Any tips on fighting Wolf?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanatoast

Grim Reaper in Training
Kind of tired of getting beaten around like an abused stepchild when I fight him
F-smash tilt+B modal into the easy side-B+Nair+upsmash+upB puts me at 50-80% almost every time, and I can't find away out of it. The slow lasers make it almost impossible to approach him because he sets up a wall where, even if you thread it, side-B smacks you straight down into it. Couple that with the fact that none of Wolf's moves have a fraction of end-lag and they effectively chain into everything they do make the experience about as enjoyable as pouring hot lead into my mouth (not to mention that the next update is going to take away his special-tumble out of side-B, allowing even easier combos).
I get what Minus is doing for Wolf, but I honestly can't see any kind of way to effectively approach, and ranged combat is out of the question because of the reflector.

Got any tips to git gud?

Thor

Kind of tired of getting beaten around like an abused stepchild when I fight him
F-smash tilt+B modal into the easy side-B+Nair+upsmash+upB puts me at 50-80% almost every time, and I can't find away out of it. The slow lasers make it almost impossible to approach him because he sets up a wall where, even if you thread it, side-B smacks you straight down into it. Couple that with the fact that none of Wolf's moves have a fraction of end-lag and they effectively chain into everything they do make the experience about as enjoyable as pouring hot lead into my mouth (not to mention that the next update is going to take away his special-tumble out of side-B, allowing even easier combos).
I get what Minus is doing for Wolf, but I honestly can't see any kind of way to effectively approach, and ranged combat is out of the question because of the reflector.

Got any tips to git gud?

I don't have it on me, but go into training mode and check if you can clank out his lasers with, say, Link's jab. If so, your main can technically swat away lasers [not terribly productive, but a way to slowly approach the gun].

SDI nair, SDI usmash, maybe you can SDI up+b? DI his usmash hard in front or behind him so that he has to at least jump after you for the up+b and probably angle it. You can also SDI fsmash.

His special tumble will still have endlag, it just won't put him in specialfall so he won't die offstage if he misses a cancel [though he still might].

You should be able to shield and punish fsmash. If he does the retreating one that should have enough endlag to run him down and punish him by dropping shield, if he does the moving forward one you can grab him or turn around and hit him with something quick. Also, hold down at low percents when DIing fsmash if it's linking into side+B - you will go too low for side+B to hit effectively. Alternatively, SDI out of the final hit so that you can punish or at least not get hit with a followup.

Not sure what other advice to offer. Wolf is combo fodder, but he falls super fast so if you're used to comboing slower fallers [like Ganondorf for instance], it will take some practice.

TvSkull4799

Got any tips to git gud?
i main wolf in minus, and honestly what that other guy said about not getting hit is pretty good outside of joking. Wolf has amazing arial presence, and his dash can put you right in that spot, I recommend a very defensive playstyle, be ready to gaurd and only start trying to punish when he leaves himself open like if he misses his up-b when trying to finish you. Other than that, I got nothing, a good wolf is something to be scared of.

TvSkull4799

i main wolf in minus, and honestly what that other guy said about not getting hit is pretty good outside of joking. Wolf has amazing arial presence, and his dash can put you right in that spot, I recommend a very defensive playstyle, be ready to gaurd and only start trying to punish when he leaves himself open like if he misses his up-b when trying to finish you. Other than that, I got nothing, a good wolf is something to be scared of.
or i could just be playing him wrong and I just revealed how to beat ME. *shrug*

Survivian

The Rando-Est of Brandos
Minus Backroom
Neville This is a request to lock this thread as the last time before TV Skull posted anything was March of 2015.

This goes above and beyond necro-posting and is also outdated with the current version of Wolf.

Kthnx.

Status
Not open for further replies.