I'm pretty happy about that actually. And to know that I'll have a new version of Minus out somewhere around that time is pure awesome.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
hey, i don't know about you guys, but i think valentine's is fun because of the romance it represents.. valentine married men and women who were not allowed to marry and was later imprisoned and eventually killed. But the idea that being allowed to love was a right that religion and race shouldn't dictate is an ideal i believe we lose sight of. I'm arabic and my mom and dad are druse, which is a really long descendant based kinda religion or bloodline, older than Judaism and many other religions. Therefore, my father, even though he never raised my brothers and sisters and i into our culture, believes that we should only marry other druse to keep the bloodline pure, and especially imposes this belief on my two sisters... My mom and dad are separated by the way, and have been since i was young, so this adds even more to my ideology of "true love" being this really hard thing to find, and further makes me think that you can't tie yourself to some shitty prerequisite, like needing the one you are meant to live with to have the same upbringing as you.. Instead, i found myself happy with girls i made a connection with or girls i became fond of from meeting by chance. Somehow valentine's day reminds me that somewhere out there is at least one person that's perfect for you, no matter where or who or why you are where or who you are. whether you're gay or straight or bi, or rich or poor or middle class, or tall or short or average height, or healthy or sickly or ill or crippled or athletic or mentally handicapped or whatever, everyone can find love at any time, and it could be with anyone... i just love the idea of love <3 w <3 .... ....and i currently have an adorable kinky cute girlfriend i love bragging about x3

Thor

dood... ;~;
Anyway, what stage changes are you guys hoping for? I'm really curious about that.

I want Norfair 3.3 back. And all of the Smash 64 stages in [preferably in original glory (the Mario bros interpretation we have is great tho, that can stay as is), with the twilight version of Peach's castle as a separate or easily selectable stage (or just make the way that platform moves the way the current version works) so that it can be added to the legal stage list of M3s and whatnot].

And Big Blue.

Really, if the game had the above stages, Smashville, Battlefield, FD, Lylat, Yoshi's Brawl, and PS2, I'd be totally happy with the stage list. I'd also love to see some other stages added [namely that version of the training stage where there was FD, Battlefield, and a bunch of platforms underneath it, and a few between - it was in one of the previous versions], but if it just had all the stages I listed above I'd be fully content with the stage list [since I'd get basically every thing I wanted for stages]. Yeah I also love the other stages [like New Pork and what not], but the originals, Norfair 3.3, Big Blue, Smashville, FD, Lylat, Yoshi's Brawl, and PS2 are all I really would need to be totally happy with the stage variety [everything else is icing on the cake to me].

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Apparently Kien and Pin got into argument about this. It ain't happening.

I'll clarify a little here:

Kien had no involvement in Norfair 3.3 discussion, that was entirely between Tybis and myself. There is no "It's not happening", but I have concerns. If anyone goes around spreading misinformation like that, ask the dev team and we'll clarify.

At the request of Budget Player_Cadet (the founder of Brawl Minus), Lavaville will always be a part of Brawl Minus, unaltered. This understandably upset Tybis, since he felt it was in the way of Norfair 3.3, but I have concerns about including Norfair 3.3 alongside Lavaville since I feel having two stages having the same lava would be a dab redundant.

But if you guys are okay with that then I'm all for it, so feel free to voice your thoughts on the matter!

Last edited by a moderator: