Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion

Tybis

Resident Minusaur
Minus Backroom
Villager is literally top tier and I'll fight anyone who disagrees to the death.
What if I said Villager was just Samus Jigglypuff? WHAT THEN?

Thor

In no customs, Sheik outcamps Villager. Haven't fought a custom villager yet, but Villager gets sort of bopped by Sheik, and I'm pretty sure Pikachu and Diddy Kong do a number on Villager as well.

Gold_TSG

Can't stop The Dorf Train.
It was the patch to fix the online issues people were getting from using mewtwo in certain game modes, essentially locking them out from online.

NEWB

If you look at the patch note ingame, it says game play tweaks. Unless they stated elsewhere, we can't dismiss other changes because english.

Neville

GG M8s
Minus Backroom
In no customs, Sheik outcamps Villager. Haven't fought a custom villager yet, but Villager gets sort of bopped by Sheik, and I'm pretty sure Pikachu and Diddy Kong do a number on Villager as well.
Custom villager's plant that trips people is dope as hell.

NEWB

Face a villager that uses tree counter, the one mega is talking about. That custom is just stupid. Granted that doesn't stop sheiks needles.

Gold_TSG

If you look at the patch note ingame, it says game play tweaks. Unless they stated elsewhere, we can't dismiss other changes because english.
1.0.7 was a necessary emergency patch that both stopped mewtwo's online glitch, and patched out his glitch customs. 1.0.6 is everything else.

NEWB

If they patched out his customs, then I guess that would count as game play tweak. It's just that if that was all they did, it would be very unnecessary for them to say that they also made game play tweaks.

Gold_TSG

They didn't. I've been keeping track of smash boards. And they didn't remove his customs. He never had any. Go YouTube his customs glitches and you'll understand. They literally break the game.

NEWB

"In addition, this patch includes various gameplay tweaks." That's what it says on the 1.07 patch note on my 3ds smash game. I hear what you are saying but I have a hard time overlooking that statement. If it seems that nothing changed, then I guess nothing changed. If they didn't do anything, then they shouldn't have said that is all I'm saying.

I did see that customs video for mewtwo, just before they released the patch actually. His customs were quite literally game breaking.

Gold_TSG

Those were the gameplay tweaks

Thor

Was there some awesome combo I missed out on in my first view, or did you just feel like posting you three-stocking someone [nice job by the way]?

Gold_TSG

Gyro shenanigans? Gyro combos? Gyro + laser + reflected gordo kill combo? I know I didn't post a different video by accident, so these are kinda impossible to miss...

Last edited by a moderator:

ESC Artiste

The Pot is heavier than Ridley
So, is this thread ded, or...?

...eh, screw it. So, as of late, I've noticed some mid-tier and a couple low tier characters make it into at least top 32 at major tournaments. Anyone's thoughts on this?