Community Replays for Character Intro videos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Is custom content (ie skins) permitted for this project?
It is not. The reason it is not is to ensure everything combo-wise is the same across every copy of the game.

Also since you're handing off the replay files, remember what shows up in your game will not show up in ours.

Mecklot

Feel free to add me to WiFi!
Here are some more replays. Another Falcon replay, a Snake replay, and a Samus replay.

Attachments

• rp_160308_1809.bin
    12.8 KB · Views: 500
  • rp_160308_1812.bin
    16.8 KB · Views: 462
  • rp_160308_1759.bin
    15.2 KB · Views: 468

Mecklot

Feel free to add me to WiFi!
My replay posting is a bit excessive, but I was on a roll, so here's yet another Falcon replay. Also another Snake replay.

Attachments

• rp_160311_1850.bin
    6.4 KB · Views: 461
  • rp_160310_2118.bin
    19.8 KB · Views: 450

Alex119098

I have some more replays! Mostly Luigi replays and a couple Falcon ones.

Attachments

• Luigi and Captain Falcon replays.zip
    149.6 KB · Views: 454

UltimentM

Hey guys, here are my CAPTAIN FALCON replays.
Please, show my moves :D

Attachments

• SHOW ME YOUR MOVES.zip
    38.3 KB · Views: 366
Once upon a time I had another account here. I forgot the password and username and it was on an old email so now I have this account. Anyway here are a ton of replays with MetaKnight.

Attachments

• MK Replays.zip
    365.3 KB · Views: 426

YershiBear

The Dong-in-Training
So here are two replays, though one is purely me in Home Run Contest with Ganondorf, showing off how insane the Warlock Punch's damage buff is, as the Sandbag gets smashed OVER 40K FEET. The OTHER one is actually a combo. With Meta Knight. In the Combo replay I have below, I end up double Forward Air-ing Link off stage after an Up Air. I thought that was pretty cool, and I can do the same thing with Kirby in Smash 4, only it usually ends up in a near-kill situation. (BTW is there ever going to be a Brawl Minus - like mod for Smash Wii U, where everyone gets put on One Punch Man's (I think his name is Saitama) level of power?) Though I feel like there is a combo I had that was MUCH better than the Meta Knight one, where I was playing as Dedede, and I Down Air'd an Ike, who gets stagespiked, and then I footstool him, albeit unintentionally. I did a Dash Attack and then a Forward Throw before that, I believe. Sadly, that replay wasn't saved because the game froze after that! I would've loved to show it here, but I was using an alt costume (with the Dedede one), so it wouldn't have been accepted anyway.

Attachments

• rp_160718_2008.bin
    352 bytes · Views: 410
  • rp_160719_2025.bin
    7.5 KB · Views: 445

YershiBear

The Dong-in-Training

666DAMAGE

"SIX SIX SIX DAMAAAAGE!!"
Guys, we need replays again. We have 2 editors now (more are always welcome though)

Replays and/or video files (video files only accepted without music). As HD as can be if they're video files. Brawl art or Minus art are both fine as is HD when it releases. NO CUSTOM ANYTHING.

Hate to say it but all non-BC replays are in the trash now. Sorry.

Last edited:
HD recordings from dolphin are preferred if you can do that.

I can do 1080p, but I still see bluriness when I maximize that video.

I'm fairly sure I could do better by slowing down Dolphin and then speeding the video up, but who knows what that would do to the sound. Maybe if I record the video at 50% speed and the sound at 100%...

666DAMAGE

I can do 1080p, but I still see bluriness when I maximize that video.

I'm fairly sure I could do better by slowing down Dolphin and then speeding the video up, but who knows what that would do to the sound. Maybe if I record the video at 50% speed and the sound at 100%...
Would recommend NVIDIA shadowplay or AMD's equivalent. They have no performance impact whatsoever.

Would recommend NVIDIA shadowplay or AMD's equivalent. They have no performance impact whatsoever.

More like a very low impact, but good point anyway. After doing some research, I'm able to record better-quality video without lagging Dolphin.

Two downsides: (1) if I ever stop the emulation, I have to restart Dolphin entirely before recording again (otherwise I just get a black screen), and (2) the audio is slightly out of sync. Fortunately, it seems to be off by a constant amount, so I can make a script to fix it.

666DAMAGE

More like a very low impact, but good point anyway. After doing some research, I'm able to record better-quality video without lagging Dolphin.

Two downsides: (1) if I ever stop the emulation, I have to restart Dolphin entirely before recording again (otherwise I just get a black screen), and (2) the audio is slightly out of sync. Fortunately, it seems to be off by a constant amount, so I can make a script to fix it.
I used OBS Studio (not classic, never classic) and the NVIDIA codec for the BC trailer's footage. Would recommend that, audio will be perfect.

I used OBS Studio (not classic, never classic) and the NVIDIA codec for the BC trailer's footage. Would recommend that, audio will be perfect.

Too late; I already wrote a script to fix it.

I also tried OBS Studio, but I wasn't able to get good performance. With GPU recording, there was a little lag and the output was all black. With CPU recording, there was tons of lag, and the output played at roughly 1 FPS. Maybe it's just a setup issue, but this is far more lag than I've ever had with Classic, so I'm not optimistic.

666DAMAGE

Too late; I already wrote a script to fix it.

I also tried OBS Studio, but I wasn't able to get good performance. With GPU recording, there was a little lag and the output was all black. With CPU recording, there was tons of lag, and the output played at roughly 1 FPS. Maybe it's just a setup issue, but this is far more lag than I've ever had with Classic, so I'm not optimistic.

Ignore everything except the "recording" section.

i15AUY0.png

I gave indistinguishable quality a try, but it made no noticeable difference. (I already had mp4 and hardware selected.) For the record, here's what I get using the same settings in OBS Classic:

Last edited:

666DAMAGE

I gave indistinguishable quality a try, but it made no noticeable difference. (I already had mp4 and hardware selected.) For the record, here's what I get using the same settings in OBS Classic:

Do your best, 1080p/60fps being what we're shooting for. Replay files will also be accepted you just have to specify which build you used to get them.

Oops! Had it set to 30 fps without realizing. And when I set it to 60 fps, it lagged horribly, much like OBS Studio.

This inspired me to try 30 fps in Studio, but it still doesn't work. It doesn't lag quite as much as before, but the output is still missing lots and lots of frames. (High vs. indistinguishable quality doesn't matter here.)

I wonder if it's time for a new computer, or for an SSD for this one. I don't know if writing to disc is the bottleneck here, but if so, an SSD would certainly fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.