Brawl Minus Chat Client

Which Chat Client is better suited for Minus?

• Xat

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • IRC

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • Other (Please Specify)

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Hello, first off let me begin this post by announcing the new Site Feedback board! You can post your thoughts about the site and any complaints you may have about this site here.

Now then, for the first topic of the board, there has been some debates about the current Brawl Minus Xat client, and requests have been placed to go back to IRC (internet relay chat), which is what we had before our url was moved from .tk to .net. I figured I should ask everyone what they would prefer to chat with, as well as state what each has to offer.

Xat
Pros:
Our current chat client.
Allows for Emoticons and Avatars
Easy username registration that automatically logs you on each time you enter the chatroom
makes an notification sound every time the chat has a new message

cons:
It can be really really really hard and annoying, if not sometimes impossible, to link things in Xat
I believe it runs on shockwave, which eats up RAM
Makes a notification sound every time the chat has a new message

IRC
Pros:
Easy to use and simple interface
Allows for useful userscripts (like typing out "/friendcode Pin" would return "4043-2694-0776")
Can have multiple IRC channels open, and IRC is a wider used platform than Xat

Cons:
You'd have to check the client manually for new messages
You'll have to resigster your nickname and log on every time you enter the chat

So, which chat client do you think would be a better platform for the Brawl Minus community to chat with? You decide!

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Until I get a new PC, I can only use IRC and Kik. Xat and Skype won't work on my tablet. Voting IRC.

Kien

A Meaningless Circle
Minus Backroom
I voted Xat. Our community isn't large enough to warrant an IRC at the moment. And having the sound for a message notification isn't a con at all. If it is you can just mute your computer or turn off the sounds IN the xat. It's more accessible and seems easier to manage as well.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
Come on Glyph you know ancient Egyptians had magic to bypass that kinda thing.

NEWB

Xat doesn't work on my ipad, but Skype does. I can use Xat, but it's annoying if I'm not playing in the same room as my computer, which is usually occupied.

Also. Skype is the best option IMO. Easy interface and easy to find people as long as your name isn't generic.... I made that mistake :D

Lightning

Ikesexual
I have Skype on my phone, just not on my desktop.
I also couldn't get Xat to work on my phone (which is a shame, considering I have the S5 and it used to work on my S1..). But, my desktop is like right next to my TV, so I just swing the chair between the two. :p

I vote for Xat, since we've been using it the longest. :D
(unless we switch to Skype.)