Odd Stage Ideas

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thor

Anybody got stage ideas they'd like to share? I'm not saying stuff here will be implemented or is feasible (I'm not on the mod team) but if you wanted it to happen, what would you like to see?

I personally would love a stage where the blastzones are so far out as to seem almost non-existant (You would survive an Ike fsmash with proper DI below 140% with most characters... or something like that). This would give characters a chance to flex their awesome Minusy recoveries. It'd also make gimping more important. As for the actual stage layout, something simple like FD or BF would be fine.

I also wouldn't mind seeing the WiFi training stage be an actual stage, although I know matches here would be camping and teching fests. Still funny to watch/play FFAs on though.

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Thor said:
I also wouldn't mind seeing the WiFi training stage be an actual stage, although I know matches here would be camping and teching fests. Still funny to watch/play FFAs on though.

Hm? The wifi training stage has a basic layout... how is it a camp/tech-fest?

Glyph

He probably means the one you see while using wifi where it has a BF and platforms below it

Thor

EDIT: Ninja'd. Yes to Glyph.

I'm not talking Brawl WiFi stage, I was talking about the Minus wifi stage - although the Brawl WiFi stage could be the model used to have ridiculous blastlines in my first request, if the devs (you?) care to put it together.

Or else, when you enter WiFi and wait, you have a stage with FD AND BF AND platforms underneath and around them, and some of the platforms are low-traction (I think?) so Falco can Phantasm across them and slide easily along for lengthening Phantasm's net distance. He can have 6 lasers out, which is enougb on this stage to make approaching irritating (he'd be way scarier with like 12 lasers) - and that's just Falco, who doesn't abuse this stage nearly as well as others - while nearly everyone can circle-camp, and Sonic would be nigh-unbeatable if he lands the first hit thanks to ridiculously strong circle camping with side+b. ROB's OHKO trick (KOing himself with side+b + bair) would also not be a KO on him if used right, just a fantastic get out option that makes it nearly impossible to keep up with him (then he tries to laser you from afar or shoot gyros for kicks). Samus also seems like she could silly stuff here if her missiles (and charge shot) had longer total range (and still could now).

But I'd still like to see it as an option because it would be so darn fun to play on, at least for FFAs in my opinion.

spacechase0

My brothers and I use the Stage Expansion with Minus, and we frequently play on the WiFi course. As ranged characters, they enjoy that course a lot. As someone who plays Kirby exclusively, I don't enjoy it much at all. :p

We do however have a course that is almost the opposite, so I can't complain too much.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
I'd love to see something with lots of gimmicks and hazards for fun hectic play.

Thor

Have you played Spear Pillar with Dialga? Maybe you want bigger (like Melee temple) but that stage + certain items (mainly disable explosives and super annoying stuff like the fan because the players (low skill level) I know hate it thanks to not knowing what SDI is) is hectic and fun.

Gold_TSG

That stage is more irritating than it is hectic, honestly, and I actually prefer playing with explosives. Back in vBrawl, I would train under insane circumstances to get better, such as playing on Norfair with all explosives on high in FFAs against DDD, Bowser and DK. THAT is fun as hell.

NEWB

I actually hate how you guys added back in the cave to dialga's stage. I say remove it. It was much funner that way. I mean, now when dialga breaks the floor beneath you, who cares? I loved when that would just disrupt and kill people :p

Thor

LEAVE THE CAVE! I LOVE THE CAVE! PLEASE DON'T REMOVE IT!!!

There would be almost no cave of life type stuff, plus dialga's attacks wouldn't be as cool (the horizontal beam clearing people out or making them shield is the coolest attack to me).

NEWB

Cave of life is dumb! The stage is more hectic and fun without it. Everyone gets forced in a confined stage, and everything except that beam below is more Lethal! Now someone can spend all day being a pussy and run away from you.

Thor

Well, I only use the stage for FFAs anyway. If they're running away you can still eventually trap them with the frequent hazards and stage breakdowns (actually this might be an issue vs Sonic...). And you can hold buttons on loadup to avoid cave of life anyway so it's probably not that big a deal to leave in for one stage (I REALLY don't want the cave gone).

Greatest_Aether

Forum Reg of sorts
I think we should have the arena from the very first battle in SSE (the one where you choose Mario/Kirby), either as it's own stage or maybe over FD since the layout is basically the same. Or maybe the track from CF Final Smash over Port Town Aero Dive. Just thinking out loud here.

Darxmarx

The Learning Star Warrior
I think we should have the arena from the very first battle in SSE (the one where you choose Mario/Kirby), either as it's own stage or maybe over FD since the layout is basically the same.

I'm pretty sure that SSE arena is just a non-transforming, re-skinned version of Pokémon Stadium 2 (or 1).

Demopot

Meme Rapper
Hear me out
What if
Okay listen
What
If

There was a stage that was just a big greenscreen. Just one shade of green with no shading or anything. Super flat lighting. No shadows are cast.

For those of us who like to make videos, we'd really appreciate being able to chroma key the characters to make for some interesting things in the future.

Gold_TSG

Status
Not open for further replies.