How Mewtwo works, a guide to the Legendary Pokemon himself! (WIP)

Yama

Hello there! I'm Yama! Throughout the entire smash series mewtwo has always been my go-to character. I know I'm really late to the hype train but I just wanted to give you my thoughts on how I think Brawl Minus mewtwo should be played and where he will go from here.

EDIT OF 3/5/17: I'M STARTING FROM THE GROUND UP ON THIS GUIDE

I'm back and let's just say Prozac is useless and I hate my existence. Anyways, this is about Mewtwo not me!

At the time of this fix, Brawl Minus has received its first official tier list. Mewtwo is ranked the best character in the game, above ZSS, Lucario, MK, etc. He has a great projectile, one of the most linear recoveries, and he can threaten most of the cast with his long, disjointed tail. I will be going over his neutral, edgeguarding, combos, blah blah blah let's get to it.

NEUTRAL
Mewtwo has always had great tilts. Down tilt and up tilt are your main combo starters. they can lead to another tilt, forward air, up air, and occasionally back air. His projectile is insanely good. At full charge, Shadow ball does not stop after hitting an opponent or projectile. Its great for forcing your opponent to approach. Down smash can be a great way to bait whiffed punishes from inexperienced players. The IASA frames on this move are stupid good. Back air can be used to wall out opponents, especially those who lack range. (I can't really think of what I'm missing so I'll stop here for neutral)

Edge-guarding
Mewtwo's been pretty good at edge-guarding a lot of characters. Down smash, back air, and down air are the usual go-to moves. Don't be afraid to go deep for your edge-guards. However, practice your edge-guards so you don't end up losing a stock over going too deep. Shadow ball can be used as a frame trap. If they airdodge, you get a free forward air, up air, bair, etc. If they don't airdodge, you can still threaten them offstage. (All I can think of again. Criticism is welcome)

Last edited:

Pin Clock

Project Leader
Minus Backroom
Shadow Ball doesn't stop even after connecting with hurtboxes.

AGentleStar

Video Editor
I wonder if you can do the Confusion glitch in Minus the same way you can do it in Melee. I'll have to test that. :nesmk:

Mimsy

Netplayer
Playtester
how to mewtwo:
-on stage-
1) dash attack, up tilt, up air string
2) teleport nair into ^
-on ledge-
2) set future sight on edge and spam down smash/fsmash
:m2::armortwo:

Last edited: