Help the Brawl Minus Wiki!

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Hello everyone, how are you? fine, thank you.

If you haven't noticed, a wiki has been added to the site, which you can find two tabs away from "forums". It's very early in development, currently only having prototype pages for characters and stages, as well as the early page for our biggest project of all: A complete changelog from vBrawl to Brawl Minus 3.5, and versions beyond!

problem is, it's an awful lot of work, which I will be sure to do plenty of myself (Just added the changelog from Brawl Minus 1.6 to the wiki), but my request is as follows: For you, the community, to help make the Brawl Minus wiki into a great source of information for players to look up characters, strategies, and many other interesting pages and facts about the game! Should the wiki become a success, it will be a major resource for new players to get into the game and learn about the characters!

Let's make this big together!

Also, I'm afraid that I cannot find information or downloads or pages for versions of Brawl Minus before 1.5. Anyone who can find download links and change logs for said versions will receive a cookie and my personal thanks.

For an example of a character page, see here: http://brawlminus.net/forums/wiki/kirby/

Last edited by a moderator:

NEWB

I think I can help out. On the smash wiki, I updated a majority of the wiki to be the complete changelog for minus just before Roy got added.

We should probably coordinate though. It would suck if three people started editing the first half of the page while other people were making edits. Or planned too.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Also, I'm afraid that I cannot find information or downloads or pages for versions of Brawl Minus before 1.5. Anyone who can find download links and change logs for said versions will receive a cookie and my personal thanks.
It looks like Linkshot from the old forum has many of the old versions of Minus:
Linkshot said:
My oldest pack is not October 31st 2010.

Sort by date GO

EDIT 1: Found some more stuff in my BrawlBox folder.

April 10th 2010: A pack. Not sure what version.
June 10th 2010: A backup Lucas. Oh boy, the PK Freeze drama.
July 28th 2010: Peach's Dash Attack cancel
August 14th 2010: A Wario nerf on fSmash, I believe.
September 14th 2010: Mario Bros with just a flat surface and the enemies
October 30th 2010: A Game & Watch
October 31st 2010: A 1.6 release?
November 25th 2010: Another 1.6 release?
December 11th 2010: ..you get the picture.
December 31st 2010: ...is this 1.6? It just says "New Compressed Folder" and has a 1-6 changelist in it as the only txt
January 11th 2011: I think this is 1.7
January 16th 2011: Gandouken!
January 17th 2011: Another zipped up pack
January 20th 2011: Another .rar
January 28th 2011: Lavaville!
February 15th 2011: New Pork Iceberg...
March 29th 2011: AI swaps!
April 2nd 2011: 2.0! I remember the fake C&D on this release. May 19th 2011: 2.1!
May 26th 2011: 2.1.1!

Nothing near ancient from here on out.
Source: http://smashmods.com/forum/threads/...lder-file-repository-thread.5704/#post-112831

Try getting in touch with him.

NEWB

Tomorrow, I guess I'll just start listing in the changes and repurposed Movesets that each character currently possesses.

Thor

I can add stuff (added some to IC page) but I don't have complete knowledge so I might be better served as one of several people who check to make sure somewhat obscure things (like MK healing 2% per pummel) are not left out.

EDIT: While it might add some issues with inclusion/exclusion, might it not be a bad idea to have a list of notable players (people with good results/footage)? Then people interested in ROB, but unsure where to look/who to look for, could see Glyph's name (for example) and that would help them find a good ROB to watch. Other examples would be Gold_TSG's DK, Bent's Captain Falcon, Owo's Falco (and maybe mine/NEWB/Gold's?), etc. [I purposely keep this list short so as not to offend anyone by trying to make a bigger list and leaving someone out.]

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Notable players sounds good, since it's more specific than just matches.

Bashdemears

Jiggs2stronk
Well you could be a bad player then pull a 0% fourstock on Glyphs rob. Darx's kirby whoops me up and down the street but gold and glyph are no longer turning me to pudding.

Notable matches is great

Thor

I mean unless Mango/PPMD/M2K/Nario/Zero pick up Brawl- Glyph isn't going to get 4-stocked with no % anytime soon, and even then, ROB has all the projectiles and approaches to stop a 0% four-stock, so I don't think it would happen even then.

Darx's Kirby is pretty great - I [before I left] go about even with him.

NEWB

Pin said notable matches, so just do that. If people want to know who's best, there are plenty other places then the wiki to see that. Keep the wiki more professional.

Is there some kind of template that we can follow, like character intro, normals, specials, etc? I guess minus team can do the character intro.

Glyph

Notable matches is definitely the way to go, much easier to watch a handful of games that show off a few different playstyles than just one on its own

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I still have to play Darx to see what all the fuss is about.

PowerUp

I'm happy to contribute to the characters, but perhaps first you should define some kind of format for the pages to follow?