New Characters in Minus

What character would you like to see added to Minus?

• K. Rool

Votes: 11 18.3%
  • Micaiah

Votes: 13 21.7%
  • Black Shadow

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Geno

Votes: 23 38.3%
  • Paper Mario

Votes: 22 36.7%
  • Bomberman

Votes: 17 28.3%
  • Krystal

Votes: 8 13.3%
  • Ghirahim

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Custom Robo

Votes: 4 6.7%
  • Midna/Wolf Link

Votes: 23 38.3%

• Total voters

NEWB

What's his upb? What's up throw? He has no aerials. He's pretty much got his ground game set though. Turns into a tiger I guess for final smash or slows down time and moves super fast.

Also, we would swap out one of the included demos in brawl for that bizarre jerry 5 game.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
He has aerials. He jumps ALOT in the games. His brother is the nojump4u guy. Shinobu jumps even more.

Shinobu would be even greater than Travis.

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I've beat the second game, but not the first, so I'm unsure about a moveset. I also believed the tiger was a good FinalSmash idea. He does have an unique sword technique. Swordplay and wrestling.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Well his air attacks are him jumping a few feet, doing a slash and then landing. To be fair. You never actually jump.

NEWB

I only played and beat the second game. I haven't seen any of his aerials.

If you can come up with a voice clip with taunts that doesn't have him swearing so much then sure. I don't actually think that is hard, but there is a lot of swearing in those games.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
I only played and beat the second game. I haven't seen any of his aerials.

If you can come up with a voice clip with taunts that doesn't have him swearing so much then sure. I don't actually think that is hard, but there is a lot of swearing in those games.
He has many a quips without swearing.

Doqtor Kirby

Resident Design Nitpicker
Minus Backroom
It's been a thing on IRC for a while, but I thought I might bring it up here...

JIGGTH.

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
if he's a grounded guy, then maybe he could replace an assist trophy, like grey fox or samurai goroh or something... especially if grey fox could more likely be playable (not like he should be an assist AND a character) ...same with some other characters... silver could replace shadow's assist trophy and shadow become a character, maybe someone could replace waluigi's assist trophy and waluigi could become a character too... ...i don't know for sure, but this guy seems like he could be an improvement to what grey fox's assist trophy does, and allow for gray fox to become a character too...

The Concept

Philosopher & Assassin
I have a GreyFox, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Waluigi, if you want one.
Personally, Shadow<Waluigi<GreyFox

justadood

Just a dood with ideas
i think i know them, but i was hoping for a more minus style one

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
I hope to see completed Minus versions of Mewtwo, Waluigi, and -- now that we know he's not playable in SSB4 -- Ridley.

Mewtwo is probably going to be the next newcomer, if the Melee Veteran pattern holds...

What happened with the guy who was making a version of his Waluigi PSA just for Minus?

There's a functional Ridley PSA on Brawl Vault, but it would need lots of work.

I wonder if any of the SSB4 Newcomers will ever get ported to Brawl.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
I wonder if any of the SSB4 Newcomers will ever get ported to Brawl.
That'd be a pretty safe bet. Don't suspect them to be very accurate though, what with the added mechanics some characters got (Villager's Pocket being a notable one).

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
So can you actually add any of those characters with the clone engine? I think Mewtwo would be pretty awesome but I'd hope for some changes to make him a bit more viable.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Ender.
Cloud.
A certain Conduit.
Young Link.
Chrom.
Mewtwo.
JK about the 1st three. Serious about the rest.

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
Alright, if we can get Smash 4 characters, all I want is Little Mac and Mega Man. Classic Mega Man though, not X or .exe or anything, just Classic Mega Man. If not, Young Link, Mewtwo, Dr. Mario and maybe Cloud? (My friend wants him).
Also Dante?

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Young Link and Mewtwo would make Minus even more popular than PM.
I LOVE Minus over Melee, mostly cause I love how Marvel-like Minus is and I can't be arsed to learn L Cancels and Wavedashes to be remotely good at Melee or P:M among other reasons...I just really enjoy the concept of making everyone broken to add to the fun. It was a blast. But I can't say I'd believe Minus is gonna outshine P:M unless...uh...I dunno, they added the same mechanics people obsess with Melee over. And I don't want that, I like Minus to be it's own thing :( Besides, wouldn't we need more people working on Minus to get someone new added?

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I LOVE Minus over Melee, mostly cause I love how Marvel-like Minus is and I can't be arsed to learn L Cancels and Wavedashes to be remotely good at Melee or P:M among other reasons...I just really enjoy the concept of making everyone broken to add to the fun. It was a blast. But I can't say I'd believe Minus is gonna outshine P:M unless...uh...I dunno, they added the same mechanics people obsess with Melee over. And I don't want that, I like Minus to be it's own thing :( Besides, wouldn't we need more people working on Minus to get someone new added?
Yeah, but I wouldn't want that to happen either. All I'm saying is that fighters in Minus need that certain "something" to really make them unique. Marth has his tippers, Ike has NSM, Link has his Hidden Skills, Lucario has Aura and Pichu has the self-damage. That's what makes them unique, and I feel like everyone should have something special about them. I know everyone is pretty much different, but some people only have damage and speed boosts. These people should be getting something special to them. THAT would make Minus popular.

Windego

Pew Pew Pew Buster
Yeah, but I wouldn't want that to happen either. All I'm saying is that fighters in Minus need that certain "something" to really make them unique. Marth has his tippers, Ike has NSM, Link has his Hidden Skills, Lucario has Aura and Pichu has the self-damage. That's what makes them unique, and I feel like everyone should have something special about them. I know everyone is pretty much different, but some people only have damage and speed boosts. These people should be getting something special to them. THAT would make Minus popular.
...what could you possibly give Young Link to make him unique? Have him use deku sticks and the slingshot? Or hell, give him a Majora Mask based move set where he has mask powers? Or even better, give him the Powder Keg :D Seriously though, I got nothing. I'd rather see entirely new characters introduced into Minus. Like add an Advance Wars character :(

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
...what could you possibly give Young Link to make him unique? Have him use deku sticks and the slingshot? Or hell, give him a Majora Mask based move set where he has mask powers? Or even better, give him the Powder Keg :D Seriously though, I got nothing. I'd rather see entirely new characters introduced into Minus. Like add an Advance Wars character :(
It doesn't have to be canon. Only Link's Hidden Skills and Pichu's self-damage (Volt Tackle in the games) are canon. The mask idea is really cool though. His Final Smash could be Firece Deity Link.
OK, who the hell is Jiggth?