Pichu's chaingrab

Guy_92

If you know about it, great. Some people won't.

Pichu can chaingrab with his down throw. It can go up to about 80%, then they start tumbling. Just downthrow, hold the other direction before he moves to walk and almost instantly regrab. Pretty simple. You can finish with some pummels before they can't get chained anymore (you shouldn't before this, he hurts himself, that little emo) into a F/U-smash or a held down-b (12% emo damage) and even finish the stock with that.

YOU MIGHT BE (MOST LIKELY) ABLE TO TECH but I have no one to test with.

% you can get them up to until they tumble

Bowser: 112%
Fox: 70%
Jigglypuff: 70%
Captain Falcon: 84%
Falco: 70%
Shielk: 77%
Ganondorf: 84%
Mario: 77%

Captain Falcon is hard to do it on. There's more of a knockback growth on him. You have to do it fast at first than you would normally and then you might have to dash for the other ones if you can't walk to him quick enough. DI can come into play as well. Shiek is in somewhat of the same boat. Mario EVEN MORE.

If you want me to do any more testing let me know.

Mawootad

Minus Backroom
It's a known issue and is reduced to a reasonable level in the current dev version for 4.0 full. Puff has something similar as well that we're looking to fix.

Thor

It's a known issue and is reduced to a reasonable level in the current dev version for 4.0 full. Puff has something similar as well that we're looking to fix.

I hope by a "reasonable level" you mean none at all... if not, I will state right here that I think Minus is playing way too loose with former stated rules that were laid out... no chaingrabs means no chaingrabs, and no spikes means no spikes, NOT "Well, some chaingrabbing is ok", "Well, this one character gets a spike, but no one else".

I'm starting to see why some people thought the old Minus was better... when they made rules for the mod, they actually followed them...

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
I hope by a "reasonable level" you mean none at all... if not, I will state right here that I think Minus is playing way too loose with former stated rules that were laid out... no chaingrabs means no chaingrabs, and no spikes means no spikes, NOT "Well, some chaingrabbing is ok", "Well, this one character gets a spike, but no one else".

I'm starting to see why some people thought the old Minus was better... when they made rules for the mod, they actually followed them...

Ganondorf and Falcon had chaingrabs in Minus since the dawn of the mod. There was no "no chaingrabs and no spikes" rules written down anywhere.

Bent 00

Longtime Limit Breaker
Ganondorf and Falcon had chaingrabs in Minus since the dawn of the mod. There was no "no chaingrabs and no spikes" rules written down anywhere.
Google: define chain grab
A chain grab (or chain throw) is a series of unescapable chains and throws. It involves grabbing and throwing an opponent in a certain direction, chasing their DI, and then grabbing them again while they are in the air, preventing them from teching.

IIRC, Falcon's and 'Dorf's "chaingrabs" are easily escaped from via good DI. So they're not true chaingrabs.

I do believe it was stated somewhere by a Minus dev that true chaingrabs are not something you want in the mod.

Not sure if the same has been said about true spikes, but they're just as bad IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:

Thor

Neither has a chaingrab. I tested all supposed Falcon chaingrabs and all were escapable with the correct method [Yoshi DIs away or hard up and in and uses nair, I know there were others but people kept insisting that was a thing and it's just not], and Ganondorf has no CGs either [flame choke tech chasing isn't a CG, and dthrow doesn't CG on away DI, although it theoretically might on in DI]. If you're getting chaingrabbed, you're doing it wrong, and while you can choose to learn to DI or choose not to and just lose to something silly and not a true combo, it doesn't mean you get to assert it's a chaingrab [that's roughly equivalent to claiming that Marth has a forward throw chaingrab on himself in Melee].

This also COMPLETELY ignores the point of "No true spikes" being a rule [there was one on Lucario intentionally removed because it was a spike, not because it was broken (was far less practical offstage as far as I know than Sonic's dair), and Marth/Falcon/Ganondorf/Falco/Luigi/etc. have no true spikes].

Either actually make true spikes a thing/feature [Luigi dtaunt, Marth side+B down3, there are other moves that would deserve it], or remove them. Ditto chaingrabs [Falco, ICs dthrow (Sopo CG), Marth, etc. would benefit from this].